Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I remember the first time I drove one of those, the steering wheel freaked me out, had never seen such a weird floating wheel before.

Is that something you have to drive the car to notice. Never in one of those cars and from pics it looks like a normal wheel to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Funny how the Merc 1.5 are using Renault and obviously discussed before but some are disappointed especially after paying a huge premium for the badge.

Drove many of those 4x4 and was like driving a ship.... Float all over the shop.

I literally only drove one about 2 miles from one place to drop it off at another and it was horrific. If ever there's an all round bad car, that's it.

Is that something you have to drive the car to notice. Never in one of those cars and from pics it looks like a normal wheel to me.

As far as I can remember the wheel part moves but the centre bit always stays in the same spot. I never knew about it until I drove one. It's kindof cool, never really caught on for some reason.

Ah, here it is in action, kinda neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6d9gfj

This will explain the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah, the hub stays in the same position, only the wheel itself turns. It's mad in action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2008 ssangyong actyon

1550 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21484784

That's one horrible looking thing, especially with 1.3 million miles on the clock..

That's one horrible looking thing, especially with 1.3 million miles on the clock..

Closest thing we have to a Walter White car here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-1-9tdi-130-valid-nct-taxed-to-apr-2021/25880657

MDk2YWQ3NWM4ZTcyODllMDg2M2QzNmZlZDA1NDczODMJ9pIGwm_sdFHwM2UGNqPaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU4ODgxODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

130 BHP TDI A4 with NCT til February (May) 2021 and tax til April 2021, €700

Grand car for the money. Drive it into the ground til the tax runs out and it'll still surely make €3-400 or so on Donedeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

^Its the cheaper tax as well €390^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    ^Its the cheaper tax as well €390^

The other one which is even less has more power.... Tiid

slipperyox wrote: »

That’s a great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Dunno boys, I reckon that Saab is overpriced for what it is.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Respectable looking, up-in-years, cheap tax diesel with a towbar and reasonable miles, for less than a grand.

Hard to go wrong with change from a grand.

High mileage, 12 year old, no tax, tow bar probably seen a good bit of use.

More of an Eco-maniac.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dunno boys, I reckon that Saab is overpriced for what it is.

It's 900 euro car, no?

That is the going rate.

Not a bargain of a century, but reasonably priced.

Not like that SsangYong ;)

wonski wrote: »
    It's 900 euro car, no?

That is the going rate.

Not a bargain of a century, but reasonably priced.

Not like that SsangYong ;)

No.

High mileage, 12 year old, no tax, tow bar probably seen a good bit of use.

More of an Eco-maniac.

Room to haggle, would get someone out of a hole.... I wouldn't mind at all as I need to get something with more space.
    I'm hoping the tiid prices come down...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I remember the first time I drove one of those, the steering wheel freaked me out, had never seen such a weird floating wheel before.

I had the 5 door hatch version of the C4 in black too and same year. Bought new. Loved it and the quirky steering wheel although preferred the look and shape of the 3 door.
    After a few days driving you don't notice. Actually took longer to get used to a 'normal' steering wheel when we changed.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 ford mondeo 1.6 petrol

1350 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21484963

• Advertisement

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2008 ford mondeo 1.6 petrol

1350 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21484963

I know a guy who has put 500,000 km on one of those and has recently bought a brand new engine to put in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-swift-sport-1-6/25880744?campaign=3

Tend not to see these for sale too often. Swift Sport 1.6 with NCT till December and 2 months tax. Current owner has it 4 years. Bit rough looking but would tidy up well

I know a guy who has put 500,000 km on one of those and has recently bought a brand new engine to put in it.

He is doing what

He is doing what

Read it again.

Read it again.

Like a brand new part from Ford?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Like a brand new part from Ford?

I'd imagine so. They're known to go. Friend had an 09 one and couldn't get a 2nd hand engine anywhere. Ended up trading it in for scrappage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Would you be bothered!? The engine might be new but the rest of the car still has 500,000 on it.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I'd imagine so. They're known to go. Friend had an 09 one and couldn't get a 2nd hand engine anywhere. Ended up trading it in for scrappage

New engine would be around €5k?

Yes, it's a brand new engine from Ford, it cost him nowhere near that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

They don't want to have them in storage anymore, it will be much cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement