Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Burning a sup of oil isn't the end of the world either. I dont say that in defence of the 1.4 either, they aren't a great engine regardless.
    When it makes it impossible to pass the test it's a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

CoBo55 wrote: »
    How much oil were you putting into it? I doubt it had a test either as they're impossible to get through the emissions once they go over the 200k mark.

Oh yes,always liked it's oil. I had it from new. I serviced it with the correct oil for most of it's life and kept an eye on the level. Emissions fail once and it needed a part. Otherwise it was a good old Italian tune up on the way to the centre. Many cars will have emissions issues as they age. I'm not saying they are bullet proof. Just saying they are capable of more than 200kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Somebody please buy this.

I got my second one a few months back here from a link and it's the best car I have ever owned.

This looks to be the 150hp model, so a quick tune will bring it to 210hp ( yes those engines were seriously detuned)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-2-0t-estate/25006674?campaign=14

MDAwMTI4M2ViODYyMWIyMWNkNGQyOTQ3MTljYWJkMDfhzNuk2ZmhGnylaeZ_igIOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDgyNzk1MTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Absolute gem^

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

flexcon :- what does the quick tune entail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

KB22 wrote: »

HOT

KB22 wrote: »

It's just an ECU map. A few guys in Ireland, and the UK can do it.

I spent £110 to take my aero up from 210 to 250 (baring in mind on paper its at that level - no dyno yet to prove it)

Nordic tuning, or noobtune would be well known ones for years. You mail off the ECU to them and its sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Perfect for the initial d fans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's far from M1nt but it'd be a solid buy at circa €500 if you could haggle to that or near it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It's far from M1nt but it'd be a solid buy at circa €500 if you could haggle to that or near it.

Any savvy buyer is getting that for €400 which is worth the 5 months tax and test alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Those Jazz’ are too often overlooked. They’re brilliant cars

Those Jazz’ are too often overlooked. They’re brilliant cars

They are, I've a 2011 Fit (1.3 hybrid) the last couple years and it's just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is anyone going to see that Jazz? It’s a bit too far for me as I’m in limerick. Be the ideal yoke for me while my own car is garaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

flexcon wrote: »
    Somebody please buy this.

I got my second one a few months back here from a link and it's the best car I have ever owned.

This looks to be the 150hp model, so a quick tune will bring it to 210hp ( yes those engines were seriously detuned)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-2-0t-estate/25006674?campaign=14

MDAwMTI4M2ViODYyMWIyMWNkNGQyOTQ3MTljYWJkMDfhzNuk2ZmhGnylaeZ_igIOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDgyNzk1MTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

What is so great about these Saabs? Everyone seems too have a high opinion of them. Currently rocking a 00 Xantia 2.0 hdi. Currently 200k on the clock a reckon its good for another 200-300k aswell.

Averaging 60+mpg. Always on the lookout to have a solid banger on hand

jodaw wrote: »
    What is so great about these Saabs? Everyone seems too have a high opinion of them. Currently rocking a 00 Xantia 2.0 hdi. Currently 200k on the clock a reckon its good for another 200-300k aswell.

Averaging 60+mpg. Always on the lookout to have a solid banger on hand

On average they have been built really well.

While they are based on the vectra - they seem to have been more refined. The engines are bullet proof once minded and the turbo rarely goes.

This one is actually the 175hp engine not 150 which I said earlier.

I’m honestly tempted to buy this if it’s not sold next week.

Looks nice. The 8.6l/100km seems a little steep though. Would expect a lot more from a diesel. Anyone have one of these long term and know what mileage they return?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭con747

Looks nice. The 8.6l/100km seems a little steep though. Would expect a lot more from a diesel. Anyone have one of these long term and know what mileage they return?

It's a petrol.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

That explains the 8.6l then. Should have looked closer at ad. These come in 1.9 tdi also dont they? Is it only petrols that are reliable?

At that consumption ok for a run around but no good for commute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-honda-accord-2-0-i-vtec-nct-and-tax/25022156

Anything to look out for folks. Hoping to buy this in the morning.

Surprisingly my insurance is 600 euro for it.

Sorry I can't post full links and thought would be better posting in this forum as fits in bangernomics.

Also what MPG would you get or how much would it cost for 320KM of driving.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

That explains the 8.6l then. Should have looked closer at ad. These come in 1.9 tdi also dont they? Is it only petrols that are reliable?

The diesel engine in them is very good. It's 150bhp and average consumption is around 50mpg or 5.6l/100kms on decent long runs. Herself had a petrol one and then the diesel and now has an ALfa 159 with the same diesel engine and gets about 5.5-5.7l/100kms out of that also.

There is also a 120bhp version. Not sure what one is like on fuel, but the 150 is a cracker of an engine with lots of power and great torque.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24748748

Not bangeromics but one hell of an engine.

Again it will happily be mapped to 240hp but 180 as standard.

Unsure of reliability. No experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

lickalot wrote: »
    donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-honda-accord-2-0-i-vtec-nct-and-tax/25022156

Anything to look out for folks. Hoping to buy this in the morning.

Surprisingly my insurance is 600 euro for it.

Sorry I can't post full links and thought would be better posting in this forum as fits in bangernomics.

Also what MPG would you get or how much would it cost for 320KM of driving.

Thanks.

That seems well priced especially from a dealer with warranty.
    They are a very reliable car in general and as with most 2 litre petrol cars, you're looking at around 8.5l/100kms fuel consumption depending on length of journey etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    That seems well priced especially from a dealer with warranty.
    They are a very reliable car in general and as with most 2 litre petrol cars, you're looking at around 8.5l/100kms fuel consumption depending on length of journey etc

Thanks for that. Doesn't seem to bad. I've only a 8KM drive to work as well so should be grand.

Looking forward to it now, been a while since I drove a 2 liter VTEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

lickalot wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Doesn't seem to bad. I've only a 8KM drive to work as well so should be grand.

Looking forward to it now, been a while since I drove a 2 liter VTEC.
    They are a nice car to be fair. If you only have a 8km drive to work and don't do a serious amount of driving besides I'd be suggesting petrol all the way alright. Being a Honda petrol reliability should go without saying - they are the biggest manufacturer of petrol engines in the world after all.

Asking price is on the face of it a little on the strong side but it does look in great order and a long NCT. Presumably they meant NCT 07/2021 and Tax 03/2021 in the body of the ad but something you would want to check out whats what. If it does have that much tax on it then the tax alone would be worth a considerable few quid and arguably make the car a pretty decent buy.

I see a tear in the drivers seat bolster but that certainly wouldn't put me off. Bear in mind Honda parts can be expensive but they should be at the sweet spot where there fairly readily available in breakers yards and not gone as rare as hens teeth yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

flexcon wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24748748

Not bangeromics but one hell of an engine.

Again it will happily be mapped to 240hp but 180 as standard.

Unsure of reliability. No experience

Christ that looks clean. Leather even seems to have held up well

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

This looks like a decent value i30 in rarer 2 litre form. Heated leather, rear sensors. Few months tax and it's at the 390 rate as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i30-2008-/25020657

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭younggalway

This looks like a decent value i30 in rarer 2 litre form. Heated leather, rear sensors. Few months tax and it's at the 390 rate as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i30-2008-/25020657

Don't think I've ever seen one of these in 2 litre.

Should there be any concern he has the same car posted in the Breaking and Repairables section? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Don't think I've ever seen one of these in 2 litre.

Should there be any concern he has the same car posted in the Breaking and Repairables section? :D

Possibly just a mistake when uploading onto DD. Yeah the 2 litre had about 140 brake iirc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement