Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ah in fairness, yer man is much better than Bob Flavin.

Not much going on since quarantine so I watched the whole thing. I like his style and I do like the car. The car is actually a bit haggard with the rusty arches, bumper scuffs, cracked windshield etc which takes away from the pitch as it isn't mint and you're paying mint condition money.

I'd say that car is standing them €250 max. There'll probably be more profit in that yoke than half the retail stuff on the forecourt.

In my experience there is often a lot of wiggle room when buying stuff like that from main dealers, they tend to be happy with the first half decent offer put to them.

It certainly isn't the mint tidy example that you'd hope for, in fact I'd say he has done himself a disservice with the video, but he's trying something different and you can understand what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

He says they don't make big cars like it anymore???? Eh the Camry !!!!

"Its not even high end luxury: its luxury from aToyota point of view"

That's brilliant honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your man has bit of a silver tongue about him....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

He says they don't make big cars like it anymore???? Eh the Camry !!!!
    I took that to mean that they don't make them like they used to sort thing.

No doubt a lot of merit in what he's saying but it would be difficult to take whatever pitch he would use to try to shift one of them Mercedes to someone who saw that video after some of his commentary there....Which at the end of the day surely must be his bread and butter rather than sub €2k sold as seen Toyota's.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I took that to mean that they don't make them like they used to sort thing.

No doubt a lot of merit in what he's saying but it would be difficult to take whatever pitch he would use to try to shift one of them Mercedes to someone who saw that video after some of his commentary there....Which at the end of the day surely must be his bread and butter rather than sub €2k sold as seen Toyota's.

It's funny you should say tat. This was exactly what was going through my mind listening to him.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-renault-fluence-1-5-dci/24564566?campaign=3

ZjIxOGExYzJjMjhiMmVlNTFlMGJjZjI4MjliZmZjMWRGTsZRCi1S9QowoC8NELVmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUwOTI4OTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking Fluence with a years test for €1950

Reasonable spec and all

Can't see any discussion anywhere about this... how is the market doing right now?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-renault-fluence-1-5-dci/24564566?campaign=3

ZjIxOGExYzJjMjhiMmVlNTFlMGJjZjI4MjliZmZjMWRGTsZRCi1S9QowoC8NELVmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUwOTI4OTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking Fluence with a years test for €1950

Reasonable spec and all

I posted that a few pages back. :P. It was being sold @ 2250 by Brendan also in Mayo a few weeks prior to Amy. :pac:

bazz26 wrote: »
    I posted that a few pages back. :P. It was being sold @ 2250 by Brendan also in Mayo a few weeks prior to Amy. :pac:

Same person trying to sell or it's dodgy and buyers remorse?

bazz26 wrote: »

Just after I posted it I thought it looked familiar!

• Advertisement

could still be an honest car even if the seller isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Here are a couple of convertibles for the summer.

Both look well minded, and the Merc in particular smacks of a genuine owner.

Audi A4 2006 108 Petrol cabriolet covertible

2000 Mercedes SLK 200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

aw wrote: »
    Here are a couple of convertibles for the summer.

Both look well minded, and the Merc in particular smacks of a genuine owner.

Audi A4 2006 108 Petrol cabriolet covertible

2000 Mercedes SLK 200

If only we a) got a summer and b) were allowed out to drive them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

terrydel wrote: »
    If only we a) got a summer and b) were allowed out to drive them! :D

Does the dag come with the car? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Does the dag come with the car? :pac:

Nope !

'The dag' is getting a Subaru Forester ( read the ad :D ). Dag has given driver the job of getting shut of the present 20 yo banger which is almost out of tax.

Reckon 'the dag' is a pretty sharp operator

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Its probably on for not too bad a price all the same if it all checks out. Probably not the most desirable colour in them but hardly overly offensive either. I do love an ad that lists out the good points and more importantly the bad points - more sellers should do that.

0lddog wrote: »
    Nope !

'The dag' is getting a Subaru Forester ( read the ad :D ). Dag has given driver the job of getting shut of the present 20 yo banger which is almost out of tax.

Reckon 'the dag' is a pretty sharp operator

:p

Its a good honest ad really, especially for a dog!

terrydel wrote: »
    Its a good honest ad really, especially for a dog!

I'm sensing that you think dogs are not usually honest.

Thats a mistake. I bet you were thinking of cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

that is a nice subaru!

Yes, if only it wasnt a :eek: Diesel :eek: Subaru

I've two dogs, and they'd have the eyes out of your head!
    Ah no, they are the most loyal, trustworthy hounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

That footwell in picture 10 looks like it has seen more than 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Yes, if only it wasnt a :eek: Diesel :eek: Subaru

Yeah, my buddies well maintained immaculate 09 Forester just went bang with no warning. Crankshaft. Big gamble with them Subaru diesels

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

TigerTim wrote: »
    Yeah, my buddies well maintained immaculate 09 Forester just went bang with no warning. Crankshaft. Big gamble with them Subaru diesels

T.

That's not quite true, they do give warning but people turn a deaf ear. It starts with the dmf failing and turning itself into a solid flywheel, the extra vibration causes excessive wear on the rear main bearing..... Goodnight Dick after that, the failure can be quite spectacular!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

kalkat2002 wrote: »

Looks in great nick. At that price, you could pick it up and just leave it sitting up till the couple of bad winter months and effectively have a 4x4 on tap if you get bad weather or a bad snow. 3 months tax at a time and then declare it off the road.

Get some money off and more the better. Just keep an ear out for the warning signs as another poster mentioned

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is200-black-petrol/24592245

YWZjZGU0M2NiNzQ2NWFlZDQyMmVmNzQyZTE2MDI4ZTICCDRkH5xTXw3PG0lcP_RoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyODQ5MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Manual IS200 with nice spec, NCT til February 2021 and tax til May, €1950

Bit pricey but looks really nice. Same owner for the last 6 years and claimed history

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-2002/24585702

MGNkN2Y2MjVhMzgzY2MyMTk2ZGM2ZGU1NWVjNzQ3ZWa5VeOE2s2eP8DqDxclVl9HaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyMzQ0NTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

OTIyYTliNzBhYzc0NjIxMTY3YjI2YWZjMGMwZmNlNTXejFOQ74nm1fb9eqy9fP04aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyMzQ0NjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til January 2021, claims of new tyres and recent service, same owner since 2005, €950

This looks really nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement