Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

grogi wrote: »
    They don't want to have them in storage anymore, it will be much cheaper.

Mad googling going on I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Read it again.

Oh I know.... But still he's doing what......

Why on earth would you put a new engine into something like that with half a million kilometres....
    That's mind boggling.

If it were some mad collectable like a Jag e type or something.

Oh I know.... But still he's doing what......

Why on earth would you put a new engine into something like that with half a million kilometres....
    That's mind boggling.

If it were some mad collectable like a Jag e type or something.

He likes the car, it has been serviced and looked after from day 1 by a main dealer regardless of expense, same fella knows an awful lot about cars and is not short of a bob either.

You'd probably be surprised how many really wealthy people drive around in old but very well looked after cars.

A few I've spoken to about it have reasoned that after buying it new and looking after it properly it would be crazy to sell a perfectly good car at a huge loss only to do the same thing again or buy something else that hasn't been as well looked after and will end up costing more money again.

The same people aren't mean by any stretch of the imagination or don't deny themselves expensive comforts, they just see buying a new car for the sake of having a new car as mind boggling as you think buying a new engine for a 12 year old Mondeo is.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

I know a guy who has put 500,000 km on one of those and has recently bought a brand new engine to put in it.

Would he not be afraid the new engine being fitted incorrectly as we saw with KKVs Citroen?

I personally think he's mad, but it's his money he can do as he please!
    Fair play to him though as it's probably the most environmentally friendly thing to but not the most financially

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would he not be afraid the new engine being fitted incorrectly as we saw with KKVs Citroen?

Fair play to him though as it's probably the most environmentally friendly thing to but not the most financially

How did you know about KKVs Citroen, that was years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

A new engine is a loose description. What was wrong with the existing one?

Is it a short engine, long engine, or one with all the ancillaries? Would it not be better to recondition the current one?

Bang of rereg off you.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Nice Reg to be parked across from a small forest.

Low mileage Fiesta, at the upper end of what these are worth, but from a dealer so that might appeal

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-ford-fiesta-1-2-only-62-000km/25816393

• Advertisement

Probably the first Suzuki Splash we’ve had on

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-suzuki-splash-1-0/25124219

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-murano-06-3-5-auto/25866916?campaign=3

ZWE0ZjI0NWM5ZmU3OTY1NzhiZTExZTEyYjkwNzY2MTmumgPcGPqtt6zL_SIOZAIraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU3ODgyNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

06 Murano with NCT til September 2021, €1750. Looks nice enough. No advisories on the test, new tyres etc

Weird to see one so cheap, but I suppose any of them that have somehow managed to not be exported are worth nothing here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-murano-06-3-5-auto/25866916?campaign=3

ZWE0ZjI0NWM5ZmU3OTY1NzhiZTExZTEyYjkwNzY2MTmumgPcGPqtt6zL_SIOZAIraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU3ODgyNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

06 Murano with NCT til September 2021, €1750. Looks nice enough. No advisories on the test, new tyres etc

Weird to see one so cheap, but I suppose any of them that have somehow managed to not be exported are worth nothing here anyway

I'd say with that tax bill he won't be able to give it away for free. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Little or no demand for a 14 year old large petrol engined SUV with an annual tax bill similar to it's asking price. In the past it could have been converted to a commercial but with those loop holes closed I cannot see the seller's phone ringing too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2005 ford fiesta petrol

550 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21495064

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭jharr100

Would the lights on the dash be a concern ?

jharr100 wrote: »
    Would the lights on the dash be a concern ?

I would guess it was dead or disconnected from sitting around.
    Would definitely need clearing and checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

since when is 300,000 kms low mileage?

....and those warning lights?

to me not at all appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Wouldn't pay more than 600/650 in my opinion. NCT is way too short, body work is worse than the ad describes "small mark" my hole. That's not low Kilometres either, I bought a B6 1.6 fsi with 170000 km, NCT to January 2021, and Tax for 2 months, for 800 quid back in February, mind you it wasn't an estate version but it was still the highline with all extras and everything working correctly.

Only problems I've had with it after 9000 kms are window regulator (my own fault opening in snowy/icey weather) and the EGR valve which I'm changing out today (cog teeth broke off for valve mechanism)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

since when is 300,000 kms low mileage?

22k km over 14 years, its actually below average mileage!

Yeah but it's a petrol.... I'd only be buying one of them if it were diesel.....

Says 202km on ad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

how is 13,000 miles a year below average mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Yeah but it's a petrol.... I'd only be buying one of them if it were diesel.....

Says 202km on ad

You're looking at the wrong ad I'd say :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

how is 13,000 miles a year below average mileage?

The accepted average these days is 30k km

Kilboor wrote: »
    You're looking at the wrong ad I'd say :P

Woops

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The accepted average these days is 30k km

the average mileage is 18,000 miles a year? according to who?

2006 nissan note 1.4 petrol
    950 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21498303

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

ODgwZWQyMDU4MDhhNjNiNzdlNDkyNzE1YTYzMDRiZDXtE5t3qifzEyANs3HpLz49aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ2Njg2ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Something a bit different
    Very clean 2004 Fiat Idea 1.4 petrol with low miles (75k miles)
    NCT done 2 weeks ago and valid until March 2021
    Asking price is €850, down form €950 last week

• Advertisement

2007 c4 grand picasso diesel

799 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/21501299

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement