Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that grind my gears

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Why do they wear poppies then?

Come back in late October. We've just got over the "Would you wear an Easter Lily" season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Paul ****ing Collins. Thought that lad had been disappeared.

Hmmm I still think the name is tainted if we are seeing it as such

If you heard of a team called the Munich hitlers but they were named after his ancestor who started the local co-op and not him- you’d still find it questionable!

Does anybody remember the 'weird & wonderful facts' pieces in The Hot Press years back (are they still in it?). I never forget the one that stated 'Adolf Hiter won 7 All Ireland medals playing for Tipperary'........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

That's a new one!

They wouldn't have been averse to having digs at the GAA. A lot of the "my beloved Chelsea/Unirer/Pool" journos worked for them.

Does that irritating character still own it?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    That's a new one!

They wouldn't have been averse to having digs at the GAA. A lot of the "my beloved Chelsea/Unirer/Pool" journos worked for them.

Does that irritating character still own it?

Dunno who owns it tbh, but Niall Stokes is still the editor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Relating to what Bonniedog is rambling about but there was an advert for the next PSNI recruitment campaign in the match programme on Sunday. Now I've nothing against it, but I thought it was unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ger Canning - But he is already mentioned on the commentary thread.

But there is another thing that has started to wind me up - the match programes.
    Why in the name of jayus are they named 1-15 in this day and age?
    Who plays 1-15 anymore?
    They should line them out in the formation they are playing in number of midfielders/forwards - sweeper etc.

It would make things a lot clearer for everyone.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭cms88

Kilkenny players, ex players and fans in the last few days. Is there any sorer losers in the GAA? Goes back to my other point of the ''It's part of the game'' line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

7e for a match program at the all Ireland?

kala85 wrote: »
    7e for a match program at the all Ireland?

Is it gold leaved?
    Jayus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Is it gold leaved?
    Jayus.

Robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭1373

Radio commentators who say such a team are playing left to right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

They're at it again in Croker. Half time in extra time in the minor, they have an on pitch interview booming over the PA while the two teams are trying to compose themselves for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Replays in finals! The super bowl , rugby and soccer finals are all decided on the day . If you hve paid that much money to see a final u deserve to see a winner

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Replays in finals! The super bowl , rugby and soccer finals are all decided on the day . If you hve paid that much money to see a final u deserve to see a winner

I am gladly taking the draw...
    Another day out top class game lots of tension - great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

citykat wrote: »
    They're at it again in Croker. Half time in extra time in the minor, they have an on pitch interview booming over the PA while the two teams are trying to compose themselves for the second half.

Thought the minors were treated disgracefully yesterday.

Biggest day in most of those young fellas lives, and the presentation drowned out by some fkn DJ, and of course the sporting Princes who decided to ignore the schedule and come onto the pitch while the Cork lad was being handed the trophy.

Lovely stuff.

Advertisement