Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

FrankC21 wrote: »
    I remember when I bought my fiesta of Donedeal last march asking price was €2500 from a semi-dealer and he drove all the way from Clondalkin to Dun Laoghaire - I managed to get the price down to €2000, and few months after that, I heard the man that sold me the fiesta got charged for selling another car that got involved in a car accident without informing the buyer.

Walter Mitty still going on about that f**king Fiesta!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

FrankC21 wrote:
    What you guys think? I'm gonna look at this car next week as it's locally near me also thinking of trading my ford fiesta for it.

FrankC21 wrote:
    Renault Laguna 1.5 - 2009 NCT - 11/20 162,500 miles Asking Price: €1,950

I bought an 08 estate version in 18, similar mileage. Hasn't let me down and comfortable. As a commuter I'm getting nearly 47mpg. So far just regular servicing! Hope that's helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-rover-75/24815024

MzgwNzI4NzZjYmJmNTZiZTczMWQ4MGE5MjczMGUyZjjNBCJBF-DfMk9JCVVWx755aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4MjU1OTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NDNhMTE4M2IyMzNjOTg2MDNmN2U4MDc2OTAxNjYwZTRzOhX1fbLkeOa8jRZGH__EaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4MjU2MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Doom blue Rover 75 with test til August, €450

Late one too being an 06. Looks a bit tired, but I'd drive it!

Also, if you put the reg into the NCT website, it lists a due date in December. Covid extension presumably

If the 'timings bells' breaks, the seller has a recovery truck to sort you out. You cannot lose! :-)

Just checked our Alfa on the NCT site and they've pushed the expiry out to September. Be nice if they sent us a cert to that effect though.

And really, at this stage they should give passes to cars they didnt certify due to the ramp issue. That shambles is just criminal at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just checked our Alfa on the NCT site and they've pushed the expiry out to September. Be nice if they sent us a cert to that effect though.

It's plastered all over the NCT website and the news - all NCT certs extended for 4 months
    No, a new certificate will not be issued. An Garda Síochána will be aware that all NCT certificates with an expiry date on or after 28 March 2020 are valid for 4 months after the expiry date printed on the windscreen disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I remember when I bought my fiesta of Donedeal last march asking price was €2500 from a semi-dealer and he drove all the way from Clondalkin to Dun Laoghaire - I managed to get the price down to €2000, and few months after that, I heard the man that sold me the fiesta got charged for selling another car that got involved in a car accident without informing the buyer.

Remember that it's easy to knock off a chunk of money from the asking price when the asking price is inflated to begin with. A 2008 Fiesta was never worth 2500 to begin with.

That Laguna has a big rusty hitch on it so make sure that the clutch are gearbox are working perfectly as that 1.5 diesel engine has enough to do pulling that Laguna around by itself, not to mind a trailer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It's plastered all over the NCT website and the news - all NCT certs extended for 4 months

No, a cert is extended by reissuing it. What they are doing is disregarding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Keep the fiesta it's always a good idea to have a backup ready to roll in the world of bangernomics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-alfa-romeo-156/24819362

YTZjOGZjZDQ4MzhlMTk3MDUyYTRlNTQzMTYwZDNlYWZ5igx24Ssqicjszbw7c4O8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4NTUyMTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1.6 Alfa 156, test til October, €500

I can't remember the last time we've had one of these in here. They haven't aged well IMO, but I can definitely appreciate a survivor like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2001-alfa-romeo-156/24819362

YTZjOGZjZDQ4MzhlMTk3MDUyYTRlNTQzMTYwZDNlYWZ5igx24Ssqicjszbw7c4O8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4NTUyMTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1.6 Alfa 156, test til October, €500

I can't remember the last time we've had one of these in here. They haven't aged well IMO, but I can definitely appreciate a survivor like this!

I wonder why he decided to hide the car in the pictures?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Yeah, I wouldn't imagine the pictures would be too flattering if they were taken in daylight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I wonder why he decided to hide the car in the pictures?

They were taken in an underground carpark. Not a great choice. FWIW things become a bit clearer if you increase the gamma on the pics.

Would have been better with the regulation 10 pics - even if they were all taken in an underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Id say you would get that for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

Thoughts on this? Looks in good condition and the dealer saying it'll have NCT sorted for the sale;

Asking for €895

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-renault-megane-new-nct/23752714

OWM5ZTdlMjFkOTEzNWY0ZDZjM2I5NDIxMjM5ZGVhZWLfpG3vTb0IEe9vKMzjHf0GaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM4MDczMzd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

really like this.. immaculate exterior and interior, those stickers could go..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?price_to=7000&bodyType=Coupe&transmission=Automatic&start=28

newboard wrote: »
    Thoughts on this? Looks in good condition and the dealer saying it'll have NCT sorted for the sale;

Asking for €895

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-renault-megane-new-nct/23752714

OWM5ZTdlMjFkOTEzNWY0ZDZjM2I5NDIxMjM5ZGVhZWLfpG3vTb0IEe9vKMzjHf0GaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDM4MDczMzd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Seems the dealer managed to get a test on it just before lockdown, NCT site lists a May 2021 expiry date.

In my experience they used to eat coil packs and window regs. I think they’re a nice car to drive though and very comfortable for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2001 toyota corolla long nct
    http://www.adverts.ie/20379949

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2001 toyota corolla long nct
    http://www.adverts.ie/20379949

A fine bangernomic that will probably do another 200,000 miles hassle free once the oil and filter are changed a few times.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I know it really doesn't matter in this case but it should be against the law to paint wheels black. It's definitely a sign of something with the owner.

I know it really doesn't matter in this case but it should be against the law to paint wheels black. It's definitely a sign of something with the owner.

Don't think they look bad myself but if the Greens get into government your wish might just come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Plus red calipers...:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I would be very surprised if that was 146,000km and not 146,000 miles... Those interiors really show wear and tear, hard to judge without any pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭This is it

I would be very surprised if that was 146,000km and not 146,000 miles... Those interiors really show wear and tear, hard to judge without any pictures.

NCT shows km and the clock is in km with 146k on the odometer

Why €750 isn't that a bit cheap? There must be a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€750 is not cheap for a 14 year old rough looking petrol Mondeo. In fact it's expensive, that car is worth about €450 or €500 max imo. Those engines are just kak and drink as much oil as they do petrol.

bazz26 wrote: »
    €750 is not cheap for a 14 year old rough looking petrol Mondeo. In fact it's expensive, that car is worth about €450 or €500 max imo. Those engines are just kak and drink as much oil as they do petrol.

Ok, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Frank are you trolling, seriously.....

You have been told what you should be going for.

A petrol will not suit your needs one bit the same as you buying a festa to do what is it 2k km a week....

You need something up in the years and now your going backwards again and now looking at an old mark 3 Mondeo petrol ...

I'm not going to bother anymore and I honestly think others are completely fed up now too ... It's like the weather ...

Go for something as new as possible that you can afford, just because you purchase off a garage doesn't mean it's any better or covered all depends on the price as with low end cars they aren't going to be doing much to look after it....

Get yourself the Laguna or megane or fluence and it will do you for a while and move on up ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement