Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    OTVkNmI0MGJhYzgxNzQ3NDgzZmQ4YjIzMjg2Zjg3MjjtbD2Dz66HQ0gkuRSHK7c5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzAxODM1MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 Accord 2.2 diesel on the cheap tax (€390)
    NCT until October and taxed until the end of October
    Pics are not great, but surely has to be worth near the asking price of €1,500

What would the fuel efficiency be like on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Should be somewhere in the mid 40's in mpg from what I know of them, or about 6 litres per 100km

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

handofdog wrote: »
    407 post

That looks very tidy. They're not a great seller but theres definitely someone out there for it, start it at €950 on Donedeal (keep it under a grand at least) and you should get interest in it. GLWS

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a3-nct-09-20-tax-05-20-leather-interior/22659435

NmFhNzA4M2MzMmU0M2IyYzVhNjdhOTA0MmZhNzQ4ZTY68ZwW2qHXltNbIfT4ago7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzAyMzA2MTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

06 A3 sportback, more than a years test, tax till May 2020, 1 previous owner (whose had it since 2007), claimed new tyres and recent enough belt and pump

Personally if I had 2k to spend I wouldn't be looking at these, but this seems a very nice example. Dunno about that interior combo though...

MzA5OGZlODlkNjE2MDc5ZWI0NWZlZThkYTQxZWI4MmbnjLwhWcVus21xf803W0qsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzAyMzA2MTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-3-hybrid/22538075

NTZiNmZkYmZkNmUzMDk0MDg1ZGJjMTY3NDgyYTNhMzCHLvjmyV_VxC2UvCS6kucdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk2MjM4NTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 hybrid Civic with a risky 3 months test and plenty of kms (if its gotten this far surely its had a new/recon battery?), €1375

Might be worth 1200 and sticking it through a test to see how you get on. I reckon one of these without a test is worth a grand all day long, delivery drivers love 'em, so if it went tits up in 3 months time you'd surely get most of your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The wood on the A3 is worse than the leather.
    Have the seat plastics been sprayed red too, would make me wonder whether the leather hasn’t been recoloured?

Good spot on the plastics, they look very odd especially with the black lever. Looks like they were available like that though:

$_86.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

This is it wrote: »

In one word, Mulitchronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Squatman

What would the fuel efficiency be like on that?

Max 42, from a long time owner. People might tell you itl get 50, but it wont. 42 easy dreiving. 38 hard driving

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dunno about that interior combo though...

It's absolutely f*cking vile.

• Advertisement

ODhlYjViODgzZDJhMTNlOTk2NWZjMzY1NWFhM2U4ZjjzDdRkONZIZM1PzqkJTqPbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUxODMzMzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1994 "Bug eye" Integra - Just the regular 1.6 engine, not the Vtec but it looks immaculate
    NCT until March 2020 with 134k kms
    €1800
    Not too many of these left now, especially in original condition like this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Good spot on the plastics, they look very odd especially with the black lever. Looks like they were available like that though:

$_86.JPG

Electric seats too, good spec for that car

Around 400 odd left in tax on it too, it's good value of you can live with that interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The A3 in the advert has manual adjustable seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Is that a dealer reg in the window of the integra?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

It appears to be a garage number plate alright. The Integra is a fantastic find and if it is as clean as it looks I would nearly say its steal but I personally wouldn't consider it bangernomics.

To me a bangernomics car is something cheap to buy but fit and ready that you sit into and drive away. If it packs in any time after with something serious that means its not economically viable to rectify then that's unfortunate but so be it, you move on and start again - that was the risk you were willing to take when buying a cheap road ready car. Worst case scenario you end up weighing it in and get a pittance for it. To me that Integra on the other hand is a car I would rather be conserving even if something relatively expensive goes a miss.

Also I would consider that a bangernomics car needs to be a first car daily driver car. Ultimately the name of the game is to save money by running a Bangernomics car and your hardly doing that now if have a Kona daily driver and the Integra as second car on a classic policy.

I have mentioned the same on the thread before and got a backlash for it so am prepared for the same again and yes, yes I know the Integra technically fits in with the Bangernomics rules at the start of the thread.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The A3 in the advert has manual adjustable seats.

My bad, I thought the black dial was the leccy buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Is that a dealer reg in the window of the integra?

it is indeed

It appears to be a garage number plate alright. The Integra is a fantastic find and if it is as clean as it looks I would nearly say its steal but I personally wouldn't consider it bangernomics.

To me a bangernomics car is something cheap to buy but fit and ready that you sit into and drive away. If it packs in any time after with something serious that means its not economically viable to rectify then that's unfortunate but so be it, you move on and start again - that was the risk you were willing to take when buying a cheap road ready car. Worst case scenario you end up weighing it in and get a pittance for it. To me that Integra on the other hand is a car I would rather be conserving even if something relatively expensive goes a miss.

Also I would consider that a bangernomics car needs to be a first car daily driver car. Ultimately the name of the game is to save money by running a Bangernomics car and your hardly doing that now if have a Kona daily driver and the Integra as second car on a classic policy.

I have mentioned the same on the thread before and got a backlash for it so am prepared for the same again and yes, yes I know the Integra technically fits in with the Bangernomics rules at the start of the thread.

While there is a side of me wants to be pedantic and quote the qualifying criteria in the 1st post, you're actually bang on! :D:D:D
    It really doesn't belong in the "Bangernomics" section, but I just threw it in as it ticked all the boxes anyway

YzFmZDU1MDdhYTliZDMxZTViMGI5ZTc4YmRhZWQ2MzQPjM14zTfzxqyOqNQ9x_XaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzAyMzAxNzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Original soft top
    154k miles
    Fresh NCT until July next year
    Taxed until end of Sep
    Lots of work done, and new clutch done a few months ago
    €1250
    I definitely would

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Original soft top
    154k miles
    Fresh NCT until July next year
    Taxed until end of Sep
    Lots of work done, and new clutch done a few months ago
    €1250
    I definitely would
    Advert not available still presumably sold quickly:cool:

• Advertisement

Went quick alright! Thought it would at least get past Sunday :eek:

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Went quick alright! Thought it would at least get past Sunday :eek:

They seem very sought after.
    Whats a 5 door 2.0l diesel like in terms of economy? Are they permanent 4wd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Mid 40's average, 50+ on a run
    Normally FWD unless wheels slip, then the VC locks and drives rear wheels too.

As long as the prop shaft hasn’t been removed.

Mid 40's average, 50+ on a run
    Normally FWD unless wheels slip, then the VC locks and drives rear wheels too.

Thats not bad at all.
    Would make a nice, cheap wagon for my two hounds :D

colm_mcm wrote: »

Better fuel economy dontcha know

For the uninitiated, what is the purpose and end result of that? Assume its a bad thing if looking to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

If you have no compelling need for 4wd then that's probably a smart thing to do with older Freelanders. The VC's can seize over time and if they do, they will take the (very expensive) IRD unit out with them, leaving it undrivable. Of course the clever solution is to simply fit a rebuilt VC in good time, but at this price point it may not make sense.

terrydel wrote: »
    For the uninitiated, what is the purpose and end result of that? Assume its a bad thing if looking to buy one.

It makes it front wheel drive essentially. It was quite common 10 years ago to see them like this so I’d imagine it’s even more prevalent these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Not sure if posted here before but a tidy looking 2008 Alfa 159 diesel with low-ish tax and NCT to April 2020.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-1-9-diesel-high-spec/22514324

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement