Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

2008 Volvo V50 FSH
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24199111

What are these like? The 2.0 is supposed to be ok?

There was a lovely black 2.0 R Design up yesterday with longer NCT for about the same money, lasted about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

My old focus was bit like that. Full service history, a few bits of reflective tape behind the rear reg plate. Walking back to it one evening after work the light caught the very faint DOCTOR on the bonnet where the sticker once was. Had it 2 years at that stage :o. Im sure if you went looking for it with a torch or whatever it might tell you what that volvo once was.

Interslice wrote: »
    My old focus was bit like that. Full service history, a few bits of reflective tape behind the rear reg plate. Walking back to it one evening after work the light caught the very faint DOCTOR on the bonnet where the sticker once was. Had it 2 years at that stage :o. Im sure if you went looking for it with a torch or whatever it might tell you what that volvo once was.

Or check the glovebox for it's medical degree. :pac:

Alfa GT
    Nct until 2021
    Back seat could do with a clean
    €1495

ZDhiOGZiMjBlNWZlNzY1Y2NiNWI4NzE1ZDFmZTg3MmUcWGV7VfVdn5FzzNMQFFyRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE4NjY0ODF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

rizzodun wrote: »
    Or check the glovebox for it's medical degree. :pac:

Alfa GT
    Nct until 2021
    Back seat could do with a clean
    €1495

ZDhiOGZiMjBlNWZlNzY1Y2NiNWI4NzE1ZDFmZTg3MmUcWGV7VfVdn5FzzNMQFFyRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE4NjY0ODF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That’s a beaut.
    Looks like reg starts with a W
    I could live with W or WW.
    More worrying is “one for the enthusiast”

Andrew33 wrote: »
    That’s a beaut.
    Looks like reg starts with a W
    I could live with W or WW.
    More worrying is “one for the enthusiast”

It’s an Alfa, enthusiast is pretty much a given.
    If it took 2 or 3 mountain bikes in the boot I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Not really. Can you find a NCT'd M Sport 530 under 3k?
    Would Sir like a saloon (with short test which could possibly be haggled to the same price as Midnight's)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-bmw-530d-m-sport-with-nct/24039396

YzYwMWFhN2UxOGU5Y2NjNGFlZDJkYjcwNjI4NWU0OTe42pJHdz3G3kfPeNF83HBRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA1NzQyODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Or maybe an estate with a test to August?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-m-sport/23489664

YTdiMDRiZmJhYjEyYTIzOThhYmYyYjM0ZGEwZjI0ZjH568t2SIXp4LUjAUM5SVV-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY0MTMxNTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Top Dog wrote: »
    Would Sir like a saloon (with short test which could possibly be haggled to the same price as Midnight's)

YzYwMWFhN2UxOGU5Y2NjNGFlZDJkYjcwNjI4NWU0OTe42pJHdz3G3kfPeNF83HBRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA1NzQyODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Or maybe an estate with a test to August?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-m-sport/23489664

YTdiMDRiZmJhYjEyYTIzOThhYmYyYjM0ZGEwZjI0ZjH568t2SIXp4LUjAUM5SVV-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY0MTMxNTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    Estate all the way but you’re not going to get it for 2k

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Even at less than 3k it's a great buy... maybe in another thread though.

Estate all the way but you’re not going to get it for 2k
    Most likely not, but after reading all the willy-waving in the previous pages I took the 3k challenge as laid out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You really believe you could get that for 1500 quid because it’s got a short test?

Go off and try it, and report back to us :)

If EG’s €1500 example is a dog because it’s only got a few months test, why would you spend 2200 on one with the same length of test?

• Advertisement

You really believe you could get that for 1500 quid because it’s got a short test?

Probably not 1500 but certainly for 2k which is what midnight said it’d be on DD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Let's stick to the cars that are 2k and under boys.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-jaguar-x-type-2-0-diesel/24203968

€1950. Trade sale as per the ad but looks clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-jaguar-x-type-2-0-diesel/24203968

€1950. Trade sale as per the ad but looks clean.

What are they like?
    I think I remember a suggestion that they are Mondeos in disguise or something?
    Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, I'm just wondering from a reliability point of view what are they like?

Its a decent bit of flash with cheap tax and diesel to boot!

W123-80's wrote: »
    What are they like?
    Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, I'm just wondering from a reliability point of view what are they like?

