Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A week in October for a couple

• 14-07-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Looking at around a week in October for ourselves without the kids for some chill time.

We had considered Lindos in Greece but someone said the weather is not great.

Are we restricted to the Canaries or can anyone recommend a decent destination at that time of year ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

batman1 wrote: »
    Looking at around a week in October for ourselves without the kids for some chill time.

Are we restricted to the Canaries or can anyone recommend a decent destination at that time of year ?

What’s the budget? If I got a week away without the kids I’d love to head to Morocco, Dubai or at a stretch Thailand maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭batman1

Budget is in and around 1500.

Been to Dubai and Thailand. Morocco doesn't interest us.

Somewhere around Europe that is a bit luxe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Cyprus is lovely,and probably the best bet for weather if you don't fancy the Canaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Malta might be worth a look.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I'm looking for something too.
    I got the impression Malta is very staid, so haven't considered it.
    What is Cyprus like?

• Advertisement

seville, lisbon if you can consider a city break

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dht

SoFrance can b nice in Oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    I'm looking for something too.
    I got the impression Malta is very staid, so haven't considered it.
    What is Cyprus like?

Cyprus is great,depending on what you're looking for?
    Very friendly country,just about everyone speaks english,drive on the left ( so hiring a car isn't daunting).
    Beaches,heat,lots of history and archeology.Nighlife if you pick the right area,waterparks,and if you're self catering everything in the supermarkets that isn't imported is very cheap.Mountains if you need to cool down and buses are cheap.
    Greek feel I think (not sure,as I've never been to Greece),and small enough to pick out and travel to the highlights.
    The country is divided though-have only visited the south.The north is turkish occupied,and I'd have no experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

batman1 wrote: »

Spent 5 days in Crete in October, great weather and lovely place

check out Chania town and also Lutro for something a bit different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Cascais in Lisbon is very nice - has good beaches, but also 40 minutes from Lisbon city centre which in my view is one of the nicest cities in Europe.

You know yourself how it is in October - weather can be outstanding, or it can be wet and grey - and that applies anywhere in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Myself and the OH are doing a week in Dubrovnik in October for about €300 a head for flights and a really nice looking airbnb. I haven't been but heard October is a good time to go as the weather is still nice but not as crowded with tourists. If you're into big sandy beaches though it probably wouldn't suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Myself and the OH are doing a week in Dubrovnik in October for about €300 a head for flights and a really nice looking airbnb. I haven't been but heard October is a good time to go as the weather is still nice but not as crowded with tourists. If you're into big sandy beaches though it probably wouldn't suit!

Take a water taxi from the old city harbour to Cavtat . A lovely way to spend day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Take a water taxi from the old city harbour to Cavtat . A lovely way to spend day

Will definitely stick it on the list, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

grimm2005 wrote: »

A bus trip to Kotor in Montenegro is another must do. A spectacular day out and the Ffjiord in Kotor is stunningly beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Cascais in Lisbon is very nice - has good beaches, but also 40 minutes from Lisbon city centre which in my view is one of the nicest cities in Europe.

If you're looking for a bit of luxury I recommend the Hotel Miragem in Cascais.

Advertisement