Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman rakes up 648 convictions

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Tintin101

What opportunity there is no pre release for those going out after jail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

From my experience, there are plenty of supports and assistance available, especially to women, if only they engage with them. I'm assuming, with her near 1k convictions, that she doesn't want to. The hand will always be held out, people like this woman keep slapping it away. We can blame the drugs, her upbringing, her social circles, etc. But at the end of the day, if someone doesn't accept help and actually work towards getting better, then there's not much more can be done. People have to be willing to engage. You can't force them.

What you want, i'm guessing, is for the state to provide even more to this woman, beyond what everyone else who actively engages and benefits from the supports get. She's not a special case, just a difficult one.

Advertisement