Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Well I got the A4 Avant here last August and 2 weeks later I was due for renewal. Its a 2004 1.9tdi 130bhp and I got my cheapest insurance I've had in years. 490 euros for fully comp. I'm 51 and full NCB

Can you say which insurance company that is with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hi. That was with Chill.ie but it took a lot of crying and moaning to get it that low!! :D
    The policy itself is with Allianz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Hi. That was with Chill.ie but it took a lot of crying and moaning to get it that low!! :D
    The policy itself is with Allianz

123 was very kind to older cars owners recently, too ;)

I was actually with 123.ie for years, but their renewal last year was 750 Euros for 3rd party cover, so that's how I ended up trying Chill

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

crasy dash wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-full-spec/24937205

Clean looking octavia
    Might do somebody small bit of test left a months tax
    Usually bulletproof engine but I'm not sure of the reliability of the dsg box in it.

I'd drive it to be honest looking for something like it myself

I've never seen steering wheel controls on that era of Octavia, heated seats too, if the box behaves itself you'd have a grand car to be tipping around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

It's the top spec L&K Octavia, minimalist outside, hits big inside. Sleeper luxury.

My wife car if someone interested

http://www.adverts.ie/20508253

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kalkat2002 wrote: »

Bit pricy isn't it.

Bit pricy isn't it.

Well she put the price....
    Anyway if you check what is out there maybe not too much with all the new parts in
    Rgds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭anplaya27

About 1000 too much.

:eek: €1,800!
    For a 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.2 Steel, you'll be lucky to get even half that
    My daughter had a 2006 for a year or 18 months and bought it 3 years ago for €900
    I see you also had the coolant tank issue. Seems to be very common on them
    Best of luck with the sale anyway

Thanks for all the price advice...better than bonkers
    I will be happy if she doesnt sell it as I will use it...so please guys keep posting it is overpriced ;)

Expansion tank is a common issue on this cars when they age even in the newer models

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-607-2-2-hdi-nct-22-10-20/24942572

YWFkZWU2Y2MxMzNkY2VjNTI5Y2JmNmI5NDhmNTNhNjbugcHhFWdRC_-q4_QH1lkFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc4MTM5ODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

607 diesel, test til October, had one owner until last year, €450

I like the look of this, seems honest. Hard to go wrong at that money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/24938675

M2FkODdmZjFmZDI1MWZhMTFiYjk3NmNmYzdmNjk3NjLpiXyJk5oZXtnU9yA19tjLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc3ODg0MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy 3 door 99 e11 with NCT til 2021, 1 previous owner, €500

There was a time not too long ago when young lads would go mad for something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/24938675

M2FkODdmZjFmZDI1MWZhMTFiYjk3NmNmYzdmNjk3NjLpiXyJk5oZXtnU9yA19tjLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc3ODg0MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy 3 door 99 e11 with NCT til 2021, 1 previous owner, €500

There was a time not too long ago when young lads would go mad for something like this

Paint the bonnet green, slap a mayo crest on it and you've got yourself a nice little wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Paint the bonnet green, slap a mayo crest on it and you've got yourself a nice little wagon.
    You'll always come second...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jharr100

M2JhOTU2YjY5MDU5YjZjOWNmZjliZjI3NTBmY2I2ZTgeH7R-km1yqXl4yL2jVGmdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc1ODIzMTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeghttps://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-2004/24913391

Celica with a scratch ,needing a test , but might be worth a gamble..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Seems very expensive to me. Worth half that imo. If that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I thought the money was strong too and its only 140bhp guise also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus by any chance?

Stephen?? 🀣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Thanks for all the price advice...better than bonkers
    I will be happy if she doesnt sell it as I will use it...so please guys keep posting it is overpriced ;)

Expansion tank is a common issue on this cars when they age even in the newer models

No effort made on the pictures. Car looks dirty and with that comes across that it is not looked after. Even down to the documents picture. She could have at least given it a wash, taken the baby seats out and taken some other pictures at a better angle.

That's a €600/700 car and that is being generous for something that 14 years old with not a long NCT.

That is nice alright. Although I doubt its 25% off territory. Either way at 2k that is decent money and a lot of car.

No effort made on the pictures. Car looks dirty and with that comes across that it is not looked after. Even down to the documents picture. She could have at least given it a wash, taken the baby seats out and taken some other pictures at a better angle.

That's a €600/700 car and that is being generous for something that 14 years old with not a long NCT.

If she doesnt care me neither and is not my money so better if it is not sold and jumps to me
    But would be easy get 1 k for it if it was mine
    Is a genuine car so there the pictures and maybe inside is cleaner than yours ;)

If she doesnt care me neither and is not my money so better if it is not sold and jumps to me
    But would be easy get 1 k for it if it was mine
    Is a genuine car so there the pictures

But it is all in the perception.

No effort in pictures - What have you got to hide?

Dirty car - Is it not looked after?

But sure if you are happy to have it, work away. What are you currently in?

I agree with you but is not my cup of tea is missus one and she has to learn
    Nothing to hide to be honest whoever checks it onsite will notice it and local mechanic available to report it
    That the car is not weekly washed outside doesnt means is not looked after...
    Rgds

I am happy owner of a ford c max 2007 1.6 petrol banger one...perfect for the kids and to drive from A to B just with anual servicing needed

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

Hoping to go down the bangernomics route soon and I am leaning towards a CLK200 (06/07) or E200 (07 facelift - ), however some of the cleaner/ more expensive models have had the chain replaced.

Is this issue widespread in the 1.8k engine? Still see plenty with big miles so might not be as common an issue as I fear.

Worst case scenario, is there a preventative fix for the chain issues like with the BMW one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I am happy owner of a ford c max 2007 1.6 petrol banger one...perfect for the kids and to drive from A to B just with anual servicing needed

Why would you want the Fiesta hanging around then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement