Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo plus with philips smart bulb or echo dot and philips bridge with lights

Options
  • 14-07-2019 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi folks was thinking of investing in either one of the options in the title. Not sure which one to go for. Im thinking theres probably more functionality with the philips bridge so probably leaning towards that. Has anone any experience or advice? Gonna try pick up something with the current deals on offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd definitely go with the Philips bridge, the Echo Plus seems far more limited compared to the Philips Bridge, you lose a lot of what makes Hue great if you don't have a hub.

Of course separately their would be a big difference in sound volume and probably quality between an Echo Plus and an Echo Dot, if that makes a difference to you.

Also another option is a Google Home Mini + Philips Hue Bridge if you want to go that way instead. I personally prefer GH over Echo, but both are decent options.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

bk wrote:
    Also another option is a Google Home Mini + Philips Hue Bridge if you want to go that way instead. I personally prefer GH over Echo, but both are decent options.

Cheers bk. I already have the google home but im moving to a house that has climote controlled heating so dont think the gh works. Ill probably get the echo set up and connected.

Advertisement