Based heavily on the Mondeo mk 3 I think.
    Meant to handle well.
    I know a few lads who drove mk3 diesel Mondeos (TDCi/TDDi?) who had a lot of failures with emissions at NCT time.
    Dunno if the engine in the Jag is the same but it’s likely.

Based heavily on the Mondeo mk 3 I think.
    Meant to handle well.
    I know a few lads who drove mk3 diesel Mondeos (TDCi/TDDi?) who had a lot of failures with emissions at NCT time.
    Dunno if the engine in the Jag is the same but it’s likely.

For that price, I'd be worried some young boy racer would go for it instead of a Passat and have it diffing on crossroads every night.
    It'd be nice to have the badge parked outside the house though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

For that price, I'd be worried some young boy racer would go for it instead of a Passat and have it diffing on crossroads every night.

In reverse? :confused:

If EG’s €1500 example is a dog because it’s only got a few months test, why would you spend 2200 on one with the same length of test?
    Jesus H Christ. I don't know what condition EGs car is in, and frankly i don't really care as I'm not in the market for one.

You challenged a poster to find an M-sport 530D for under 3k - I found 2. Can we please move on because it's bloody boring for us normal browsers watching all the bitching over it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Jesus H Christ. I don't know what condition EGs car is in, and frankly i don't really care as I'm not in the market for one.

You challenged a poster to find an M-sport 530D for under 3k - I found 2. Can we please move on because it's bloody boring for us normal browsers watching all the bitching over it. :rolleyes:

You’re not getting what I’m saying obviously. Certain posters are slating the car because it has a short test, “jokingly” calling it a dog etc, and when asked to find another, better example, someone went away and found one with the same length of test for €700 more (and admittedly a nice touring)

Ridiculous carry on, from utter blow ins. Regular posters here will show a bit of respect and appreciate that he is offering a very nice car at reasonable money to someone here.

I’ve been doing this a while, I’ve sold plenty and dealt with many people from this very forum/thread. It’s always the people who haven’t two pennies to rub together who are first to run a man’s car down, and it boils my piss. If you’ve nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

W123-80's wrote: »
    What are they like?

Lovely cars, have had one for 5 years, pre DPF though which causes issues on the newer ones.

Will need a DMF and clutch done at some stage if not already done and the starter motor should be done at the same time as the magnet nature of it attracts the clutch shavings and clogs it up.

They are the same mondeo underneath basically and most parts are ford bar one or two so cheap to repair if anything goes wrong. Nothing major went wrong on mine anyway and its one of my favourite cars to own. The badge helped, but it had some nice toys like heated windscreen and rain sensing wipers too.

You’re not getting what I’m saying obviously. Certain posters are slating the car because it has a short test, “jokingly” calling it a dog etc, and when asked to find another, better example, someone went away and found one with the same length of test for €700 more (and admittedly a nice touring)

Ridiculous carry on, from utter blow ins. Regular posters here will show a bit of respect and appreciate that he is offering a very nice car at reasonable money to someone here.

I’ve been doing this a while, I’ve sold plenty and dealt with many people from this very forum/thread. It’s always the people who haven’t two pennies to rub together who are first to run a man’s car down, and it boils my piss. If you’ve nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
    For what it's worth, I never said his car was a dog, nor commented on it at all actually ;)

Yep, If it had a different badge and a different engine and different body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

You should really stop being so sensitive.
    BTW I have 190 post in this forum. What’s the post count needed to loose the “blow in” status? If you have a problem with my posts, report them. If not stop barking on about it. Ridiculous carry on is right.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-skoda-octavia-petrol-nct-10-20-tax-5-20-low-km/24207104

1.6 Octavia
    2 months tax
    Long enough test
    Low miles

Probably get it for under a k.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Something I’m noticing more and more on cars for sale with photos of the NCT cert that have the last couple of years mileage showing.
    Most years show 10-15k per annum but the final year shows barely a couple of thousand km.
    Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

In reverse? :confused:

Yep, anything to burn a bit of rubber.

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Half decent spec too.
    Always thought that model Mondeo looked way too big for its wheels.
    Even 18” look lost in those arches

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24206899

Nice little estate but the mileage record on NCT sheet is very dodgy.
    Switches from KM to miles, back to KM and loses 100k km in the process.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement