Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That Saab is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

0lddog wrote: »
    Never used anything other than water. Iron-X claims are impressive :), is the liquid foam something like Mr Muscle oven cleaner ? ( Not sure about Jif - to many hard to get to corners in the detail ? )

Thanks all, sorry for taking the thread O/T

Jif works great for tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-2002/24585702

MGNkN2Y2MjVhMzgzY2MyMTk2ZGM2ZGU1NWVjNzQ3ZWa5VeOE2s2eP8DqDxclVl9HaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyMzQ0NTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

OTIyYTliNzBhYzc0NjIxMTY3YjI2YWZjMGMwZmNlNTXejFOQ74nm1fb9eqy9fP04aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyMzQ0NjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til January 2021, claims of new tyres and recent service, same owner since 2005, €950

This looks really nice.

Those steering wheel covers always reminded me of taxi drivers..... had one myself way back when

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno how people can drive comfortably with those yokes cutting into their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is200-black-petrol/24592245

YWZjZGU0M2NiNzQ2NWFlZDQyMmVmNzQyZTE2MDI4ZTICCDRkH5xTXw3PG0lcP_RoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyODQ5MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Manual IS200 with nice spec, NCT til February 2021 and tax til May, €1950

Bit pricey but looks really nice. Same owner for the last 6 years and claimed history

A very rare sight on the roads these days. I always liked the look of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

That Lexus looks like it has the factory fitted sat-nav as well. I have had 2 Is200 and they are lovely cars but my god they dont half like their Juice ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is200-black-petrol/24592245

YWZjZGU0M2NiNzQ2NWFlZDQyMmVmNzQyZTE2MDI4ZTICCDRkH5xTXw3PG0lcP_RoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUyODQ5MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Manual IS200 with nice spec, NCT til February 2021 and tax til May, €1950

Bit pricey but looks really nice. Same owner for the last 6 years and claimed history

Honest enough ad too. Looks like it could be a nice buy if you can insure it. Could be an issue for some prospective buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Why are those engines so thirsty? I've never quite understood that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think the straight six does them no favours.

I had heard the IS200 described years ago as "1.0 performance, 2.0 tax, 3.0 fuel consumption".

Thst one does look lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think the straight six does them no favours.

I had heard the IS200 described years ago as "1.0 performance, 2.0 tax, 3.0 fuel consumption".

Thst one does look lovely.

Had a friend that owned one and no matter how much he tried, 20mpg was his aim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

High mileage Laguna 3 with 4 months NCT:

NzRiMTgzMzZmMDM5YWM1N2FiNTkzY2Y1YzI5YjZlM2Y3dK6tkxoaNuW-J8Cwmoj4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUxNDc4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-renault-laguna-2ltr-diesel/245731

Worth a punt at 1k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

bazz26 wrote: »
    High mileage Laguna 3 with 4 months NCT:

NzRiMTgzMzZmMDM5YWM1N2FiNTkzY2Y1YzI5YjZlM2Y3dK6tkxoaNuW-J8Cwmoj4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUxNDc4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-renault-laguna-2ltr-diesel/245731

Worth a punt at 1k?

Still a fairly fresh looking car, a taxi driver I know of had one, he worked in Dublin and lived in Laois, never any major bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Short nct alfa romeo

http://www.adverts.ie/20129122

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-150bhp-convertible-nct-05-21/24419319?campaign=3

NjQxZTVhNTJmZDRkYTMwZTkzYTU1MzhmOGQwODVhZWUxiwAxTbcIt0hdPnOkVwhgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM4NTc3ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

9-3 1.8t convertible with a years NCT for €1950

2 owners, original Irish, reasonable miles and claimed full history etc. Could be a nice buy, provided we actually get a chance to enjoy this weather at some stage this year

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs300-tax-amp-nct/24599870

MDEzMDJiNTMxZTVjNDIzMzFlYWVjMWJhZjc1YWE0MTT3BtxNT0BOYNe8gi_9D-6waHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUzNDQyMjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til September, tax til July, same owner since 2009, nice plate, €2k

I would be willing to bet that this is a total gem. Always the case when someone has over mats protecting the floor mats!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-jimny/24598833

MDlmN2UwZGVmMDUxZWM3MmVmNGZkNzI5MGQxZGMzNDHWE9j45aSgf9WnxiknWJ8haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUzMzcwMjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 07 Jimny with NCT til January 2021 and a bit of tax, €1950

For the same money you could have the big, comfy leather-clad Lexus above, but different strokes for different folks and all that. I think this looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs300-tax-amp-nct/24599870

MDEzMDJiNTMxZTVjNDIzMzFlYWVjMWJhZjc1YWE0MTT3BtxNT0BOYNe8gi_9D-6waHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUzNDQyMjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til September, tax til July, same owner since 2009, nice plate, €2k

I would be willing to bet that this is a total gem. Always the case when someone has over mats protecting the floor mats!
    Looks like it was smoked in a bit, fag burns on A pillar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I once bought a smokers car. Jesus it was bad, the smell for weeks after I bought it may even have been a few months but it was a local and cheap banger to do me for a while which is why I bought it in the first place. But yea I said never again.

I'd say this person never cracked the window to let the smoke out as it was pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-jimny/24598833

MDlmN2UwZGVmMDUxZWM3MmVmNGZkNzI5MGQxZGMzNDHWE9j45aSgf9WnxiknWJ8haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDUzMzcwMjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking 07 Jimny with NCT til January 2021 and a bit of tax, €1950

For the same money you could have the big, comfy leather-clad Lexus above, but different strokes for different folks and all that. I think this looks class

To be honest I think 2 grand for either of those last three you listed is way too much.

The Saab looks the best value of the three to me but still overpriced.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

And hey Duke, it's not because I don't have two pennies to rub together.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Looks like it was smoked in a bit, fag burns on A pillar

I don't know, those marks just look like typical wear that you'd see on trim pieces (especially beige) but maybe I'm wrong.

The magic tree might be an indicator though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

To be honest I think 2 grand for either of those last three you listed is way too much.

Id have the Saab as the worst value personally.

2k for the lexus with the bit of tax and where the seller specifically states they're willing to negotiate on price is most definitely not way too much.

Id have the Saab as the worst value personally.

2k for the lexus with the bit of tax and where the seller specifically states they're willing to negotiate on price is most definitely not way too much.

FSH and overall condition is a big plus for the Saab, the eventual cost of tax on the Lexus and the high mileage makes it an expensive buy.

But to each their own, if we all thought the same it would be a boring world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I guess you don't follow Jimny prices much - 2k for a clean looking 07 vehicle is actually a very good price if its as good as it looks in the photos. Probably a little wiggle room too (ONO). :)

Top Dog wrote: »
    I guess you don't follow Jimny prices much - 2k for a clean looking 07 vehicle is actually a very good price if its as good as it looks in the photos. Probably a little wiggle room too (ONO). :)

Yep, you guessed right, I don't follow Suzuki Jimmy prices much, you're actually dead right there. I've driven a few though.

It is not a clean looking example by any stretch of the imagination, there appears to be rust on the passenger side seat rail which is highly unusual and might suggest the snorkel exhaust was installed for a particular purpose.

I would imagine that anyone who would go to the bother and the expense of installing a snorkel type exhaust would have been travelling through rivers or streams on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Yep, you guessed right, I don't follow Suzuki Jimmy prices much, you're actually dead right there. I've driven a few though.

It is not a clean looking example by any stretch of the imagination, there appears to be rust on the passenger side seat rail which is highly unusual and might suggest the snorkel exhaust was installed for a particular purpose.

I would imagine that anyone who would go to the bother and the expense of installing a snorkel type exhaust would have been travelling through rivers or streams on a regular basis.

That's not what snorkels are actually for. They are mainly to avoid the engine drawing in the dusty air from around the front of the car on unmade tracks. If you are driving in water where you need to have the air being drawn in above the windscreen, you have significantly more problems that will be solved by a snorkel.

But usually it's just cosmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They are used for both getting clean air away from dust and also for driving through water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You would also imagine someone waxing lyrical about the particular uses of a snorkel would know it's an intake, not an exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

You would also imagine someone waxing lyrical about the particular uses of a snorkel would know it's an intake, not an exhaust.

Ouch!

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Ouch!

Everyday's a school day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement