Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Hate when you see a car with lime tint on the rear windows and a set of Argos hub caps. You know a week earlier, the car was on RS4's or the likes living a different life and they were sold off separately and half arsed job done covering up its past.

Cant complaint for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-fiat-croma-estate-nct-03-2020/23024358

MGJiM2JkZDY4OGYzNzhjZmQxZTFmZmRkOTA1ODdiMzFFKgEPTuUPfEknLXRe6awBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMwMDc4Mzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test till March 2020, €650. Could be an okay-ish buy for closer to 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-fiat-croma-estate-nct-03-2020/23024358

MGJiM2JkZDY4OGYzNzhjZmQxZTFmZmRkOTA1ODdiMzFFKgEPTuUPfEknLXRe6awBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMwMDc4Mzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test till March 2020, €650. Could be an okay-ish buy for closer to 500

Oul Alberto is fond of the !!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-fiat-punto-sporting/23044198

MjEwYjNjZGFiMGY0MDQ5NGMzZGE3OGFiMjMzMjIwNWY5VgZb_ncsB9s67LBwvFVwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMwNDc1Njl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking Punto Sporting with NCT till February 2020, tax till December and tiny miles. €1495

This is a smart looking car for the money

That's a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭Hoboo

terrydel wrote: »
    I'm sure he meant cream, the back seat looks like it's hardly been sat in. I doubt 'white' leather was even an option.

Maybe not sat in but possibly smoked in! White leather would be highly unusual though, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I've said it before, and stick by it, the Grande Punto are a great little car. They feel very solid and well built especially compared to the previous Mk2 model, rate highly in safety tests too, with a 5 star rating for occupants.

Like any car, they aren't without their common issues, but most of them are very simple fixes
    That one looks like a well minded car with low mileage alright!
    Nice find Duke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Had a sporting 1.9 of those puntos.
    Very very reliable and was quite ok with the power.
    Gearbox is a weak point on them which is a let down but they are very cheap car to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Punto Sporting is gone.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Punto Sporting is gone.

The ad only went up this morning, 50k miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

bazz26 wrote: »
    Punto Sporting is gone.
    No surprise - looked a cracking little car :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'm a bit shocked that a garage would take a trade in against a bargain basement €600 car but I might be out of touch. Looks grand for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I'm a bit shocked that a garage would take a trade in against a bargain basement €600 car but I might be out of touch. Looks grand for the money though.

Where there's muck, there's brass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭rn

Corolla luna from a dealer. Looks excellent in photos, despite mileage.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-luna-2006/23019054

Prob only offer a 100 quid off whatever car they take.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-glanza/23051679

YTBjZTNlODg2Y2VhZDlmYTE1MDJjZWMxMzNjZTRhNTIdR5qVe2pmzGR4LNChHINpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMxMDIwODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy-ish, relatively unmolested Glanza with long term owner, worth a grand?

NCT till June 2020 and a bit of tax

Sunroof model too. I'm so happy it's on the wrong side of the country to me.

Looks really nice, unfortunately a non turbo but still very cool.

That'll be bought and broken for parts before the end of the day. Uncut from bumper and non turbo bonnet are worth half the asking price alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I've never driven a glanza turbo - are they actually a great car or is it just a cult thing? Power to Weight looks good in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/trade-sale-2008-volvo-v50/21683498

So trade sale, needs an NCT and a 'bit smokey'

anyone any knowledge of these engines? smokiness could be some oil leak somewhere? gasket issue?

too risky even at that sort of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Not for this thread unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

lawred2 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/trade-sale-2008-volvo-v50/21683498

So trade sale, needs an NCT and a 'bit smokey'

anyone any knowledge of these engines? smokiness could be some oil leak somewhere? gasket issue?

too risky even at that sort of money?

Everything is fine but smokey when hot..... Hmm everything right then..... No NCT means not for this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

bear1 wrote: »
    Not for this thread unfortunately.

Probably not even for the fixerupper thread.

Those 1.8i engines are thirsty and underpowered as is never mind one with what most likely is oil burning issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've never driven a glanza turbo - are they actually a great car or is it just a cult thing? Power to Weight looks good in them.

That's non turbo.... Wonder though could a big turbo be fitted.... I like turbos.

It's a bit cult. By today's standards they are probably a lot less desirable but 10-15 years ago they were pretty exciting.

They're still good fun to drive, you know when you're going quick in one of them.

Those 1.8i engines are thirsty and underpowered as is never mind one with what most likely is oil burning issues.

That's what I pretty much expected

Everything is fine but smokey when hot..... Hmm everything right then..... No NCT means not for this thread

Sorry forgot the valid NCT rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's a bit cult. By today's standards they are probably a lot less desirable but 10-15 years ago they were pretty exciting.

They're still good fun to drive, you know when you're going quick in one of them.

Their tunability made them very exciting/popular too. A Tdo4 turbo and a bar of boost made for great fun.
    That's non turbo.... Wonder though could a big turbo be fitted.... I like turbos.

The older 4efe n/a engines found in the e10 corolla or the jap ep82 starlets are the ones to go for if thinking of the turbo route, they have the same rods as the 4efte.

The n/a glanzas have pretty much the same 4efe engine as e11 corollas and ep90 starlets which have thinner rods.

My mate had one back in the day, highly modded was unreal, he still talks about it to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If there's any Glanza to be talked about/youtubed then it's Cork Glanza :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Actually find mine fine around city tbh. It's the motorway where it becomes thirsty.

And yeah most do like a drop of oil, it's a common characteristic with that engine in Fords, Mazdas and Volvos. Oil usually tends to get passed the rings in them. Won't get too into it here but some believe it's to do with the way they ran in when brand new or the lack of pcv maintenance.

If you like the S40/V50 go for the 2.0 diesel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement