Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infaction

Options
  • 14-07-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Received an infaction for ignoring mod instruction

Post 1 could possibly be construed as ignoring mod instruction but post 2 which is the post actually infacted for was just to request the poster of the link to put it into the correct forum

Don't feel that such a request contravenes a mod instruction as it wasn't discussing it.

Have pm'd mod and he has agreed to allow appeal process

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the CMods know about your appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Please note postings only from OP, M&T cmods and Admins permitted.

Hi Spook_ie,

Please confirm that you have engaged the mod to try to resolve this. If you have and have not made progress, please post or forward the relevant PM exchange.

Cheers
    /tD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

tricky D wrote: »
    Please note postings only from OP, M&T cmods and Admins permitted.

Hi Spook_ie,

Please confirm that you have engaged the mod to try to resolve this. If you have and have not made progress, please post or forward the relevant PM exchange.

Cheers
    /tD

Confirmed.

Initialmessage from Lightening
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    Dear Spook_ie,

You have been warned for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

LIGHTNING

Moderator Note

I have already posted not to discuss it further. You posted despite this warning. I then deleted that post with the "ignored mod instruction" and you then posted again.

Your post:
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    Not embedded

Tomswife can you repost in this forum, I hate reading comments without having seen the video

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057975477

messages to Lightening
    Spook_ie wrote:
    I was only asking him to repost it in the non embedded cam section of the forum
    Spook_ie wrote:
    Id like to appeal this infaction, fair enough the initial post about wanting a link to put my 2c in was deleted as per your warning, but i dont see a post ( the o e you actually infacted me for) asking him to post the video to the correct forum for non embedded videos can be construed as going against modding
    Thanks
    Spook_ie wrote:
    Have you received message yet about wishing this infaction reviewed/reversed
    Thanks
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    Spook_ie wrote:
    Have you received message yet about wishing this infaction reviewed/reversed
    Thanks

Hello,

You are welcome to have infraction reviewed. I am not going to reverse it as you have admitted already to posting after my warning. You can follow the process to escalate this if you so wish.

Thanks,
    LIGHTNING

Spook_ie wrote:
    I will escalate it as the infaction was for the post asking it to be posted to the correct forum
    Thanks

Can't provide details of the 1st one, asking where the video was so I could put my 2c in ( which may be construed as against Mod orders but isn't the post infacted for ) as it's deleted

Thanks. I'll try to get to this shortly though probably not this evening.

What happened...

Non-embedded vid posted and removed per policy and mod warning posted. You responded to this with "But where is it now, I want to throw my 2c in. " [@ 13:58] which is a response to a mod instruction which is generally a no-no, but not direct enough to merit a sanction but post gets removed to prevent a potential mess. The deleted post should have been enough of a hint to not post on the matter again, but you posted [@ 16:00] a second time "Tomswife can you repost in this forum, I hate reading comments without having seen the video" which combined with the previous response pushes you over the line. A bit of low level backseat modding doesn't help either. What you should have done was to search your notifications if available or PMed for a link to the video - certainly not post again.

Was the sanction appropriate...
    2 responding to mod warning no-nos and a bit of minor backseat, makes it appropriate when taken together.

Card stands. You are free to seek out an Admin review if you so wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement