Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, those and Megane IIIs. Both very decent upper budget bangernomics options IMO.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-carina/24458211

MTgyMmJmZTQ1YTE5ODM4YjhiYWNkYzJmMjZkOTg0OWGaAewsGDBD3UexONbZRcLGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQwNDIxMjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

93 Carina with test til October, €500

1.6 Liam Byrne engined, what more could a man want?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1997/24421344

ODZkNWIzOWQxMWY5MDY2NzAwYmQzNDcyNTY1MzliMGHjl31B2IcC_uHFN39SK4QJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM2OTU3NDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Better yet! e11 estate with test til November, €350

I'm glad this is on the wrong side of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's how much it cost a 17 year old with no experience at the time...and I needed a car.

Sure 19 years ago it was £4800 for a 17yo on a first provisional for a 1998 1.2 Punto with Quinn.

Madness.

I kept to the bus for a while longer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-brera-2-2-jts-2007/24457830

ODk4NDgyOWY1ZDAzNzNlYTcyYzNhOWY0ZTllZTE5NmE_5LCYuBOdBKHOSlZTawxGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQwMzc4NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2.2 Brera with a risky 3 months test, and tax til May - €1500

Details are scant, cool car for the money if it checks out okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

93 Carina with test til October, €500

1.6 Liam Byrne engined, what more could a man want?

A bare foot climb of croagh Patrick would seem like a luxury Spa weekend after driving that for a week. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A bare foot climb of croagh Patrick would seem like a luxury Spa weekend after driving that for a week. ;-)

That's dangerous talk around here.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Exactly, Cars have come on a long way from boggo spec Toyotas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Nj-Uz-Mm-E4-YTkz-NGM1-Mz-Yz-Nm-Y5-Nj-A4-YTk2-Mjdi-OWZi-MDE8-Z7-Gn-ZTQFe-Gh-Wnnq-A1-KR.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-toyota-avensis/24453837

TD avensis
    Looks clean and well minded
    Tested till the end May and a few days tax left.
    Asking 500

It could actually be worth more than 500 for export, they hit 650 with some crowds a month or two ago but the coronavirus might have stalled things.

The hubcaps are worth at least €40 too cos they are legends of the agri scene nearly on par with the fabled 5x100 tsw stealth.

Either way a man would do well lose out buying this if a simple and economical runabout was the order of the day.

Was looking at that this morning, a nice looking example

• Advertisement

In other bangernomics news I’ve just picked up another Yaris from another convent. 02 with 60k, full tank etc. Am I wasting my time with these or what?

Would anyone here have any use for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

€50 offered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

In other bangernomics news I’ve just picked up another Yaris from another convent. 02 with 60k, full tank etc. Am I wasting my time with these or what?

Would anyone here have any use for it?

What kind of money will it sell for?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

€50 offered :pac:

I was a little bit more generous than that!

I also took a 04 Corolla hatch too, also on 60k but a rough example. Just tested too so I will post it here shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yaris would prob make €500 tops.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yaris would prob make €500 tops.

Coronavirus or not I'd say you'd have the hand taken off you if you offered 500 euro for it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Coronavirus or not I'd say you'd have the hand taken off you if you offered 500 euro for it.

If it’s a very clean one it will sell no problem.

Nuns usually have awful taste in colour for cars though. It’s probably turquoise or navy blue.

Nuns usually have awful taste in colour for cars though. It’s probably turquoise or navy blue.

It’s red, the Corolla is a miserable green though

We used to call it venereal green.

Think the real name was Vernal green

(Actually that generation Corolla was Oasis Green)

Red Yaris will sell no bother, prob the easiest to sell as long as it’s not peeling.

In the current climate Colm there are going to be very few people purchasing cars for quite some time, I'd say prices will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say every Toyota dealer in the land must have longed for the days when the clergy fleet were upgraded. Those days are well gone now though.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say every Toyota dealer in the land must have longed for the days when the clergy fleet were upgraded. Those days are well gone now though.

I loved dealing with them, they were always respectful and pleasant.

bazz26 wrote: »

They are still buying, just not new. We have sold plenty of Jap imports, and today this convent bought two 2017 Suzuki Celerios.

I loved dealing with them, they were always respectful and pleasant.

They are lovely.

It’s great when they ask for delivery too, because you always inevitably get invited in for tea and cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I suppose they want to keep up the smoke screen that they are on hard times and need the money.... Yet they have huge hoards of money and land and haven't contributed to what they were to for all that diabolical treatment of the Irish people.

I suppose they want to keep up the smoke screen that they are on hard times and need the money.... Yet they have huge hoards of money and land and haven't contributed to what they were to for all that diabolical treatment of the Irish people.

This is not the place for this discussion, so apologies, but keep in mind there’s nearly 200 different religious orders in Ireland, and there was what, 20 involved in the redress scheme? Lots of very genuine and hardworking orders out there too, but they don’t make for good headlines I suppose

Yaris:

49666642843_05896ac32c_z.jpg

49667185776_47f33a9097_z.jpg

Very clean and straight all round. No peeling, the odd very slight mark but nothing at all worth noting. Drives A1 and has a stack of history

49667186121_5ce6c9f917_z.jpg

49667467617_d8ab2844aa_z.jpg

Again, drives A1. Not even 1k miles done in the last 12 months. The photos don't show but its a rough old thing, plenty of scratches and scuffs on all 4 corners. Passenger wing has been rubbed off something. I should mention its actually going for a lift inspection on Wednesday, will have a full years test.

If anyone is interested in either as cheap runarounds, do feel free to drop me a PM.

Is that a virginal rear valance on the Yaris?

This is not the place for this discussion, so apologies, but keep in mind there’s nearly 200 different religious orders in Ireland, and there was what, 20 involved in the redress scheme? Lots of very genuine and hardworking orders out there too, but they don’t make for good headlines I suppose

This whole place is a discussion forum, if you have a problem with a post contact a mod.

• Advertisement

You’re in the buying section of the motors forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement