Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Wow! That won't last too long at that money! Good find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

How does this car look lads? Anything specific to look for, having a look in awhile for herself. Just for school runs and shopping. She doesn’t drive much.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/22717793

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jmreire wrote: »
    It might be the guinness talking, but I *really* might go look at that Orion on Sunday

I keep looking at it!

I looked at a lot of them...working in a Ford Dealership. Last one I owned, 1986 Orion, GL, sunroof, fancy upholstery etc. 1.6 Diesel ( dice engine...good for 200'000 Miles) But it rusted away bit by bit ( not the chassis or valances or really serious stuff ) but sill panels, door s etc. I still have the brown log book for it, but the car is long gone......but otherwise, was a great car.

It was the old 1800 endura lump in them back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

That Orion, how can a car get 16 months or more nct?
    I thought it was just one year??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

tony1980 wrote: »
    How does this car look lads? Anything specific to look for, having a look in awhile for herself. Just for school runs and shopping. She doesn’t drive much.

Looks a nice example of a fairly mediocre car. Same owner since 2013 which is a good sign though. The 08 reg is nice but really its no different to an 03 one. There are better cars out there for the money

I had this dropped into me this morning. No leather or sunroof as previously mentioned but it has half leather and a touch screen sat nav/bluetooth thing. Clean NCT sheet in the glovebox with 1 advisory for a tyre, and a few recent receipts for shocks and other bits.

48557288702_d9eb8f2410_z.jpg

I haven't photographed it yet, but its clean and straight all around.

• Advertisement

lalababa wrote: »
    That Orion, how can a car get 16 months or more nct?
    I thought it was just one year??

Cars over 30 years old get a 2 year NCT

tony1980 wrote: »

Seems well priced and it's the facelift version too.
    Main thing that plays up with these is electrics, and they can have issues with water getting in around doors, lights, connectors etc
    Check all windows are working up and down with no broken regulators
    Look for any lights on dash or any peculiar electrical issues with lights/indicators etc
    Also, the keycards can fail due to dry solder joints on the boards
    My sister drove one for a while and an ignition coil failed and it was running on 3 cylinders with engine light on, but that would be fairly evident anyway.

Thanks lads :-)

On the point of that Megan being 2008, by the end of a cars production run most of their issues get sorted. I suspect that if everything works fine on the car now, it should continue to do so. The fact that it's a long term owner ( if they are honest and most are) will give you more insight.

Worse case scenario is that your kids get super healthy by walking to school most days!

Everything looked great. Going to pick it up on Monday for 1k :-)

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95-biopower/22721226

NGVmYjBlODM5YjBhY2Y3MmQ5OThlNDQxZGI4ZDBiMTIgGe8_jLSF_VG5T9MkHYGbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA2NzYyNDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Auto 9-5 with NCT till May 2020, €700

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Window regulator is an issue across Renault but not the end of the world....

Not the worst motor either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Seems well priced and it's the facelift version too.
    Main thing that plays up with these is electrics, and they can have issues with water getting in around doors, lights, connectors etc
    Check all windows are working up and down with no broken regulators
    Look for any lights on dash or any peculiar electrical issues with lights/indicators etc
    Also, the keycards can fail due to dry solder joints on the boards
    My sister drove one for a while and an ignition coil failed and it was running on 3 cylinders with engine light on, but that would be fairly evident anyway.

What year was that megane? My missus had an 03 one, with the big bum (the car not her!) and every one of those issues you mention occurred.

Think it was a 05 from what I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-1-9-tdi-130-bhp-nct-12-19-250/22719355

04 Audi A4 130bhp TDI
    230K KM,
    NCT 12/19
    €250
    Vorsprung durch Technik

That's too fecking cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

They mention the 250 euro price twice in the advert description

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    ZGFjYzNmMzIyZDkxZDhkMWNlYjM0NzBhYjUxMTYwZmE4rYL-FEYfLx6LEWmcnHsRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA2MjYyNjJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2005 E60 2.5 diesel
    NCT until December, but there is tax on it until the end of April next year!!
    The tax alone is worth about 900 quid
    Looking for 1850

Excuse my ignorance but why is the tax so high on that ?

Its 1080 per year if paid in 1 lump payment as it's a 2.5 litre engine, but if you pay 6 months or 3 months, it's around 600 and 300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Excuse my ignorance but why is the tax so high on that ?

Because its pre 2008 thus on the old cc based taxation system.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

terrydel wrote: »
    That's too fecking cheap.

And woosh it's gone.:D..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Are you afraid to invite your big American relatives over to Ireland as they won't fit in your Fiat Panda?

Well worry no more, as the quintessentially Irish named Mr Padraic Flaherty from Galway, will give you the luck of the Irish in the shape of a 1.8 auto Skoda Superb with cream leather with 2 months tax and NCT. And gorrah it'll be a bargain to haggle him down to 1800 euro.

Sell it then hopefully with fresh NCT in October when those yanks have ****ed off back to Trump.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-skoda-suberb-elegance-1-8-turbo-petrol-150-hp/22705616?campaign=3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Keenly priced too.

Not a fan of mahogany sideboards in cars usually, but that interior is quite decent. If it's not an ex taxi, thats daycent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Keenly priced too.

Should do everyone a favour and put it through the test for the next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Are you afraid to invite your big American relatives over to Ireland as they won't fit in your Fiat Panda?

Well worry no more, as the quintessentially Irish named Mr Padraic Flaherty from Galway, will give you the luck of the Irish in the shape of a 1.8 auto Skoda Superb with cream leather with 2 months tax and NCT. And gorrah it'll be a bargain to haggle him down to 1800 euro.

Sell it then hopefully with fresh NCT in October when those yanks have ****ed off back to Trump.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-skoda-suberb-elegance-1-8-turbo-petrol-150-hp/22705616?campaign=3

That's one class car !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭jmreire

It was the old 1800 endura lump in them back then.

Well, it was the 1.6 engine in the one I had, but I remember well the 1.8's too. Good engine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Not a fan of mahogany sideboards in cars usually, but that interior is quite decent. If it's not an ex taxi, thats daycent.

Not a chance it was a taxi with the 1.8t... with manual it is fairly thirsty, with slagishbox must be even more.

Well, it was the 1.6 engine in the one I had, but I remember well the 1.8's too. Good engine.:)

Apologies, i forgot the 1.6. Brain affected by fumes from years of hand priming Endura 1.8's to start when warm...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Apologies, i forgot the 1.6. Brain affected by fumes from years of hand priming Endura 1.8's to start when warm...

Possibly the worst hape of junk ever made... If you didn't do the two/three preheat trick bang on for the first start of the day you were doomed unless you towed it with something. More power in a fizz bag and as thirsty as father Jack, getting overtaken by 1 litre box starlets was embarrassing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's one class car !!!!

I don't like that chrome trim around the edge. But great otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement