Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It has test til 08/07/21
    Drivers seat could do with a clean - is that your idea of a manky interior on a 21 year old car?

Going by the disc the test is out in a few weeks never mind that covid extension lark, both front seats and the rear passenger seat are disgusting, for the money he's asking the least he could do is test it and clean it properly, it isn't difficult to prepare a car for sale especially when he thinks it's in showroom condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There’s a pattern on the seats. You can see it on the back seat. The test date I quoted is the expiry as per the NCT site.
    There’s little point in arguing this with you using facts I’m afraid, so I’ll bow out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

There’s a pattern on the seats. You can see it on the back seat. The test date I quoted is the expiry as per the NCT site.
    There’s little point in arguing this with you using facts I’m afraid, so I’ll bow out now.

Ah even with the print it's pretty mank inside. Either way he's listening price is €750 now :D

The facts are, yes there's a pattern on the seats but they're still filthy and the nct disc says 03/21, centres are open so there's nothing stopping him getting a proper test on it. That's what I would do if I was trying to flog a 21 year old snail for ridiculous money, maybe I'm too fussy for your liking that's just me (and a few others)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Going by the disc the test is out in a few weeks never mind that covid extension lark, both front seats and the rear passenger seat are disgusting, for the money he's asking the least he could do is test it and clean it properly, it isn't difficult to prepare a car for sale especially when he thinks it's in showroom condition.

The NCT is out July due to Covid extension. It can't even be tested until 8th April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭User1998

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The facts are, yes there's a pattern on the seats but they're still filthy and the nct disc says 03/21, centres are open so there's nothing stopping him getting a proper test on it. That's what I would do if I was trying to flog a 21 year old snail for ridiculous money, maybe I'm too fussy for your liking that's just me (and a few others)

So you want this €750 car to come with a fresh nct and a full valet. Would you like a warranty with it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'96 Ford Probe 2.0
    NCT Jan '22
    116k miles
    Rakes of owners

It's different if nothing else!
    Is it mad expensive?

Asking €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-ford-probe-2l-16v-3dr-new-nct-tax/27189857?campaign=3

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

User1998 wrote: »
    So you want this €750 car to come with a fresh nct and a full valet. Would you like a warranty with it as well?

Plus full tank of petrol please 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Probe 2.5 v6 would be the right choice imo

User1998 wrote: »

Stop being an eejit, an hour with a vacuum cleaner and a basin of water with a drop of washing up liquid would have those seats spotless, the seller should do that not the buyer( if one ever turns up)

• Advertisement

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Plus full tank of petrol please 🥳

It's diesel...

W123-80's wrote: »
    '96 Ford Probe 2.0
    NCT Jan '22
    116k miles
    Rakes of owners

Is it mad expensive?

Asking €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-ford-probe-2l-16v-3dr-new-nct-tax/27189857?campaign=3

Looks lovely, proper NCT. Hard to know if it's too expensive they're very scarce now.

Another mk2 Prius, this one has loads of test, and has the Luxury Pack, so has the 9 speaker JBL system with CD changer, cruise control and fog lights.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/today-prius-new-nct-09-03-22/27191996

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jaysus Colm you don't post too many but in fairness when you do they are beauties.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

'96 Ford Probe 2.0
    NCT Jan '22
    116k miles
    Rakes of owners

Is it mad expensive?

Asking €1,950

Has to be the worst power rating for a 2 litre engine. There are N/A 1.4's with the same power rating as this sporty looking 2 litre probe.
    kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Probe 2.5 v6 would be the right choice imo

Better performance sure but again really bad power rating for engine size.

What was Ford thinking we will release a sporty looking car in nothing but looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I debated posting that ages ago. Think it was €1250 originally way before Christmas. It’s coming into it’s actual worth now.

Mad to think that they even offered the Mk5 golf with the sdi engine

Didn't another dealer type fella in Dublin have it before that aswell for a similar sorta price. Back round 2019.

It'd make a grand van conversion for tipping about in. Decent comfort levels and the extra bit of space being an estate; no emissions stuff to go wrong either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Another mk2 Prius, this one has loads of test, and has the Luxury Pack, so has the 9 speaker JBL system with CD changer, cruise control and fog lights.

I’m guessing a 15+ year old Prius would have knackered battery pack?

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I’m guessing a 15+ year old Prius would have knackered battery pack?

Not necessarily. It’s easy enough on a test drive to tell from the dashboard battery monitor whether it does or not. The batteries are modular anyway so not beyond most people’s capabilities to change some of the cells.

You’d definitely need to be watching out for it alright, but it wouldn’t put me off Prius’s at all.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily. It’s easy enough on a test drive to tell from the dashboard battery monitor whether it does or not. The batteries are modular anyway so not beyond most people’s capabilities to change some of the cells.

You’d definitely need to be watching out for it alright, but it wouldn’t put me off Prius’s at all.
    Now that you mention it, isn’t there an obd reader and app that’ll give you a lot more info about the battery health? I think I’d be investing in one if I was looking at aged hybrids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

'96 Ford Probe 2.0
    NCT Jan '22
    116k miles
    Rakes of owners

Is it mad expensive?

Asking €1,950

I had the 2.5L version of this in the US in the late 90's.
    Loved every minute of it.
    Probes were built in the same factory as the Mazda MX6 and had the MX6 engine.

Not sure if this 2L has a Ford or Mazda engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

A lot of people will regret not buying that probe.

buy, when nobody else is buying and sell when nobody else has one for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Has to be the worst power rating for a 2 litre engine. There are N/A 1.4's with the same power rating as this sporty looking 2 litre probe.

Better performance sure but again really bad power rating for engine size.

What was Ford thinking we will release a sporty looking car in nothing but looks.

I read somewhere that it was meant to be the new mustang but the backlash was severe and rightly so... So it ended up being a Mazda 626 with a blue oval badge.

Always hated them, one of those never cool cars, like a capri.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Have bought (and sold) a few Prius’ from and to this guy. He reconditions the batteries himself (or changes cells).

I bought an 05 with 293k from him in August 2019 for €1200, sold it back to him a few weeks ago on about 320k. Loaned it out to loads of people in that time and gave it plenty of abuse but never had any trouble at all from it.

Edit, it’s the blue one he has in his ads. I put it through an NCT before Christmas and it passed with no advisories. Tyres are indeed brand new too. A decent car for someone in the market.

Edit 2, the black one is probably a nicer buy all things considered. Good spec, looks tidy, hasn’t had loads of owners etc. That 189 km will be miles though

I read somewhere that it was meant to be the new mustang but the backlash was severe and rightly so... So it ended up being a Mazda 626 with a blue oval badge.

How dare you take the name of the Capri in vain.

Blasphemer!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Fully agree about the Capri. Never understood the love for them. That was available with a 1.3! Ford have form when it comes to putting underpowered lumps in cars.

The most annoying thing about the Capri was the way people mispronounced it.

I agree, the only way it should be pronounced is ... wow.

• Advertisement

How the heck can you mispronounce that?
    I’ve never heard anybody pronounce it Capri(sun)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement