Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

mayota wrote: »
    You should really put a new test on her.

Should I? Bought it as bangernomics, it owes me nothing and has cost me nothing... Won't get anything spent on it by me as I'm not a dealer, that's why its sold as seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Should I? Bought it as bangernomics, it owes me nothing and has cost me nothing... Won't get anything spent on it by me as I'm not a dealer, that's why its sold as seen.

You might be right. It’s got msport suspension, you’d almost be guaranteed it needs some bits and pieces underneath.

You might be right. It’s got msport suspension, you’d almost be guaranteed it needs some bits and pieces underneath.

No knocks or bangs, I'd put it through a test and can say it would probably pass. If something breaks, I fix it, but nothing is broke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

No knocks or bangs, I'd put it through a test and can say it would probably pass. If something breaks, I fix it, but nothing is broke :pac:

Well worth putting it through then, mightn’t be anyone for it otherwise.

mayota wrote: »
    Well worth putting it through then, mightn’t be anyone for it otherwise.

Still not spending money on it, as I said... Sold as seen,being a sub 2k car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Still not spending money on it, as I said... Sold as seen,being a sub 2k car.

Not even €55 for a test?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Not even €55 for a test?

Nope. I've moved on from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Not even €55 for a test?
    He’s a big important bus driver now.
    Doesn’t need to be spending money on bangers
    :-)

Andrew33 wrote: »
    He’s a big important bus driver now.
    Doesn’t need to be spending money on bangers
    :-)

Ahhh now I know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Nope. I've moved on from it.

The trick is to move it on from you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

The trick is to move it on from you.

It'll go one way or another.

Didn't realise that many people want others to spend money on a car, but nobody is spending money on others cars ;)

It'll go one way or another.

Didn't realise that many people want others to spend money on a car, but nobody is spending money on others cars ;)

To be fair this thread is usually about helping others and I'd say the people saying get it tested for the sake of 55 euro are only giving you the benefit of their experience.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm sure that he knows it won't pass an nct as is so what's the point in even wasting the €55?

I'm sure that he knows it won't pass an nct as is so what's the point in even wasting the €55?

To be honest, anytime I read "sold as seen" it instills a lot of trepidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

To be honest, anytime I read "sold as seen" it instills a lot of trepidation.

Exactly so why waste the €55? Anyone with a bit of sense and is genuinely interested will know how risky it is.

If I was interested I might ask for a test and a fail sheet and add the money onto whatever I pay.

Exactly so why waste the €55? Anyone with a bit of sense and is genuinely interested will know how risky it is.

If I was interested I might ask for a test and a fail sheet and add the money onto whatever I pay.

I'd gladly take 50 quid off someone, put it through a test and if it failed major I'd refund the 50 quid, but I'm not putting my own money into it.

I'd gladly take 50 quid off someone, put it through a test and if it failed major I'd refund the 50 quid, but I'm not putting my own money into it.

The car is a dog, isn’t it?

No knocks or bangs means nothing on msport suspension.

Yeah, absolute. Glad you can tell without coming to see it. May as well take it down and not offer it to people I know on boards, really thought I could get away with stinging somebody on here :rolleyes:

Bit uncalled for. The guys already stated his reasons for selling as is. Also he’s a regular poster here, I’d be more inclined to believe him when he says it’s a good one. He wouldn’t be posting a dog of a car in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

This place would melt your head sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Bit uncalled for. The guys already stated his reasons for selling as is. Also he’s a regular poster here, I’d be more inclined to believe him when he says it’s a good one. He wouldn’t be posting a dog of a car in here.
    Personally, I’d spend €55 out of a possible sale price of €1500-2000.
    It’d either pass (whoo hoo!) or you’d have a fail sheet to show potential buyers but that’s just me.
    Btw, I’ve known the seller since he was in short trousers and he’s a decent sort.

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Personally, I’d spend €55 out of a possible sale price of €1500-2000.
    It’d either pass (whoo hoo!) or you’d have a fail sheet to show potential buyers but that’s just me.
    Btw, I’ve known the seller since he was in short trousers and he’s a decent sort.
    Yeah it’s €1500 to a boardsie sold as seen or €2000 on donedeal. It’s up to the buyer to haggle lower due to short test.

Each to their own though.

Sorry was meant as a joke.
    Thought I had inserted a smiley face(on phone)but I see how the post came across regardless.

Apologies Midnight.

That aside, it probably doesn’t belong here with such a short test anyway.

This place would melt your head sometimes

All part of the fun Duke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's got a test. Its sub 2k and I'm sure theres more than 1 other person here who'd drive it. That's the criteria. I got bored of this place when there was people putting up stuff without a tests and out of the budget. As it is currently, I thought the NCT centres couldn't do tests, due to lifts? So what's the point on him putting it through?

It's got a test. Its sub 2k and I'm sure theres more than 1 other person here who'd drive it. That's the criteria. I got bored of this place when there was people putting up stuff without a tests and out of the budget. As it is currently, I thought the NCT centres couldn't do tests, due to lifts? So what's the point on him putting it through?

Grand so, you’ve convinced me. I’ll buy it!:) (it worked)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

There's a fair few arseholes knocking about here tonight it would seem....
    You'd think Midnight is after shafting some boardsie with a lemon already...

rizzodun wrote: »
    There's a fair few arseholes knocking about here tonight it would seem....
    You'd think Midnight is after shafting some boardsie with a lemon already...

Which is funny as I've only ever sold one car outside of my 'circle' or friends and family, and that was burnt out a week later lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Which is funny as I've only ever sold one car outside of my 'circle' or friends and family, and that was burnt out a week later lol

Go on admit it.... You burnt it out.... ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement