Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s40-t5-se-6-speed-w-cruise-control/24911934

2.5 manual S40 T5, NCT til September, same owner since 2006, €1150

This is a bit of a curiosity; 2004 is very early for one of these. I didn't realise they were available in this trim/engine either. Looks like it could be a very nice buy for the money

And the fun begins with it over on Adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    And the fun begins with it over on Adverts!

Muppets the lot of them. If any of them were actually interested in the car they would ring about it. I never really understood the hate adverts used to get on here, but it’s instances like that where it shines through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Muppets the lot of them. If any of them were actually interested in the car they would ring about it. I never really understood the hate adverts used to get on here, but it’s instances like that where it shines through.

I'd say they're not really interested Duke to be honest, they probably think for a 16 year old car that costs 1300 euro a year to tax it's overpriced.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I found Donedeal way worse, I told one guy to fcuk off and he told me fcuk off back to Romania....:pac:

Truckermal wrote: »
    I found Donedeal way worse, I told one guy to fcuk off and he told me fcuk off back to Romania....:pac:

I absolutely hate selling anything now, Donedeal, adverts - and don’t get me started on market place - they’re all full of absolute cretins.

If I can’t sell it on here or to someone I know, it’ll sit there.

• Advertisement

I'd say they're not really interested Duke to be honest, they probably think for a 16 year old car that costs 1300 euro a year to tax it's overpriced.

One of the fellas commenting on that ad, I know him, he thinks he’s Mike Brewer and has tried to buy cars from me before. To be fair to him, he’d probably pay 2500 for the car, then advertise it the next day on the classic section of Donedeal for €5k, and sell it 6 months later for 1500.

Nice and all as the car is, it’s only worth about what the seller is currently asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

One of the fellas commenting on that ad, I know him, he thinks he’s Mike Brewer and has tried to buy cars from me before. To be fair to him, he’d probably pay 2500 for the car, then advertise it the next day on the classic section of Donedeal for €5k, and sell it 6 months later for 1500.

Nice and all as the car is, it’s only worth about what the seller is currently asking.

No ones going to be paying one and a half grand for that in six months time or any months time.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

That comments section is an absolute train wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

2009 Opel Insignia
    2.0CDTi Elite Automatic
    €1,950
    Nice Spec and looks clean.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/insignia/2009-opel-insignia-2-0cdti-elite-automatic/20478624

EDIT: Just noticed the NCT is expired since March 2020..

You couldn't give Insignias away!
    It's actually funny
    I did a search on Donedeal for 2009 minimum year, value from 500 quid to 2k (to weed out the 1 euro spare parts ads etc), must be 1.9 litre diesel or larger and must have NCT and I'd say 60 or 70% of them are Insignias!!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?fuelType=Diesel&verifications=nct&year_from=2009&price_to=2000&engine_from=1.9&price_from=500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

carzony wrote: »
    2009 Opel Insignia
    2.0CDTi Elite Automatic
    €1,950
    Nice Spec and looks clean.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/opel/insignia/2009-opel-insignia-2-0cdti-elite-automatic/20478624

EDIT: Just noticed the NCT is expired since March 2020..

Yeah, second of March, so it doesn't even get the schnakey extra 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

You couldn't give Insignias away!
    It's actually funny
    I did a search on Donedeal for 2009 minimum year, value from 500 quid to 2k (to weed out the 1 euro spare parts ads etc), must be 1.9 litre diesel or larger and must have NCT and I'd say 60 or 70% of them are Insignias!!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?fuelType=Diesel&verifications=nct&year_from=2009&price_to=2000&engine_from=1.9&price_from=500

Extremely bad cars so everyone tells me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Wouldn't touch an Opel, some horror stories about them, not sure how the newer ones are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Wouldn't touch an Opel, some horror stories about them, not sure how the newer ones are.

Such a sweeping statement! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some post 08 diesels are on relatively high tax bracket, too which doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Warren buffet used to say that the best time to buy stocks is "when theres blood on the strrets"

With the Insignia, it's well and truly a river by now. I might start keeping an eye out for a clean ecoflex diesel, should be able to pick up 2012 ones for peanuts soon.

Anyone who's been burnt by them should have moved on by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

My second car was a 2004 1.4 Opel Astra. Was a good car to learn the basics of maintenance and repairs.

Only cost me a refurbished alternator (my own fault accelerating around in first gear) and a new wheel bearing (to replace a snapped abs sensor). Did about 30000 kms and sold it on. Still see it driving around :P

I've heard absolute horror stories about those Insignias though

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Tired looking 2003 Passat comfortline 1.9 - NCT until mid October. No interior pics, no word of mileage. Asking 400 quid

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-passat-1-9-tdi/24907021

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

A smart looking car for small money, I've always liked the look of them. No idea whether they're troublesome or not.

€1495, NCT 03/21, low tax bracket and new clutch.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/10-subaru-legacy-all-wheel-drive-diesel-nct-3-21/24517025

OWFmOWMwMjMxYzZkNDkzYzlhNWNkNWRkMjhmY2IwMTG10xhMnHhcYl-8oIVI3O3xaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQ2NjE2MjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    A smart looking car for small money, I've always liked the look of them. No idea whether they're troublesome or not.

€1495, NCT 03/21, low tax bracket and new clutch.

Back in 2010 Subaru and diesel didn't get along. They still rather don't speak to each other.

• Advertisement

Was going to post that Legacy as it's something different but not sure about Subaru and Diesels

I would say it's still worth posting anyway.

The whole post 08 diesel thing is killing me, apologies for ot:

Was looking at cars in range of 5-7k in case mine dies to go up in years good bit and its all diesel world or kia Picantos, corsas and the likes. No nice saloons or hatchbacks with petrol engine out there.

Will probably stick to bangeromics again if the worst happens. Driving 05 with over 320k on the clock I must be ready for this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

wonski wrote: »
    I would say it's still worth posting anyway.

The whole post 08 diesel thing is killing me, apologies for ot:

Was looking at cars in range of 5-7k in case mine dies to go up in years good bit and its all diesel world or kia Picantos, corsas and the likes. No nice saloons or hatchbacks with petrol engine out there.

Will probably stick to bangeromics again if the worst happens. Driving 05 with over 320k on the clock I must be ready for this ;)

UK is your friend for variety.... Nox max on petrol€600

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

UK is your friend for variety.... Nox max on petrol€600

Any website or recomended place to look for ?
    Rgds

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Any website or recomended place to look for it?
    Rgds

Autotrader.co.uk with postcode address as Buckingham Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Kilboor wrote: »
    Autotrader.co.uk with postcode address as Buckingham Palace

Is that palace a trustful dealer there?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think Windsor have a Nissan garage there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109859351&postcount=8299

Another year, no nct report, but bangeromics are the business :D

514569.jpg

wonski wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109859351&postcount=8299

Another year, no nct report, but bangeromics are the business :D

So what's that now? 3 years since you bought it for €900? :eek:

• Advertisement

So what's that now? 3 years since you bought it for €900? :eek:

26 May 2017 it was :) Just checked.

Still going strong.

40k km of happy motoring with minor expenses on the way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement