Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Oven warranty

Options
  • 14-07-2019 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi, My 2 yr old built in oven failed and the part is obsolete so I'm getting a new oven under warranty. I asked when I get the new oven that I get to start a new 3 yr warranty and the company said it would only cover the remaining portion of the warranty which is 1 year.
    I was under the impression that I would be get a new 3 yr warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

No your original warranty stands. You’re not buying the replacement oven so you don’t get a new warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No, usually the guarantee is for a set period of time, and any replacements carry the remainder of the original guarantee.

Now, in practice, you can end up getting a fresh guarantee on a replacement item from a store when you register it with the manufacturer (places like Harvey Norman issue a till receipt for the replacement), you might get store credit for the faulty item and use that to buy a replacement.

Advertisement