Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 volvo s40 2.0 petrol R design

1400 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22855983

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Volvo is a great spot. The 800 tax would put a lot of people off though but thats lovely looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LPG converted Honda Accord for €650:

NTE4ZjAzZWE5NTMxODg1OGI4NDkyYmZmMWE2NGQ4ZGb24R5r6_M0CNp467nciC-ZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjU0MjYxNDd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-executive-model-lpg-converted/26794223

Bodywork is a bit rough and short NCT but could be cheap motoring for someone short term if there is a LPG station near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Gamble with that engine.....

Someone took the chance.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-frv-6-seater-immaculate-very-low-kms/27002078

Shortish test ..
    Might be worth a look with the low mileage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

jharr100 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-frv-6-seater-immaculate-very-low-kms/27002078

Shortish test ..

Practically no test, very dodgy the way he only shows part of the test sheet, pity as it looks to be a nice clean yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Think he's just doing that to cover up the owners name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Practically no test, very dodgy the way he only shows part of the test sheet, pity as it looks to be a nice clean yoke.

That's the previous NCT. It's the pass sheet, just taken out of folder that's why folded, that wouldn't put me off at all.

If it suits someone even short nct wouldn't put me off if give it a good going over as one should with any car.

NCT means absolutely nothing when it's gone out the door.

Shortish test ..

Could be my eyes but is the bonnet the same colour as the rest of the car? It doesn't seem to be as glossy.

If it's a straight honest car it should fly through the test and you'd wonder why he hasn't done it before trying to sell.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

That's the previous NCT. It's the pass sheet, just taken out of folder that's why folded, that wouldn't put me off at all.

If it suits someone even short nct wouldn't put me off if give it a good going over as one should with any car.

Until the new owner tries to bring it back in and finds out the reason it was sold in the first place. Why wouldn't the seller put a new test on it if it's that good a car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Exactly. Car looks great but you'd have to wonder why the owner wont nct it. I'd wager something expensive is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

are you being serious? At this level of the market it can literally mean the difference between a sale or a short trip to the scrapyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭User1998

Until the new owner tries to bring it back in and finds out the reason it was sold in the first place. Why wouldn't the seller put a new test on it if it's that good a car.

In fairness theres a 3 month waiting list for an NCT unless you log on late at night and get a cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Shortish test ..

Drivers door is damaged where it meets the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4/27212053

05 1.4vvti corolla
    Test till September
    Tax till the end of June

Fella I know is selling this. Honest car bought outta Al Hayes motors about 2 years ago I think. He'd be a real steady operator, car would have gotten zero abuse during his ownership. Few marks on the bumpers but no big dents, grand clean car inside.

His father has bought a new car so he has taken over the ownership of his old car.
    (It's the mondeo that can be seen 1 of the pics)

Asking €1100

He didn't ask me to post it here or anything but when I seen it for sale I said I'd throw it up here as it might suit someone.

are you being serious? At this level of the market it can literally mean the difference between a sale or a short trip to the scrapyard.

What I'm saying is doesn't matter what car it is, NCT doesn't prove the car is great or not.

What I'm saying is doesn't matter what car it is, NCT doesn't prove the car is great or not.

On the flip side lack of an NCT when it is due is a big red flag.

On the flip side lack of an NCT when it is due is a big red flag.

I get that...
    I wonder is it with covid they found it difficult, hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I get that...

They knew all year when it was due and had 90 days to test it early. No excuse really.

edit: And it would have been extended too due to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I get that...

If anything it's easier now, at least any time I've gone.

Personally I wouldn't go near a car that the price looks cheap and it's due an NCT but hasn't got one.

Think about it - If you had a good yoke you'd bring it in straight away, even if it costs you 200 or so to get it right you can add 500 to the asking price and you're way more likely to sell it. If a seller doesn't take that option... it probably isn't a good yoke and they more than likely already know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

2ndcoming wrote: »
    If anything it's easier now, at least any time I've gone.

Personally I wouldn't go near a car that the price looks cheap and it's due an NCT but hasn't got one.

Think about it - If you had a good yoke you'd bring it in straight away, even if it costs you 200 or so to get it right you can add 500 to the asking price and you're way more likely to sell it. If a seller doesn't take that option... it probably isn't a good yoke and they more than likely already know that.
    2 adds recently on adverts i was looking at car with no NCT, comment "but will fly through it" if it was the case for €55 you would take it in have a full NCT,car would sell much quicker, you have to been stupid even replying to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shortish test ..
    NCT due 21/02/21 & showing the NCT pass papers of the last test sounds like they've been trying to sell it since last year. So I wonder what is wrong with it. Showing the car with all the warning lights on is odd. Hiding something in plain sight?

"Original spare tire as new" - it not being in sunlight, I'm wondering is it still good?

the_syco wrote: »
    NCT due 21/02/21 & showing the NCT pass papers of the last test sounds like they've been trying to sell it since last year. So I wonder what is wrong with it. Showing the car with all the warning lights on is odd. Hiding something in plain sight?

"Original spare tire as new" - it not being in sunlight, I'm wondering is it still good?

Tire... Enough said..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rn

On the frv, it photos well and is very clean looking. I'd get over the tires v tyres.

But without an nct it's worth closer to 1000 IMHO. With a clean, fresh nct I'd be prepared to pay asking price and take a gamble on cheap motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

rn wrote: »
    On the frv, it photos well and is very clean looking. I'd get over the tires v tyres.

But without an nct it's worth closer to 1000 IMHO. With a clean, fresh nct I'd be prepared to pay asking price and take a gamble on cheap motoring.
    Agreed. So many people seem to have practically adopted the American English now at this stage anyway. Its not a spelling test anyway. Its probably a small misdemeanour compared to the level of atrocious grammar and punctuation in many ad's.

On the other hand having practically no NCT makes the asking price fair strong though, whether or not you consider the NCT the be all and end all or believe it does not mean jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Shortish test ..

Seller:
    "Better value & alternative for those looking for a cheap 7 seater."

There's only 6 seats, what would one do with the 7th person ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Seller:

There's only 6 seats, what would one do with the 7th person ??

Get the 7th person to stay up late and book the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

If you had a choice - what engine would you go for in those fr-v
    There's different petrol engines on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pekarirska

1i5ap0.jpg
    Seller:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A 6 seater isn’t as good as a 7 seater if you need 7 seats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement