Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hr TT

Options
  • 13-07-2019 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭

http://audax24hour.com/

A few regulars here did this last year, myself included, anyone taking the challenge on (again:eek:) this year.

Found it a great event last year, great spirit and camaraderie among the organisers, competitors and folk helping out but still one of the toughest things I've done on a bike.

There was a great mix of entrants, some of us took it full on with a target to shoot for while others did it to raise awareness of their cause and try to earn a few euro for charity and there were also a few working up to a go at Race around Ireland.

I understand there's at least one team entered this year so it'll be interesting to see what sort of distance they can clock up

Takes place this day fortnight between Athy and Kilcullen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Haven't done any long distance in years and was never fast to begin with but I've only managed 420km over a 24hr period.
    Watched the below recently however which I found interesting and maybe of interest:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

Haven't done any long distance in years and was never fast to begin with but I've only managed 420km over a 24hr period.
    Watched the below recently however which I found interesting and maybe of interest:
    [YOUTUBE*]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMn2H4wXj4[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers for that, whatever about circling round South Kildare on a fine summer's day, I don't think I could hack riding indoors for 24hrs, especially at that level of intensity.

Some really strong and interesting fellows out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

6 laps into it for the leaders at the moment since 12pm. 25 starters.

Advertisement