Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lot of unwanted new LG tvs for sale

• 13-07-2019 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is the correct forum or not. I'm in the market for a 32 inch tv with a combined satellite and soarview tuner. An LG TV Seems to fit the bill. I've noticed in the last 2-3 weeks there is a lot of lg tv's for sale as unwanted gifts all over the country. These are supposed to be new, model No 32LK510. Strange that it's the same model.
    Is there anything suspicious here or was this model end of line clearance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

720p, not a smart tv, no internet etc.

10-15 years ago 720p wasnt wonderfull

Not much good for ps4 or Xbox etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Even if it was end of line clearance, I would expect to see it discounted in stores not as unwanted gifts by random sellers...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

shane b wrote: »
    Dont know if this is the correct forum or not. I'm in the market for a 32 inch tv with a combined satellite and soarview tuner. An LG TV Seems to fit the bill. I've noticed in the last 2-3 weeks there is a lot of lg tv's for sale as unwanted gifts all over the country. These are supposed to be new, model No 32LK510. Strange that it's the same model.
    Is there anything suspicious here or was this model end of line clearance?

I may be incorrect on this, but is that the TV Sky were giving away for free if you signed up for a year? Could be people offloading them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I'd imagine a group of people were travelling and came across them and brought them back to sell. The unwanted gift craic is to cover this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Sky were giving away 32" LG TVs with new subscriptions last year. They are likely coming from this.

https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/broadband-phone/sky-new-signup-offer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Ah. There you go.

I'm a suspicious devil...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ive reviewed the thread. It’s off topic for this forum, so it’ll be closed. I don’t at this point propose to take any action regarding any individual post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement