Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Short nct alfa romeo

http://www.adverts.ie/20129122

Why would you go to the bother of keeping the reg out of the pics and then post pics of the discs with the reg?

IMO, the seller has a little something to hide but forgot the reg is on the discs. There is no way you take a pic of the front of a car like that and hide the reg if you're not being a little deceptive. Same with the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

GavMan wrote: »
    Why would you go to the bother of keeping the reg out of the pics and then post pics of the discs with the reg?

IMO, the seller has a little something to hide but forgot the reg is on the discs. There is no way you take a pic of the front of a car like that and hide the reg if you're not being a little deceptive. Same with the rear.

As someone said, the rip in the driver's seat is suspicious.

Is there an alignment problem with bottom front corner of the driver's door?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Space Star should have been killed off at launch!

What’s interesting is that regular door handles aren’t any more complex and can’t be more expensive to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Space Star should have been killed off at launch!

What’s interesting is that regular door handles aren’t any more complex and can’t be more expensive to make.

It's to do with aerodynamics and the drag coefficient.

Pull door handles are designed to be streamlined, the old type creat turbulence, causing more drag

New Suzuki Jimny has old type handles too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

colm_mcm wrote: »
    New Suzuki Jimny has old type handles too.

Great for putting dog sh1t up into them.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Not sure if already posted
    Cheap 08 renault laguna
    http://www.adverts.ie/20157956

It's honestly a bit cheap but then it is 12 years old.... I wonder will we start to see a fall in price of the premium price 2008s

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

They're getting close but all pretty high milers. I think anything you'd want to buy with decent service history will keep out of touch for a while yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Peter T wrote: »
    Ya not coming here. Dont think there is a diesel option so wouldnt sell great here I'd think. Its a pitty, I like the look of them

Think the latest Jimny is being pulled in Europe due to its current engines not meeting the latest requirements or the new real world fuel economy. I believe it will be reintroduced with new engine options.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-200/24637225

ZjE4YzNhYjFjM2MxYmNlZTM0NDNkY2ZjMTJjMGI1ZDjxKTK5fibINKBG9aM9T1G1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU1ODkwMjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MWEwOGFkNTVjN2UwZDhhMmNmZjk3ZmExYmE4NTM4MzSPd9ca4qRtdkwM8rTZDXUTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU1ODkwMzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til January 2021, full history, nice spec, €1750

This had 1 owner until January this year. Bit pricey but I would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

Is200 looks mint, I would too.
    But I know I'd regret it in a few weeks with poor performance and sub 20 mpg .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, there is plenty better out there - but I keep saying it, there's something very appealing about a nice example of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Yeah, there is plenty better out there - but I keep saying it, there's something very appealing about a nice example of one.

They're just a lovely design of a car. Sleek yet angular design that has aged well and a nice driver orientated layout with good handling characteristics as long as the suspension isn't overly tired.

The engine isn't really all bad either they're absolute alcoholics yes and under powered compared to other straight sixes but they rev freely enough and make a decent sound as long as they're not straight piped and they can handle an unmerciful amount of abuse.

In a similar vein I know they get a bad rap but for their era a well sorted altezza is a very very good car from a jack of all trades perspective.

The autobox makes them slower and harder on juice.
    I must say that a Sport Design in auto is quite pleasant though.

Being an auto, it hasn’t got 27 owners and a square rear plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Bazz what was that all about ?? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

bazz26 wrote: »

The cc based tax on that is over €900, €390 is some saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

bazz26 wrote: »

Mikey isn't too pushed about the Female Car buyer it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

E30i wrote: »
    Mikey isn't too pushed about the Female Car buyer it seems.

Is it me or do those Tyres / wheels looks small under those arches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

After reading descriptions like that on Done deal you realise maybe we aren't all the same...

Volvo s60 with nct just out
    http://www.adverts.ie/20178252

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Volvo s60 with nct just out
    http://www.adverts.ie/20178252

Needs valid NCT though to be in here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Needs valid NCT though to be in here

How does that work if all the NCT centres are locked down?

My NCT is out the beginning of next month and I do not know what the position is.

My NCT is out the beginning of next month and I do not know what the position is.

I wouldn't be purchasing without unless one has a trailer or tow truck as it's illegal to use on the road, was just stating thems the rules on this thread......

They will reopen as they will have to as it's a major safety issue.

My fault!!!
    Being fair on the volvo nct expiry date ( 13th march ) the nct centres were still open

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Check gov.ie . A 4 month ext. on driver licences, nct , etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

NCT were officially suspended on the 28th of March, link below to one source I could find, so anything with an NCT after then is ok to drive.
    If the NCT was up before then, officially probably not ok, hard to know what guards will do and will depend on how far gone it was, given there was already a backlog on the NCT there may be some leniency.

In terms of insurance, was just looking at buying car with NCT out on 29th Mar and insurance said yeah no problem transferring over you would be insured.

https://www.rsa.ie/en/Utility/News/2020/Statement-from-the-Minister-of-Transport-Tourism-and-Sport-Shane-Ross-and-the-Road-Safety-Authority-RSA-in-relation-to-the-National-Driver-Licence-Service-NDLS-the-National-Car-Testing-Service-NCT/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

cruizer101 wrote: »
    NCT were officially suspended on the 28th of March, link below to one source I could find, so anything with an NCT after then is ok to drive.
    If the NCT was up before then, officially probably not ok, hard to know what guards will do and will depend on how far gone it was, given there was already a backlog on the NCT there may be some leniency.

In terms of insurance, was just looking at buying car with NCT out on 29th Mar and insurance said yeah no problem transferring over you would be insured.

https://www.rsa.ie/en/Utility/News/2020/Statement-from-the-Minister-of-Transport-Tourism-and-Sport-Shane-Ross-and-the-Road-Safety-Authority-RSA-in-relation-to-the-National-Driver-Licence-Service-NDLS-the-National-Car-Testing-Service-NCT/

This information is incorrect. My car hasn't got a valid cert.It was tested before march 28, passed but they couldn't do the lift test,yet it's still legal to drive. It's a complete clusterfuk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement