Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

This whole place is a discussion forum, if you have a problem with a post contact a mod.

So why have different threads then for different subject's? This one is a vehicle thread, specifically bangernomic's as the headline state's....I'm sure that there is a Catholic Church banging thread some where too...have look around., and indulge yourself to your heart's content.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that a virginal rear valance on the Yaris?

Hard to believe, I know!

Only let down are the non-original hubcaps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’re in the buying section of the motors forum.

Responding to a poster who is telling another poster he is breaking rules and not to do it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

jmreire wrote: »

So why have different threads then for different subject's? This one is a vehicle thread, specifically bangernomic's as the headline state's....I'm sure that there is a Catholic Church banging thread some where too...have look around., and indulge yourself to your heart's content.

I'm not against the Catholic Church.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Responding to a poster who is telling another poster he is breaking rules and not to do it.

When I said "this is not the place..." I meant that it isn't the place for me to be discussing/responding to such matters. Don't worry though, I've given myself a slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hard to believe, I know!

Only let down are the non-original hubcaps

I thought I had gotten one, again a 00 red Yaris, first time she tipped something all the filler cracked up!

When I said "this is not the place..." I meant that it isn't the place for me to be discussing/responding to such matters. Don't worry though, I've given myself a slap on the wrist.

Don't beat yourself up Duke, I'm not worried.

You're in the business of selling secondhand cars, some of us are looking to buy.

Without the each other there would be little business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ah lads, back to bangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Drove one of these 1.6 petrol Passat recently. Was dead enough but this one is a clean respectable car.

NjIzZDQ3ZDk4NzA1ZWI5NzM4MGFiZjA1YmQ4ZTU5MjLZOYhiFFHxRHf4xxNhx4avaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM5MjE0MjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-vw-passat-new-nct-low-mileage/24444565?campaign=3

T.

Rav4 in Kerry, fresh NCT. 3 corners look well scuffed.

ZWJiNzU0ZGRjMDg2NGJlMDBlYjFlNzYxMjRhODZhMWIjS65YNqhzV5TR2mTVwveJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDEyODAxMTF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-rav-4-d4d-2-0-4x4-new-nct-02-2021/24130149

T.

• Advertisement

Been looking at a few of them lately and they are appealing. I take it you wouldn’t be towing much more than a trailer to the tip with one though?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They’re a pox of a yoke. 1.8 FWD all the way if you’re looking at a RAV4

If you need the 4wd then fair enough, the petrol is infinitely less likely to do you wrong.

15 year old Corolla taxed, tested and fsh with only getting warmed up mileage for 750 euro.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-test-and-tax/24440508

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

TigerTim wrote: »
    Rav4 in Kerry, fresh NCT. 3 corners look well scuffed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-rav-4-d4d-2-0-4x4-new-nct-02-2021/24130149

T.

Not that there is anything mad amazing about them, but these are one yoke I always wanted to try, but I test drove one a few years ago and took it on a simple back road to see what the comfort level was like and it was all over the place!!

Never bothered try one again, but are they that rough a ride on B roads, or did I test drive an absolute wreck? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Not that there is anything mad amazing about them, but these are one yoke I always wanted to try, but I test drove one a few years ago and took it on a simple back road to see what the comfort level was like and it was all over the place!!

Never bothered try one again, but are they that rough a ride on B roads, or did I test drive an absolute wreck? :D

Test drove one a few weeks ago.
    Same sensation.
    I found sense and bought another estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

15 year old Corolla taxed, tested and fsh with only getting warmed up mileage for 750 euro.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-test-and-tax/24440508

Ready to roll, tow bar and all !!!, friend of mine has one , 1995, 380'000 Miles, going like Swiss clock. Great car. ;)

Clean looking 2005 BMW 1 series with owner's castle in the background, NCT end Sept 2020.

YjAwMGVlYmFkMjYzYjFjYjg0ODc5MTU1OWZhYTU4ZWU2hAWmMuRvGmADZt4kEsVdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM5MzAyNDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-1-series-5-door-very-low-kms-nct-superb/24443460

T.

