Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Minis are dying a death now too. Fiat 500s are all the rage these days

Mini to me did the same thing as Smart did. Forget why the original (I mean the Mini hatch that came out in 2000) was a success and start spawning stupid offshoots and diluting the appeal.

Fiat have done this with the 500x and 500L but despite this, people still want the regular 500. I don’t know that they’re actually selling many new these days but they’re still a cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

One car that I can never see being a future classic is the ka

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bear1 wrote: »

The SportKa and the Street Ka would float my boat as classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd love one in the future. Last of the kent engined cars, I'd love an 08+ one on emissions tax - it's something mad like 600 p/a for a 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Those fiestas a pretty horrible cars though, handling aside, they were noisy small outdated rotbixes when they were new, nevermind today!
    Are people really nostalgic for them?

Give me a Punto over them any day
    I am already, my first car was a 1.3 endura engined one (96MO2978 lord rest her soul), and I had a 1.8 diesel as well.

I think a 1.8 van model would be a nice one to have, when they are closer to classic tax

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'd love one in the future. Last of the kent engined cars, I'd love an 08+ one on emissions tax - it's something mad like 600 p/a for a 1.3

I meant the early version, 96 say. I hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Rust will have gotten rid of them in the interim anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Disagree.

Yep. It's got classic all over it. Especially the earliest examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-2008/22902706

This one is the more thirsty flexi fuel but if you didn't do big miles I'd say it would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

This one is the more thirsty flexi fuel but if you didn't do big miles I'd say it would be fine.

Nice updated dash/interior for a 2008. My Mondeo is the same year but much more of a basic spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No empty buttons on that dash... Fabulous interior for its age in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-fiat-punto-grande-1-2l-nctd-06-21/22909434?campaign=3

YjQwM2ZiOGIxMmJkNmMwODUyMjcxYjBmMzI1MTJlMDm6CnzRYzpGItdDYwhtrMhSaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzIwNTA0ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2010 Punto with nearly two years NCT, €1950

Most definitely an ex rental though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Looks like a lot of the major work has been done, what are they like? Haven't been in a punto since the mk2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

2006 Skoda Suberb Elegance 1.8 Turbo Petrol 150 HP
    5 days 921 views Galway City, Galway
    Price
    € 1,500
    OGIxYWJlMjY4ODQ4MTUwOGE0NTg2NmNkNDM0ZmM0NzUbyboPwuVvjqKeiebRb93daHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA1NTc5MzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-skoda-suberb-elegance-1-8-turbo-petrol-150-hp/22705616

edit.
    It seems to have sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's been mentioned a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

A lot of people have seen it and weren't impressed enough to go for it. Price is dropping fairly quickly. Should be selling for about €500 by the time bear1 gets back from Poland to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

NThmMGFiNGEyMzNjOTkwOTBiYTRlOTJhOGIyNDExOGYr3hZppIEDioD6L5j29TLeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzIwNjQ5MzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

€950 for a 07 Audi A4 1.9 TDi (S-Line)
    Naas Road dealer....Trade sale.... bla bla, NCT until May 2020 and even a bit of tax on it
    Eyes wide open etc, but surely unless it's a total ball of ****e, it's got to be worth that money all day long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

A lot of people have seen it and weren't impressed enough to go for it. Price is dropping fairly quickly. Should be selling for about €500 by the time bear1 gets back from Poland to buy it!

He'll fly him back to take it.

Haha gave me a good laugh.
    Tbh im also wondering why it hasn't sold yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Haha gave me a good laugh.
    Tbh im also wondering why it hasn't sold yet.

In my experience the main reason is that the seller is less than honest - story about car doesn't add up. After that it's usually that the car looks much worse in the flesh than the photos.

But in all fairness it could be that people are just hard low-balling or their expectations are simply too high.

If it was local I'd give it a glance to be sure, but I wouldn't travel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Haggle price would make this a nice buy!

NWZmODMyYzllYjYxNjZjMDZlYzU1MTY4MTVmMTU2MDQ7qGWD34S0Q_cSVprzX8tZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzIwOTE2NTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Its linking to wrong car, going to one for £5,200 in the North

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-vrs-fresh-nct/22915757

That's the one you posted the pic of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Its linking to wrong car, going to one for £5,200 in the North

Fixed, spotted when looking at other VRS'

Silly question incoming: What the hell's flexi-fuel?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kilboor wrote: »
    Haggle price would make this a nice buy!

NWZmODMyYzllYjYxNjZjMDZlYzU1MTY4MTVmMTU2MDQ7qGWD34S0Q_cSVprzX8tZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzIwOTE2NTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm curious how that seller (who has other cars for sale so isn't a novice) can make anything from that car at that asking price considering how much the car owes them given the claim it recently got a new timing belt & water pump, clutch and flywheel. You would spend well over 1k for all that work even from an indy plus he had to buy the car.

85Ron petrol, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

85Ron petrol, i think.

Nope. Flexfuel refers to engines that can run on E85 ethanol or petrol or a combination of both. E85 is 85% ethanol & 15% petrol, and has higher octane than normal fuel. You can't run ordinary engines on the stuff because it will eat away at all the rubber bits in the fuel system eventually. It was a thing in Ireland for 10 seconds back in the day, before the government took away the tax break. It's still big in the US, where it's made from subsidised excess corn, and in Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.maxol.ie/press-releases/archived-press-releases-ri/entry/end-of-road-for-e85-fuel

Pretty much that. It was short lived as the government added more duty onto it therefore it was no longer viable to sell.

Mainly Ford's and Volvos had the engines for them. However they have a shorter service interval and a more thirsty on regular petrol.

• Advertisement

TychoCaine wrote: »
    Nope. Flexfuel refers to engines that can run on E85 ethanol or petrol or a combination of both. E85 is 85% ethanol & 15% petrol, and has higher octane than normal fuel. You can't run ordinary engines on the stuff because it will eat away at all the rubber bits in the fuel system eventually. It was a thing in Ireland for 10 seconds back in the day, before the government took away the tax break. It's still big in the US, where it's made from subsidised excess corn, and in Brazil.

Yeah, that's what I meant, ability to run on either.

What would an X3 2.0D be like for 1599bill be like?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/406292819403113/permalink/2700488219983550/?sale_post_id=2700488219983550

A facebook marketplace link, if it works.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement