Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Just make sure the window cover does cover all glass and not just the windscreen as some policies cover windscreen only. Could be very wrong but something tells me that window could be saucy enough to replace.
    It is fairly light on test with it being out on the 5th of March (date the four month extension runs out).

Thats why it's a bit of a gamble, 2 months NCT isn't much, but given the low miles from the last NCT, that's unlikely to have caused any serious issues other than maybe rust or corrosion which could get worse just sitting in the driveway

I'd definitely be heading to look at it if it was anywhere near my 5km lockdown zone. The usual inspections apply but assuming you have windscreen cover that would cover the replacement back window, this car is about a grand under priced, which goes a long way to pay for minor work to get the NCT or replace the scratched bumper if you're worried about that

It's so hard to get a decent petrol Saab these days, I think they'll keep their value as long they're in roadworthy condition and the bodywork is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Polo Dune is gone, I'm a bit gutted, it was just too far to go for a car considering all the restrictions on travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I Was VB wrote: »
    They’ve been a mixed bag as a taxi, I’ve heard horror stories about them and I’ve heard lads who swear by them, only thing I’ve heard consistently is the autobox are very unreliable.

I've never seen an auto, anyone who'd taxi in an auto version deserves anything they get:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Akrasia wrote: »
    Thats why it's a bit of a gamble, 2 months NCT isn't much, but given the low miles from the last NCT, that's unlikely to have caused any serious issues other than maybe rust or corrosion which could get worse just sitting in the driveway

I'd definitely be heading to look at it if it was anywhere near my 5km lockdown zone. The usual inspections apply but assuming you have windscreen cover that would cover the replacement back window, this car is about a grand under priced, which goes a long way to pay for minor work to get the NCT or replace the scratched bumper if you're worried about that

It's so hard to get a decent petrol Saab these days, I think they'll keep their value as long they're in roadworthy condition and the bodywork is good.
    No, certain policies cover windscreen only and not any of the other glass in the car and that's for certain. I know that from getting umpteen quotes year in year out. That is likely the exception to the rule though and most will cover all glass. All I'm saying is you would want to double check beforehand if your buying it on that basis.

As you mention though a good once over before buying would be a must, as with any used car, just to make sure it is only minor work to get the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Polo Dune is gone, I'm a bit gutted, it was just too far to go for a car considering all the restrictions on travel.

Not surprised, it was a bargain.

• Advertisement

Not to worry it'll be back up plus rarity tax;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Not to worry it'll be back up plus rarity tax;)

Oh 100%... Bit of tyre shine and she'll be ready to go.

Oh 100%... Bit of tyre shine and she'll be ready to go.

Just serviced!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

7 seater with a few scrapes and bumps but only warm up mileage...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-auto-2006-7-seater-nct-03-21/26747935

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

7 seater with a few scrapes and bumps but only warm up mileage...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-auto-2006-7-seater-nct-03-21/26747935

Pics of 2 different cars inside twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Choice of auto or manual!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Well spotted, I'd presume picture 7 is shown by genuine mistake.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

ill take the Skoda looking interior, looks fresher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

NWM4YzU2MzNiNDFmN2RlOTlkMmRkMzAxNzAxM2MwYTRL1Y0eQkRDpu02u-GvXhhJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjkxMTU2Njh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-kia-ceed-diesel/27079502

2008 1.6 Kia Ceed Estate with 176k Miles. NCT to October and Tax to end of February. Cheap tax bracket (280 for year)

1450 euro

Nice colour

Kilboor wrote: »
    NWM4YzU2MzNiNDFmN2RlOTlkMmRkMzAxNzAxM2MwYTRL1Y0eQkRDpu02u-GvXhhJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjkxMTU2Njh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2008 1.6 Kia Ceed Estate with 176k Miles. NCT to October and Tax to end of February. Cheap tax bracket (280 for year)

1450 euro

Nice colour

Unusual colour for one of them. Would they be getting that kind of money? Work colleague, well ex work colleague at this stage bought an 11 one for 900 euro last year, he loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Unusual colour for one of them. Would they be getting that kind of money? Work colleague, well ex work colleague at this stage bought an 11 one for 900 euro last year, he loves it.

The cheapest 11 on Donedeal is €3k, fair to say he got quite a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seems way too cheap but if valid then fair play.

bear1 wrote: »
    Seems way too cheap but if valid then fair play.

He was stuck for a car at the time his own car had been hauled off to the scrapman terminal engine failure. The boss had the Kia he was going to put it up on DD it had massive mileage almost 300,000 miles and about 3 weeks test. He had to spend about another 500 to get it through the test. I met him in Aldi and it's flying it still. They're a nice aul yoke to drive, good enough on diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kilboor wrote: »

1450 euro

Nice colour
    Having had a DL reg car a few years back, I'd advise check for rust underneath, in case it lived close to the sea.

the_syco wrote: »
    Having had a DL reg car a few years back, I'd advise check for rust underneath, in case it lived close to the sea.

True true. More of a UK lineage than the Atlantic but you're spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭passatman86

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-1007-nct-taxed-low-mileage/27020598

I never even knew these existed
    Look at them slide doors lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-1007-nct-taxed-low-mileage/27020598

Look at them side doors lol

Side, are they not the front? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Look at them side doors lol

There awful looking yokes, if a bit quirky.

At that price though it would get you out if a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The electric sliding doors on those gave terrible trouble and crazy expensive to repair. That one seems a bit cheap imo so I'd pay especial attention to the doors.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Neighbour had one - he had limited mobility. I would think that is the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Saw a demo one mid 00s ,don't think I ever saw one on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Saw a demo one mid 00s ,don't think I ever saw one on the road

I worked in Peugeot when these were new. Them doors were very handy when you needed to get into a car when on a 2 post lift (not advisable)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Quazzie wrote: »
    I worked in Peugeot when these were new. Them doors were very handy when you needed to get into a car when on a 2 post lift (not advisable)

Handy yoke for collecting copper cylinders.......:D:D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ideal for a drive by or kidnapping.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Do the sliding doors only give access to the front seats ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement