Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advise to rent in Cork

Options
  • 13-07-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Planning to move cork, I know rentals are mad everywhere

but would you please advise a secure location even a little away from cork city centre,
    its closer to shops and preschool/school/childcare facilities with good internet ?

if someone lives there , has a good experience with surrounding areas, please advise.
    could try uptown 1200 rent
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

want to make sure its decent for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

It really depends on where you are working. You can have some bottle knock areas in car for driving and Cork doesn’t have the public transport like Dublin so your dependant on driving. Prices are really high also in Cork and demand high.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Won't get much in cork for that budget unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

As mentioned, depends where work is. Traffic can be crazy some places. Ballincollig maybe? Good for kids. Crèches are also crazy at the moment. Many booked out till end of 2020. Won’t get much for €1200.

Work is grand
    Can do from home no issues
    But shops,childcare,schools
    Kids friendly estate is priority

• Advertisement

Ofcourse with good internet reception
    Thanks a mill
    Any input much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

midleton is cheap,has lots to offer and 20mins from city..trains and bus run regular but only problem we have is they all stop at 11pm so not of value on taxis out of city at night..other than that its a sleepy town with good nightlife

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

1200 a month is not realistic rent for what you need.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

You're going to be caught for that price range. Your best bet is to look at Middleton, castlemartyr, youghal, tower, mallow, fermoy or ballincollig.

All areas have good and bad estates but these towns and villages tend to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If you are looking for 3-4 bedroom for kids, you are going to have to go out quite a bit, even student rentals around the colleges charge more than 1200 for 3 beds.

Middleton/Carrigtohill areas might have something for around that, but you are going to have to go €2k plus if you want to expand your choice.

• Advertisement

there are quite few properties there, ill have a check today

yeh I understand, lets see how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 3 walterral2017

I would say East Cork is a good option as previous posters also indicated.

Advertisement