Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Nice car but an exaggeration to say an 06 325i will ever be a classic.

Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Where are you based? Her partner is only getting going on a vectra diesel (first years ncb) after being named driver so they won't insure her.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    I am going to replace the fiesta one way or another it is already going out - burning oil and gearbox are quite rough, I will definitely check the car out first and if it's alright I will try and trade my fiesta for it. Then I'll have some cash aside if the renault needs servicing.

I wouldn’t buy that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

She should have insured herself as a second driver for a year or 2, that's what I did under my mother's policy and I got a discount of AXA from €3k to €1600 when I began to take my own policy.

Do you wanna buy my fiesta by any chance?

*256,000 km Mileage
    *Ford fiesta 2008 1.2 Zetec Steel 2 with Sunroof
    *NCT until 01-21
    *Road Tax 06-20

*Timing Belt and Water Pump done @ 240,000 km
    *Two front tyres only purchased last September
    *New air filters fitted in
    *4 new spark plugs fitted in
    *Oil and filter changed @ 248,000 km

Still does around 40 mpg, Mainly use it for work commute, mostly motorway driving, M1 and M50.

Your here plaguing people constantly for advice because you want to change the fiesta as it's past its best and needs money spent on it.

Then you turn around and try pawn the car off on someone else on the forum. Terrible form!!

Personally, I wouldn't touch that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

JustLen wrote: »
    Your here plaguing people constantly for advice because you want to change the fiesta as it's past its best and needs money spent on it.

Then you turn around and try pawn the car off on someone else on the forum. Terrible form!!

Thanks guys I've made the connection now.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

There’s a red vehicle check light on on the dash too. There’s something up with it but it could be anything... (or nothing) might just need a reset.

All the same for 1000 it would be worth a punt if you a fancy 6 cylinder fun for a while. Definitely beats boring 320i and 320d anyway.

That red car on a lift signifies it needs a service. Probably hasn’t been reset properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

JustLen wrote: »

Oh deary me oh my.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

She should have insured herself as a second driver for a year or 2, that's what I did under my mother's policy and I got a discount of AXA from €3k to €1600 when I began to take my own policy.

Do you wanna buy my fiesta by any chance?

*256,000 km Mileage
    *Ford fiesta 2008 1.2 Zetec Steel 2 with Sunroof
    *NCT until 01-21
    *Road Tax 06-20

*Timing Belt and Water Pump done @ 240,000 km
    *Two front tyres only purchased last September
    *New air filters fitted in
    *4 new spark plugs fitted in
    *Oil and filter changed @ 248,000 km

Still does around 40 mpg, Mainly use it for work commute, mostly motorway driving, M1 and M50.

Definitely taking the preferable now....

Seriously...

Mods this should be something frowned upon...

Trying to pawn off dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

5 days ago in this very thread ... :eek:
    I am going to replace the fiesta one way or another it is already going out - burning oil and gearbox are quite rough, I will definitely check the car out first and if it's alright I will try and trade my fiesta for it. Then I'll have some cash aside if the renault needs servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Who's to say that this Fiesta has not been interfered with...ya know in a sexual way?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nobody would surprise me with Mr Mitty and this f**king fiesta!!! I have heard more about about this poxy car on this forum than any other car and thats just wrong!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Who's to say that this Fiesta has not been interfered with...ya know in a sexual way?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don’t think it can be ruled out anyway.
    Can you suggest a good reliable, inexpensive to maintain petrol car for every day use?

Maximum value EUR2000
    Minimum engine size 1.6
    Bullet proof tank engine that can take a hard beating ride and can be abuse to an extent.
    Easy to maintain without sucking my wallet dry.
    A little touch of comfort is a must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-starlet-tax-and-nct/24867654

YzY2ZWRmMWU2MjNlODFmNTgzMDg1MDliZDlkOTRmYmGH4D5ITHUxG4_dsVIGVKI-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDcyNDc2OTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy looking 3 door Starlet, tax til August and NCT til October, €950

Looks very tidy. Nice little runaround if you could add it to a classic policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I see he has another one behind it in one of the pics. Its up for same price, but it's a 1992 and no mention of NCT on that one

Maybe some of the people here could help me out. I'm trying to find a starter car for my daughter, she's 28 on a learner permit, her budget is 1500 to 2000 at a push. She'll be starting from scratch so something insurable is most important. Her partner drives so travelling a reasonable distance from Co. Wexford for something decent can be done. Any help would be much appreciated.
    My head is melted looking at cars tbh, her first preference is a Clio, wouldn't be my choice but that's life eh?

It's a bit far away but she should have trouble free motoring with this...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-honda-civic-1-3-2-owners-nct-08-20/24465576

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2008-1-0-petrol-nct-amptax/24696771
    Basic no frills but should be reliable motoring which is most peoples priority.
    2008 Yaris 1.0 litre 5 door;
    110k miles and FSH were told
    NCT 09/20;
    Asking €2,000.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-8-turbo-new-discs-and-pads-audi-a4-2003/24865634
    Something for the weekend - I really want to sort out them headlights though:)
    2003 Audi A4 1.8T soft top;
    118k miles;
    NCT 09/20;
    New discs and pads;
    Asking €1,250.

That’s lovely. They have aged really well I think, a great 4 seat cabriolet option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭passatman86

Would 3 get in the back of the a4 cabrio

Would 3 get in the back of the a4 cabrio

There’s only 2 seats in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭passatman86

Yeah just searched Google images
    Definitely 2 in the back

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-on-the-button-pristine-family-car/24224037
    Not a Renault fan myself but I know these along with the Megane III have their fans here and hence why I'm positing - shame there are no interior snaps.
    2008 Laguna 1.5 dsl
    NCT 02/21;
    120k miles;
    Asking €1,950.

• Advertisement

That’s lovely. They have aged really well I think, a great 4 seat cabriolet option.
    I recall the Audi 80 cabriolets used to be asking serious money altogether - even at the same vintage of that A4 then back in the day - seemed extortion. Maybe it was because Princess Diana was tipping around in one at one stage or something like that which was holding prices sky high. The A4 cabriolets seem to ask right handy money these times by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It's a bit far away but she should have trouble free motoring with this...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-honda-civic-1-3-2-owners-nct-08-20/24465576

Never even looked at the civic we thought she wouldn't get insurance. Surprisingly the insurance is less than the Clio. She's going to look at one closer in the morning, hopefully it's decent.

Never even looked at the civic we thought she wouldn't get insurance. Surprisingly the insurance is less than the Clio. She's going to look at one closer in the morning, hopefully it's decent.

Civic's are bomb proof reliable and were ahead of their time, surprisingly good on juice too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/chevrolet-epica-automatic/24871143

MWJhYWNjNzYzYTJkZDc0Y2JlMDg2ZGVhZWVlNGMxMjVR0fm2E--1Vny0iDyTMVADaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDcyNzYwMzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

07 Epica petrol, NCT til November, €650

Low miles, good tyres, auto box. I've a bit of a soft spot for these, this seems like it could be a decent buy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

V6 as well?

Straight 6 I think

Straight 6 I think

That’d be an unusual configuration, assuming it’s transverse. Volvo would probably be the most common example of this.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’d be an unusual configuration, assuming it’s transverse. Volvo would probably be the most common example of this.

First line from the Wikipedia page for the Epica:
    Daewoo's XK straight-six engines were designed by Porsche

So you can tell people you basically drive a 6 cyl Porsche

So was the gearbox in my FTO

Had no noticeable effect on women though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

First line from the Wikipedia page for the Epica:

So you can tell people you basically drive a 6 cyl Porsche

Any one remember when seats Ibiza's had a Porsche on the engine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement