Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No nct on it must be something really expensive to fix

Many many expensive things probably

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

grogi wrote: »
    An NCT lift for instance... ?!

Buy it so and let us know how you get on 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24195555

07 golf tsi with 170bhp, looks a decent example. Good blend of performance and running costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

grogi wrote: »
    An NCT lift for instance... ?!

I’m thinking it’s a slightly dubious time to be buying (or selling I suppose).
    If the NCT is due around now, what do you do if selling? Get half an NCT done? Get no NCT done until you can get full test?
    Guessing unscrupulous sellers MIGHT use the current situation as some sort of “get out”
    I dunno. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

07 golf tsi with 170bhp, looks a decent example. Good blend of performance and running costs

Seems appealing as you say, smart looking car. Definitely one for the brave though, they give fantastic amounts of grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-ka-new-nct-02-21-only-49000miles/24324322

NTM3MWYxMjkxOTA3MjViYjYxZmRiZWE5NmYyNTVkOTO9zHAWNVqbaJolcKYhFOjMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI4ODg4NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

New model Ka, 12 months test, 49k miles, €1995

I have no experience of these but I'm guessing they're a huge step up from the old model. Same 1.2 as in the Mk8 Fiesta? Looks like it could be a decent buy for a learner on a bangernomics budget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

New model Ka, 12 months test, 49k miles, €1995

I have no experience of these but I'm guessing they're a huge step up from the old model. Same 1.2 as in the Mk8 Fiesta? Looks like it could be a decent buy for a learner on a bangernomics budget

its the old Fiat 1.2 in them, along with most of the Fiat 500/Panda underpinnings.

A bit more room in the back than a 500, but with less style.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

its the old Fiat 1.2 in them, along with most of the Fiat 500/Panda underpinnings.

A bit more room in the back than a 500, but with less style.

Yes it's a Fiat engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

That Beemer is on done-deal for a good while, I was tempted when he reduced from 1750 to 1550 then he went 1350, 1150, 899 now :) my insurance stopped me from looking at it

Have you gotten insurance quotes ? It’s a two litre petrol ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Taxed, tested, all leather, low mileage estate with nice alloys for under 500 bucks, get a fella out of a jam, proper bangernomics....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-1-8-petrol-taxed-and-nctd/24281060

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

From the same purveyor, one for the ladies, taxed, tested, low miles Merc, under 500 bucks.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-mercedez-a-calss-taxed-and-nctd/24118530

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

From the same purveyor, one for the ladies, taxed, tested, low miles Merc, under 500 bucks.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-mercedez-a-calss-taxed-and-nctd/24118530

Awful yoke

Awful yoke

Better than taking the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

Better than taking the bus.

Have you seen it in the moose test, bus would be safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Have you gotten insurance quotes ? It’s a two litre petrol ...

I did and my insurance was going up by E 400...

Why bother with the negativity?

If you don't like it don't buy it.

It might suit someone looking for a cheap car that's taxed and tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Taxed, tested, all leather, low mileage estate with nice alloys for under 500 bucks, get a fella out of a jam, proper bangernomics....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v50-1-8-petrol-taxed-and-nctd/24281060

Airbag light on so technically unroadworthy - would fail NCT and insurance company would refuse to insure. If you fail to declare when getting a quote they will potentially refuse any future claims, even if totally unrelated. The car may even be an insurance write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Furzy wrote: »
    Airbag light on so technically unroadworthy - would fail NCT and insurance company would refuse to insure. If you fail to declare when getting a quote they will potentially refuse any future claims, even if totally unrelated. The car may even be an insurance write-off.

Could also just be a faulty connector.

Why bother with the negativity?

If you don't like it don't buy it.

It might suit someone looking for a cheap car that's taxed and tested.

I won't....

Was just chatting, wasn't aware that wasn't allowed.

If I had something positive to say about I would but obviously price wise it could of course get someone around cheaply if works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Definitely the worst version of that engine, money pit written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭CoBo55

AHH will ya stop.. I'm driving cars in my own name for the last 30 years and was never asked was the airbag light lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Could also just be a faulty connector.

Ya for me I've a faulty sensor under the seat. I just get my mechanic to reset the fault before NCT.
    It then stays off for 2/3 weeks until I adjust the seat for whatever reason.
    Passed the NCT the last few years doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah. Right.

Given the current situation with cars not tested as they should be your post is just comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ya for me I've a faulty sensor under the seat. I just get my mechanic to reset the fault before NCT.
    It then stays off for 2/3 weeks until I adjust the seat for whatever reason.
    Passed the NCT the last few years doing this.

Would be easier to just change the connector tbh.

Unless your mechanic is not capable of it and is just error read/delete type.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

wonski wrote: »
    Would be easier to just change the connector tbh.

Unless your mechanic is not capable of it and is just error read/delete type.

This way is cheaper and just do it once a year. Takes 2min. Call into him on the way to test.
    If it was a newer car I would but getting rid of it this year. Nearly 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ah the famous elk test. Over 20 years ago and still seared into the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

I'm on the look out for an estate to pull a small trailer now and again. The daily commute is under 30 miles round trip but don't want to be paying crazy tax, as in over 700. Any suggestions much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

jfh wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for an estate to pull a small trailer now and again. The daily commute is under 30 miles round trip but don't want to be paying crazy tax, as in over 700. Any suggestions much appreciated

These are very good at towing.
    I've brought 800kg of lambs in a 12x6 cattle box behind mine, and it hardly knew it was there. 1st gear a bit high if such loads were to be a regular feature, however.
    No tow bar fitted, so you'd have to find one and get the socket wired up

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-2-0-d4d/24302924

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement