Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do bus drivers salute each other

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Giggsy19 wrote: »
    Most buses go the speed limit or at least should be with passengers on board so not sure it would matter about speed checks...

Citylink buses have good punctuality because their drivers break the speed limits off the motorways. All buses are speed governed to 100kph but lower limits apoly in off motorway urban areas. Bus Eireann are far less punctual but have more law abiding drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Giggsy19

davej wrote: »
    Do you know who else does salutes ?

Nazis

Do u think there is underlying meaning to the bus drivers salutes? Some of them are borderline..

Oxter wrote: »
    Citylink buses have good punctuality because their drivers break the speed limits off the motorways. All buses are speed governed to 100kph but lower limits apoly in off motorway urban areas. Bus Eireann are far less punctual but have more law abiding drivers.

If they do salute to warn of speed checks then this backs up my reason for been anti saluting amongst the bus drivers gang..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

davej wrote: »
    Do you know who else does salutes ?

Nazis

Like these guys?

250px-Rkka.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

If you ever drive a Land Rover Defender or it's older versions you'll probably get a wave from another Defender driver as he passes by. Its a tradition going back years. I was overtaken by another Defender driver outside Cork city last year and he flashed on his rear worked lights as he sped off into the distance. Drivers of LR Discovery Evoque and Range Rover won't salute unless they are LR fanatics. They probably don't know of the tradition.

topper75 wrote: »
    Like these guys?

250px-Rkka.jpg

Actually looks like a couple of the bus eireann drivers...but the wave is spot on there actually..citylink i find are a bit more extravagant in there waves...almost showing off

If you ever drive a Land Rover Defender or it's older versions you'll probably get a wave from another Defender driver as he passes by. Its a tradition going back years. I was overtaken by another Defender driver outside Cork city last year and he flashed on his rear worked lights as he sped off into the distance. Drivers of LR Discovery Evoque and Range Rover won't salute unless they are LR fanatics. They probably don't know of the tradition.

Thanks for the heads up...never buy LR defender!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its that integrated bus driver camaraderie salute.

CFWTsi0XIAAEdF8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

If they do salute to warn of speed checks then this backs up my reason for been anti saluting amongst the bus drivers gang..

They salute if no speed check.

No salute means slow down

Oxter wrote: »
    They salute if no speed check.

No salute means slow down

Is this actually true?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is this actually true?!

Yes , course it's true, this is AH ,we always tell the truth.
    I'm just off out for a bit to bring my pet giraffe for a walk.

Yes , course it's true, this is AH ,we always tell the truth.
    I'm just off out for a bit to bring my pet giraffe for a walk.

Ah ok...suppose you also salute fellow giraffe owning pet owners on your walks?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

shockwave wrote: »
    People who drive campervans usually wave at each other on the road too

I've often waved at people who have the same car as me! :o

Why do bus drivers salute each other

Obviously they're all in Fine Gael.

1024px-O%27Duffy_Blue_Shirt_Movement_fascist_salute.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The salute between bus drivers is code for....got another load of dickheads onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The truckers do it too

They normally wear bootcut jeans, have the polo color tucked up and a chain inside and post pictures of Bulmers bottles on Snapchat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Better then the rest of the dip****s we come across....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A salute means free gay sex back at the depot

Andrew00 wrote: »
    A salute means free gay sex back at the depot

No you mad sure you give that on the back seat upstairs, I'm too busy driving to ever be involved and have a life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I usually sit just behind the LUAS driver. I'm always intrigued as to when they don't wave to say hello. Is there some sort of feud going on? What's the snub all about? Did the other LUAS driver covet my drivers wife? It could be anything

I usually sit just behind the LUAS driver. I'm always intrigued as to when they don't wave to say hello. Is there some sort of feud going on? What's the snub all about? Did the other LUAS driver covet my drivers wife? It could be anything

Tends to be racial.... I find less foreigners salute....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just a work culture thing. Every job has it's quirks.
    Like i've been in jobs where it was just a thing to greet people with a handshake than just a hello.

Advertisement