Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Piriz wrote: »
    Sold it for 1500 this afternoon! knocked 100 off because there was a few dents and scrapes that weren't as visible in the advert..
    You did vey well, sure the buyer would have haggled anyway as everyone likes the bit of negotiating and to think they are getting a good deal, so you'd have probably sold it for 1500 even without dents. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Cheers for the tip, yeah it's high alright but any others out there have nuts mileage (there's one with 450000 kms) - good sign of those engines tho! I'll wait it out, not in any major rush to change.

Whats wrong with this one? Asking €2250 but you will have it out the door for bangernomics money no problem.

NjA4MDkwYzAzMDM2Y2E1NzEyMDVkOGJmYWM5OTZhMzVmcRurvCnrXxHnI8NLNhj8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA2OTE4OTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

The tax is only €300 a year more than the one you posted, but its €1500 cheaper (at least) - thats 5 years tax equivilent! Plus you will save on fuel with the diesel. (at the risk of higher maintainance bills, but .... mmmmm leather seats.......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

My old car came up for sale. God I miss it so much..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-aero/22732077

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Would you not buy it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Would you not buy it back?

Would you have your ex partner back after it's been used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dia_Anseo wrote: »

Usually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

If I hadn't want to let her go, and she still look and rode as good as last time? Sure! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

rizzodun wrote: »
    If I hadn't want to let her go, and she still look and rode as good as last time? Sure! :pac:

But there'd always be that feeling that you could have a newer and better experience with a different model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I'd love to buy it back but can't afford it now. Insurance was far too much..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sloppy seconds comes to mind but sometimes you just can't fall out of love but is the price not a little bit pricey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-sharan-2000-1-owner/22755831

1 owner, TDI, NCT till March 2020, €650

Versatile old thing for the money. As far as I know the seats just clip out of these leaving a handy fat floor

2000kg towing capacity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

90 bhp I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Whats wrong with this one? Asking €2250 but you will have it out the door for bangernomics money no problem.

NjA4MDkwYzAzMDM2Y2E1NzEyMDVkOGJmYWM5OTZhMzVmcRurvCnrXxHnI8NLNhj8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA2OTE4OTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

The tax is only €300 a year more than the one you posted, but its €1500 cheaper (at least) - thats 5 years tax equivilent! Plus you will save on fuel with the diesel. (at the risk of higher maintainance bills, but .... mmmmm leather seats.......)

I have a bee in my bonnet about diesels due to everyone i know who has bought one in the past couple years having flywheel/clutch/dpf bills. Open to have that opinion changed tho, might well enquire about that one it looks well. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

90 bhp I presume?

Most likely. Although it could also be 110bhp but they are pretty rare as irish cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s 90PS yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I have a bee in my bonnet about diesels due to everyone i know who has bought one in the past couple years having flywheel/clutch/dpf bills. Open to have that opinion changed tho, might well enquire about that one it looks well. Cheers

That car is automatic so no clutch or flywheel issues, not all 2008 diesels have dpf's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

But there'd always be that feeling that you could have a newer and better experience with a different model.

Maybe you tried many more and nothing felt right...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

grogi wrote: »
    Maybe you tried many more and nothing felt right...?

Are we still talking about cars here, or should we really be talking to a counselor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

My brother has an 07 one, same engine. Class car. Those wheels look great on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

YzQ2Y2IxOTgzYTQwZDJjNTFjZjUxZTYwOTFhNmI4ZWJ_1GGOCyFl90ZypIfcyIGoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzExMjUyODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

It's gone awful quiet in here, so said I'd throw this up

Looks immaculate, and very hard to find these any more, but for the life of me, I don't get why they wouldn't put a new NCT on it as it expires next month

Anyway, it's a very cheap car to run, and as it fits the Bangernomics criteria, I'm putting it up to even just bump the thread! :D:D
    €999

• Advertisement

I love it, but its crazy expensive. It was on adverts for a few hundred quid, I called about it and all and it had already sold

Also, I bought this one from davycc of this parish a few years ago for less than 200 quid, with loads of NCT and a good heap of tax too. A total minter

36476281911_d13e32ff8e_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I love it, but its crazy expensive. It was on adverts for a few hundred quid, I called about it and all and it had already sold

Also, I bought this one from davycc of this parish a few years ago for less than 200 quid, with loads of NCT and a good heap of tax too. A total minter

Wow!
    That REALLY puts that other one I posted, in dreamer territory alright :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pushpen

Advice please - 2010 Diesel Fluence (5 gear, 85bhp version) mileage over 200KM. Timing belt done, NCT for a year, in Bangernomics money

Yay or Nay?

Pushpen wrote: »
    Advice please - 2010 Diesel Fluence (5 gear, 85bhp version) mileage over 200KM. Timing belt done, NCT for a year, in Bangernomics money

Yay or Nay?

No real reason to stay away, they are grand cars.

Ask yourself why is it cheap though? A 2010 Fluence is more a 3 grand car than 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Yay or Nay?

Answer is in your question! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cheap reliable newer gen Corolla with test until next June and just over a month's tax for €400:

ZTQ0MWNmZDEwMGNhYzI2M2NkNTgyMjU5ZDc0ZTE0N2OnNASRLm7pRlu1NpqyLZxgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzExNTgwNTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/22787833

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

https://imgur.com/a/mPnlfY9

My own bangernomics. V50 bought for €850 two weeks ago & hasn't missed a beat yet. 1.8 petrol, NCT until 6/20 with auto lights/wipers heated front seats.

Delighted with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭tnegun

Am in the look out for one of those myself what year is yours and what's the tax on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pushpen

No real reason to stay away, they are grand cars.

Ask yourself why is it cheap though? A 2010 Fluence is more a 3 grand car than 2.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-renault-fluence-1-5-dci-nct-oct-2020/21853470

This ad of a similar car having bumped down from 3000 to 2500 and the general agreement that dealer prices are a little overstated

And I am buying privately, so might be able to just get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-renault-fluence-1-5-dci-nct-oct-2020/21853470

This ad of a similar car having bumped down from 3000 to 2500 and the general agreement that dealer prices are a little overstated

And I am buying privately, so might be able to just get it

Great machine....

Work on price, but engine is well able... No dpf either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement