Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Clean is your Mouse?

Options
  • 13-07-2019 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any l33t hAxor for PC cleaning. I'm that bored without my rig I need to do something. Firstly my mouse and Keyboard are a disgrace but also is there a good way to clean fans without a) stripping them out and b) without an air duster.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Has anyone any l33t hAxor for PC cleaning. I'm that bored without my rig I need to do something. Firstly my mouse and Keyboard are a disgrace but also is there a good way to clean fans without a) stripping them out and b) without an air duster.

I use a compressed air can for cleaning a rig/fans seems the safest way
    Mouse and keyboard just use standard cleaning products tbh but my keyboard is a normal one so I don't care for it much haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Lidl's kitchen cleaning wipes are great for getting gunk off of a mouse....wish they'd been around back in the day when you had to remove the ball from your mouse for a good clean lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

See I've found that compressed air blows f*ck all away and the bits it does move it pushes the crap further into crevices and places dust shouldn't be.

Having said that my keyboard is also a disgrace. Is there a downside apart from time/effort removing the keys and cleaning them in like a bowl of soapy water??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well I took all the keys off and individually cleaned them with baby wipes. The keyboard itself was minging (I mean... Legit disgusting) so I ran a hoover over it with a brush attachment, babywiped everything else and it's sparkling now. Something I should have done ages ago.

When my new pc parts arrive this week I'm going to take some time and do the same thing to my pc case which is an absolute dust bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Turn the PC off and vacuum the fans with brush attachment. Alternatively just take an hour or so and do a nice thorough clean of everything! Your PC deserves it!

Mouse, baby wipes, also clean your hands before using (I'm always getting mine greasy). Keyboard, vacuum and baby wipes for general clean. For a deeper clean take off the keys and clean them and the gaps beneath.

• Advertisement

I clean my PC every week or two with a microfiber cloth. Dust is a OCD pet hate of mine.

Advertisement