Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod not firing

Options
  • 15-07-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hoping someone might be able to help me with a mod issue. Picked up the minikin 2 last night and it's not firing. I've tried 5 different attys and it's picking up the resistance of them fine, registering each puff etc. I've cleaned the 510 and that seems fine. It's simply not firing. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

conjon wrote: »
    Hoping someone might be able to help me with a mod issue. Picked up the minikin 2 last night and it's not firing. I've tried 5 different attys and it's picking up the resistance of them fine, registering each puff etc. I've cleaned the 510 and that seems fine. It's simply not firing. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

I don't have a minikin,maybe it's locked,some mods lock the up n down & some lock the firing button,check out a good reviewer on youtube..

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I don't have a minikin,maybe it's locked,some mods lock the up n down & some lock the firing button,check out a good reviewer on youtube..

Don't think it's locked as on my Asmodus Colossal and Minikin Reborn it displays "System Locked" if locked.

Still no harm in trying... 3 quick clicks on the fire button locks / unlocks

Have you checked that it's in the right mode for the wire in your coil ? i.e. wattage / temp ss etc

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Just had a thought on this. I had something similar happen on the Reborn last year. Athough I can't recall the exact symptoms it sounds familiar-ish.
    I reloaded the original firmware after downloading it from the Asmodus site and it's worked fine since then.

Check out here...

https://www.asmodus.com/pages/downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The first thing I would think of is that it might be locked, but I'm sure you've checked for this? Some mods require you to press 2 buttons at once to unlock, others do the 3 clicks. Otherwise, could be a FW issue as Shinobollo suggests - no harm trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Thanks to everyone for guidance here. I emailed asmodus and sent them a video. They reckon it's an internal issue with the wiring to the 510. I tried taking it apart but it seems to be glued together in places. They did offer me usd 20 store credit for a replacement but it would cost that to ship. The mod had a good innings over 18 months. I'm probably going to buy a new one (Lustro and the v3 don't appeal to me). I can get one delivered for 67.

Thanks again lads
    Conor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I had a similar issue with a mod some time ago,cant remember which one but I took it apart, unsoldered the connections and discovered that juice had leaked down the 510 and onto the board. A quick clean with Isopropanol alcohol,re soldered and it's now perfect. Give it a try it's not that difficult and it'd be a shame to bin that mod as it's a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I had a similar issue with a mod some time ago,cant remember which one but I took it apart, unsoldered the connections and discovered that juice had leaked down the 510 and onto the board. A quick clean with Isopropanol alcohol,re soldered and it's now perfect. Give it a try it's not that difficult and it'd be a shame to bin that mod as it's a good 'un.

Thanks as always Bill. That's exactly what asmodus said could be the issue. Since the time I'd posted I've found a couple of YT videos on dismantaling them. Rest assured I'm not that frivolous with money. It's simply getting the time to try it. Works been busy. Genuinely one of my favourite mods since I got it. The weird thing was that it was working the morning I went on hols but had the issue when I came back...

Advertisement