Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cards

Options
  • 13-07-2019 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

If I bought say 200 cards on a roll with consecutive serial numbers can I somehow track if and when and where they are cashed???

Mods move if wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You would have no access to the Lotto systems to find that out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

If I was to give one to each customer on an invoice and take note of the serial there is no way to track it,?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Stick to AH op

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

khaldrogo wrote: »
    If I was to give one to each customer on an invoice and take note of the serial there is no way to track it,?

No why the hell would there be? The information isn't relevant to anyone. But to answer your question, no

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Why on earth would there be? Premier Lotteries would have that info but they won't give it to you

• Advertisement

Incidentally the price of 200 tickets seems around the ballpark figure for certain kinds of weekly social welfare payment.

Genuine question lads, not sure why all the hostility??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Try an FOI, if they reject that, try GDPR. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Okay, no it is not remotely possible for you to check this I'm sorry to say. But, why on earth would you want to?
    Genuine question lads, not sure why all the hostility??

Okay, no it is not remotely possible for you to check this I'm sorry to say. But, why on earth would you want to?

These would be good customers that I knew. Just to see if they got anything out of it and whether it would be worth doing going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I remember a burgler was caught after he done a job in a garage in Naas and took cash, cigs and lotto cards. Was caught after his wife or gf cashed in a number of winners. The Garda and lotto were able to trace the serials and got cctv. Was in the papers a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If I bought say 200 cards on a roll with consecutive serial numbers can I somehow track if and when and where they are cashed???

Mods move if wrong forum

You wouldn't be able to do that unless you noted when and where you redeemed the prizes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Roll of stolen card's was the first thing to come to mind.

These would be good customers that I knew. Just to see if they got anything out of it and whether it would be worth doing going forward

If they are good customers then they'll probably comment on it if they had a win.

Seriously, it's a thing the new job are doing. I was just trying to see if it was worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Unless the customer tells you they won, you hear it from someone else, or it's a really big win and they tell the media where they got the card, there is no way you would know.

Seriously, it's a thing the new job are doing. I was just trying to see if it was worth doing.

Them winning or not isn't the measure of if it's worth doing or not; it's what the customer thinks of the gesture that counts.

The other real question who besides the OP would you sell lottery tickets to on this thread. Well, they try and flog lottery tickets to passengers on Ryanair flights don't they?
    I would prefer a job where I would have to sell lottery tickets and yes I dispise Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Are you talking about the national lottery scratchcards, or ones you'd have printed yourself?

If you're printing some yourself, with prizes redeemable in your company, then there's no problem tracking the winners.

If you're talking about buying 200 national lottery scratchcards in your local convenience store, then no, you'd never know which were winners, or where they were cashed.

Advertisement