Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishman set to be deported from the US

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

holyhead wrote: »
    Post traumatic stress my foot. Enters the United States on a false premise. Works there illegally. Gets married knowing he can't legally reside there. Gets pulled up by the authorities. Drags every and their mother into a fight to stay in the U.S. when he has to face the consequences of his actions. Grow up man!

He tried to pull a stunt which in all likelihood would be successful in Ireland, he went over there thinking privately to himself that the rest of the world works the same as Ireland. The marriage and kids were his attempt at sealing his green card. Yes the kids are the biggest losers here, but they were conceived under a load of lies. As i've read elsewhere in the thread, had he declared it in 2007 then he wouldn't have gotten the holiday visa in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

According to that report, he said he filled in the visa thing honestly...
    "He said that on the form applying for his green card he was asked had he ever been fined or arrested.

He said: "We told the truth from day one.""

Erm, no you didn't.

And the only embarrassement in this whole personal event for him should be the way OTT Irish media coverage of it - especially RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

He could be making a fatal mistake with the smug bravado, I personally wouldnt be playing chicken with Trump's immigration service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

vetinari wrote: »
    Wow, the level of nastiness on this thread is surprisingly high.

Aye some people live for this sort of thing. People are usually like this because the guy was quite successful in the USA, made a good business , had a nice little family. It's called jealousy because a lot of people have crappier lives than the guy being deported. They can't wait to dig in the dagger......They love seeing things fall apart.. " turf him out, get him out!!". That's really going to help his poor kids who have no fault in this at all regardless of what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

It really makes a mockery of their immigration system if he is let stay.It shows that ignoring the rules and looking for forgiveness rather than permission is the way to go. Very strange that ur man is so entitled, feels two drug convictions are no issue at all and that deliberately breaking the rules is also fine!

Thats what could bite him in the ass if he is flaunting it like its his entitlement. If he has some leverage maybe thats why he is being like this but we are talking about trying to embarrass an immigration service who are separating parents and kids.

Furthermore if he does get in after all of this it might raise the question of a biased system that works in favor of white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Calhoun wrote: »
    Thats what could bite him in the ass if he is flaunting it like its his entitlement. If he has some leverage maybe thats why he is being like this but we are talking about trying to embarrass an immigration service who are separating parents and kids.

Furthermore if he does get in after all of this it might raise the question of a biased system that works in favor of white people.

Maybe he feels that publicizing it gives him some advantage? Must say it doesn’t seem like that though, seems like no one close to him has been frank enough to tell him he was taking a huge chance all along and has a very weak case now.

Maybe he feels that publicizing it gives him some advantage? Must say it doesn’t seem like that though, seems like no one close to him has been frank enough to tell him he was taking a huge chance all along and has a very weak case now.

It gives him an advantage for sure but depends on the approach maybe they have misrepresented him and he isn't as entitled.

We shall see soon enough how successful it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Donald Trump (of all posters) waffling about posters having egg on their face whilst at the same time displaying his total lack of knowledge on the very topic under discussion.

Is this the real Donald Trump posting here on Boards.ie by any chance?

Egg
    on
    Face

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-just-want-it-over-keith-byrne-returns-to-work-in-the-us-after-being-granted-90-day-extension-38444102.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

• Advertisement

Portsalon wrote: »

Hopefully the I.C.E are looking at this and return the favour by returning Mr Byrne to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Hopefully the I.C.E are looking at this and return the favour by returning Mr Byrne to Ireland.

What ever your views on his sense of entitlement why would anyone wish deportation and separation from their family on anyone ? To actually want it to happen ??

Seriously, take a look at yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

knipex wrote: »
    What ever your views on his sense of entitlement why would anyone wish deportation and separation from their family on anyone ? To actually want it to happen ??

People like this yahoo from Cork, ruin it for people who want to get to the US legally. Hopefully he gets the boot quick smart and a large legal bill.

He knowingly created that situation of his own volition. He was an illegal immigrant and proceeded to get hitched and have children in an attempt to stay permanently, a system which would work rather well in Ireland. The marriage and children didn't magically appear. I'm not alone in wanting it to happen, initially i did have sympathy until i seen his interview with RTE, the entitlement of it all was enough for me. As for him comparing his situation to John Lennon, that's a bit much, society, especially American society has changed dramatically since then. He literally made his bed, has to accept the consequences of his actions just like anyone else, the US justice system will have the final say on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

the virtue signalling is strong in this one

if he cannot abide by the rules like the rest of us then he deserves every single bit of it

Portsalon wrote: »

Mr Volrath has remained in the US as he does not currently meet the financial threshold needed to apply for residency in the UK.

“I only wanted to visit my family for 10 days, then return to the US where I am employed,” Mr Volrath said.

https://www.davidsonmorris.com/financial-requirement-for-spouse-visa/
    Unless exempt, you must meet the financial requirement for spouse visas in the form of a minimum income threshold. For a partner applying under Appendix FM, without dependent children, the threshold is a gross annual income of at least £18,600.
    If you are applying with a dependent child, you must prove an additional £3,800 for the first child, together with an increase of £2,400 for each additional child.

<...>

You may also be able to use cash savings over £16,000 if held by you or your partner for at least 6 months. This can be combined with some of the other sources of income to meet the minimum income threshold.

He has a job keeping him back in the US apparently.............just not one that makes more than 27,600 per year gross.......and doesn't appear to have any savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

His wife has already stated she is happy to move to Ireland if he can't stay. It's the height of arrogance to have kids in a country where you don't have a clear and legal immigration status.

He knowingly created that situation of his own volition. He was an illegal immigrant and proceeded to get hitched and have children in an attempt to stay permanently, a system which would work rather well in Ireland. The marriage and children didn't magically appear. I'm not alone in wanting it to happen, initially i did have sympathy until i seen his interview with RTE, the entitlement of it all was enough for me. As for him comparing his situation to John Lennon, that's a bit much, society, especially American society has changed dramatically since then. He literally made his bed, has to accept the consequences of his actions just like anyone else, the US justice system will have the final say on him.

In fairness, it's a bit mad that you are "wanting it to happen". I'd assume that most people don't give a shite about your man on a personal level but that's different from actively wishing misfortune on him.

I think that it makes no sense logically to deport the fella, and I think they should let him stay, but I won't be having any sleepless night if they do deport him, and won't be having parties to celebrate if they don't. I still think there is a fair chance he will be allowed to pay a fine and be put back into the queue for processing and get his status regulated. Their system allows for that in practice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭ax530

Wonder how this case ended? If he is still in US. Such a big news story but no follow up on Google anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yet something like 11,000 deportation orders here outstanding and a minister for justice celebrating the idea no one we deported throughout the pandemic

Advertisement