Misery motoring but cheap car for someone. 2004 Kia Picanto, NCT 09/20, €900. Would need to be a bit less.

MzM1NWM0NDdlOTAxZDJjYzg1NzM5OTZmMTQwNjIxZTZeb3ORtfmbiW9KkDsGttnSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA4MjE0NjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-picanto-2004-nct-09-20/24072263

T.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

TigerTim wrote: »
    Clean looking 2005 BMW 1 series with owner's castle in the background, NCT end Sept 2020.

YjAwMGVlYmFkMjYzYjFjYjg0ODc5MTU1OWZhYTU4ZWU2hAWmMuRvGmADZt4kEsVdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM5MzAyNDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-1-series-5-door-very-low-kms-nct-superb/24443460

T.

Why does someone say 'very low mileage' when it has 162,400 km. How is that very low mileage? It is an average of over 10 thousand km per year. To me a low mileage car has less than 50,000 km after ten years.

I think most cars tend to 50% or more of the miles they ever do in the first 5 years of their life. Now I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Simple really. It's low for a 15 year old car.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

bazz26 wrote: »
    Simple really. It's low for a 15 year old car.

But I do not think it is. For most cars, it is more than they ever do. I used to have a 30 year old car that had a genuine mileage of 90,000 miles and many 30 year old cars have similar mileage.

People stop driving them when they clock over the 100 k. First owner does 20 k for the first 3 years, then 2nd owner then does 10 k for the next 3. After that, it is less than 5k per year, as those that do high mileage drive newer cars, as they do not like breakdowns or big unexpected bills or long spells on the side of the road waiting for the breakdown truck.

I think your really over analyzing this than most people would. If it's below the average then it's deemed low. At the end of the day it's a 15 year old car for bangernomics money and below average mileage is seen as a plus point in a seller's mind and probably a good few buyers too. If you are going to scrutinize every little thing on a car of that age and price point then you would end up buying nothing.

I think your really over analyzing this than most people would. If it's below the average then it's deemed low. At the end of the day it's a 15 year old car for bangernomics money and below average mileage is seen as a plus point in a seller's mind and probably a good few buyers too. If you are going to scrutinize every little thing on a car of that age and price point then you would end up buying nothing.

Hello?

Mileage is a bit more important than a scrape on the side of one back bumper.

The mileage on that car is not low mileage for the year or price.

I think your really over analyzing this than most people would. If it's below the average then it's deemed low.

There is relative mileage - compared to other cars of that age.

Then there is absolute mileage - at the mileage that would mean there would be major work - like timing belt, discs, clutch, gearbox, cv joints. I think that 100k miles, 160k km is above that figure. A car that requires, or could require, heavy maintenance is not a low mileage one, and certainly not 'very' low mileage.

[/B]

Hello?

Mileage is a bit more important than a scrape on the side of one back bumper.

The mileage on that car is not low mileage for the year or price.

Hello too?

162k km is 100k miles which is low mileage on a 15 year old car. What do you deem as average or low mileage for a 15 year old car?

There is relative mileage - compared to other cars of that age.

Then there is absolute mileage - at the mileage that would mean there would be major work - like timing belt, discs, clutch, gearbox, cv joints. I think that 100k miles, 160k km is above that figure. A car that requires, or could require, heavy maintenance is not a low mileage one, and certainly not 'very' low mileage.

So how many genuine 15 year old cars out there would have less than 100k miles on them?

You also seem to be assuming that mileage is a direct measure of usage and maintenance. It's not that simple. A car driven up and down the motorway every day may still be on some of it's original suspension bits or clutch over a granny grinding gears driving two miles down a pothole ridden road to the shops once a week. The granny may also have only got the oil changed once or twice in that life time too.

People put too much emphases on mileage and I can see why clocking is big business.

Hello too?

162k km is 100k miles which is low mileage on a 15 year old car. What do you deem as average or low mileage for a 15 year old car?

There is no opinion on average, if you would like to find out what is low, it's below average, usually well below average.

Anymore questions feel free to google away to your hearts content.

Lol, I thought as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

This place would melt your head sometimes

I'm inclined to agree....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement