Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

Was posted here a while ago, worth close to 1000!

Why dyou say that? Dyou think the NCT could be an issue?

I just checked the tax and it's €390/year. Could have sworn I saw same model before with €200 tax

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

newboard wrote: »

I just checked the tax and it's €390/year. Could have sworn I saw same model before with €200 tax

NCT is extended due to Corona.
    Just make sure mileage is correct.
    If you could get the UK reg off it you could check the mot site to see what was on it before it came over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

gooner99 wrote: »
    I believe the1.8 petrol is a great buy. Tax in low on this one, but what like are they in 2.2 diesel. Looks clean from pictures.

Brother had an 08 2.2 import from UK bought from local Honda dealer. He racked up over 300000km without any major problems. Nice car plenty of poke and his version was the es which had a lot of extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Homer jay

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Y2M4OGZlMDFhYzNiZjMyOTYwN2RjNzE0ZjQ4MzJlMmMysoHLuKFvV1SlBGDgVWD0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDkyNDEzNjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Harvey gave Conor a new car, so he is getting rid of his 2004 Yaris
    Taxed until November and NCT until March next year
    No scrapes or bumps on it and had clutch done 2 years ago
    Only 82,000 kms on it - Originally up for €1150 and now down at €700

Hi Mike, have you a link for the Yaris ? Thanks Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Homer jay wrote: »

When Mike posts a link, you just click on the photo and it takes you to the ad. As it stands, that ad has been taken down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Homer jay

dobman88 wrote: »
    When Mike posts a link, you just click on the photo and it takes you to the ad. As it stands, that ad has been taken down.

Thanks dobman88, didn’t realize it would work that way. 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Another 96 1.3xli Starlet money is strong @ 1750:o but still looks clean enough and low mileage and longish nct

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mint-toyota-starlet/25135728

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

ODky-Ym-Zi-ZDcz-ODQ3-ODBi-Nj-Ew-Y2-I5-ODlj-Zj-Zk-NTcz-OGZYp-DC8f-Ddu8-Gxjq-MHZRt-Qma-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Mj-Rl-N2-U1-Mm-Y0-Y2-Q0-Nm-Yx-YTJh-YTVk-Ym-Qz-YTQ5-Nj-Q5-OTVd-Qgif-EWa-Sucg4-S7-Awg-O6ba-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-1-9tdi-low-tax/25137360

Cheap and chancey Low tax 08 tdi mk1 superb
    L&K spec
    Doesn't look awfully rough really
    Test extension to January
    Supposedly high miles
    Asking €600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭barry181091

ODky-Ym-Zi-ZDcz-ODQ3-ODBi-Nj-Ew-Y2-I5-ODlj-Zj-Zk-NTcz-OGZYp-DC8f-Ddu8-Gxjq-MHZRt-Qma-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

Mj-Rl-N2-U1-Mm-Y0-Y2-Q0-Nm-Yx-YTJh-YTVk-Ym-Qz-YTQ5-Nj-Q5-OTVd-Qgif-EWa-Sucg4-S7-Awg-O6ba-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25h.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-1-9tdi-low-tax/25137360

Cheap and chancey Low tax 08 tdi mk1 superb
    L&K spec
    Doesn't look awfully rough really
    Test extension to January
    Supposedly high miles
    Asking €600

Seems too cheap, I wonder is there something seriously wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think it's crazy cheap. It's a 12 year old tired and tatty looking Superb with 200k miles on the clock. If it's in need of mechanical work then the likes of a new clutch/flywheel would set you back around €900.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

crazily it would be cheaper for me to buy that car and insure it than to insure the 2005 superb I have sitting in my driveway....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

superb from above taken down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Homer jay wrote: »

Yep, I generally post the pic as clickable, but this went yesterday. Was gone very quick I'm afraid

ZDdkODAwZGU5ODlhZTFhMGMzOGQ1M2RkZmI3YmE4OWR_JCfSHhcvSsGRFYDgU_lmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDkzODgwODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I have to be honest, I know nothing at all about these or what they are like
    2008 Peugeot 407 1.7 petrol with NCT until next March and a few days tax, enough to drive it home
    Just shy of 200,000 kms with 4 good tyres and new brake pads, nice leather interior
    Asking price is €1200. Looks a nice clean car if it could be bought for close to a grand

Quoting my own post here and didn't realise it when I posted it, but my daughter who was looking to change to a big comfy saloon from a Grande Punto arrived home yesterday a few hours after I posted this and began to search on Donedeal around Mullingar for cars and found this and showed it to me, so that was as good a sign as any.

We went to view it today and she fell in love with it and after a bit of haggling and getting closer to a grand, she went ahead and brought it on with her. She's absolutely thrilled with it and the car is immaculate and seems to be running great too. ;)

newboard wrote: »

You will see the diesel Saabs at various tax prices

From 2008, when the CO2 figures took over, there is a 120bhp version and a 150bhp version
    Around 2008-2009, the 120bhp is €390p.a while the 150bhp is €570p.a, but they refined the engine and cut down the CO2 emissions even more around 2009/2010 and the rate went even lower, down to €200p.a for some of them

I only found that out myself about a month ago back here in the thread if you read the few posts after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That Peugeot looks very smart - hope its trouble free for you.

What's she doing with the punto?

Honestly, for the mileage she does (about 70 or 80km a week), it should last her a long time, and for that reason she isn't worried about economy etc either.
    Unbelievable as it may seem, the Peugeot is costing her 500 quid a year LESS on insurance than the Punto!!!

The Punto she left with her Da as a fathers day present to clean up and sell for her :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Quoting my own post here and didn't realise it when I posted it, but my daughter who was looking to change to a big comfy saloon from a Grande Punto arrived home yesterday a few hours after I posted this and began to search on Donedeal around Mullingar for cars and found this and showed it to me, so that was as good a sign as any.

We went to view it today and she fell in love with it and after a bit of haggling and getting closer to a grand, she went ahead and brought it on with her. She's absolutely thrilled with it and the car is immaculate and seems to be running great too. ;)

Petrols in them were ok afair. Don't think I ever sold one in 08, everyone wanted the cheap tax.

Solaire was a lovely spec, had cruise, Bluetooth, sunroof and wood trim over the ST. That leather is aftermarket but looks well. Peugeot leather was a €2500 option from the factory

• Advertisement

Oh that's interesting. Didn't realise the leather was aftermarket. Great spec on it alright which she is delighted with, especially both sunroof AND aircon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

crasy dash wrote: »
    Another 96 1.3xli Starlet money is strong @ 1750:o but still looks clean enough and low mileage and longish nct

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mint-toyota-starlet/25135728

At 1750, it belongs in the Dreamers thread. Clean as it is, its a 6-750 car at best

2008 c4 7 seater petrol

575 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/20745398

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

She’s on the old tax rate too (636) so that could actually be a great option for someone who doesn’t want to take on the risk of a diesel one.

It is due a test on 18th August (out since April) , so only 8 weeks test which rules it out for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭selectamatic

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't think it's crazy cheap. It's a 12 year old tired and tatty looking Superb with 200k miles on the clock. If it's in need of mechanical work then the likes of a new clutch/flywheel would set you back around €900.

New dmf and clutch replacement is closer to €600 all in on a mk1 superb or b5.5 passat isn't it?

You'd also hear the flywheel hanging outta it if it was approaching imminent failure especially on the 1.9pd's.

As things go a cheap tax 1.9- 2.0 diesel with test for circa €500 is always gonna be chancey but it's easier take that chance when its a relatively old school engine in a pretty proven platform.

Either way it didn't hang around too long on DD.

2008 renault laguna

1800 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/20747955

1999 fiat seicento

250 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/20751284

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    1999 fiat seicento

250 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/20751284

Great find

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Great find
    As they'd say in Dooblen, the hack of eh? It's manky:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭elperello

CoBo55 wrote: »
    As they'd say in Dooblen, the hack of eh? It's manky:mad:

What were you expecting for the price of a middling bike? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement