Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Volvo V50 in the right trim (R-design), colour and engine (2.0 diesel) and on the chape tax as well
    NCT 02/22 (was tested on Saturday looking at the disc) taxed to 04/21 as well.
    Asking 2.5k, sure there's swinging room on that (says they're emigrating)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-volvo-v50-r-design/27237523

There are 266k miles on that! How much more mileage could you expect/hope to cover with that 2.0 Deisel engine? It's a lovely car in every other aspect..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I have a huge fear of dieselgate era 1.6 TDIs and their appetite for expensive EGR valves.

Can be bypassed ya see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I have a huge fear of dieselgate era 1.6 TDIs and their appetite for expensive EGR valves.

Ahh will ya stop, there's a million and one Polish lads that would sort that in an afternoon, if it hasn't been sorted already.

But you already know that...

job seeker wrote: »
    There are 266k miles on that! How much more mileage could you expect/hope to cover with that 2.0 Deisel engine? It's a lovely car in every other aspect..

It's bangernomics, you roll the dice and see what happens. Obviously you check it carefully and try and verify any service history that's shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ahh will ya stop, there's a million and one Polish lads that would sort that in an afternoon, if it hasn't been sorted already.

But you already know that...

Are they going to take the DPF out as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

How bloody nice are wagons lads? Last two cars you wouldn't even have a second look at only for the fact they're wagons. Far nicer in that guise than saloon imo.

BMW, Audi, Volvo always look nicer in wagons than saloons. Rare here compared to saloons though.

Love wagons. Some cars really do look smarter as a wagon.

Look at the new 508. Gorgeous and all as the saloon is, the estate is a sploosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-2-0t/27247598

MTEzNjZhYzQ1M2M0YzFkZWIyNTIwMGUzNTljOTZhZTVtFLvwNtpL1KFtjHHFpYluaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzExNDczMzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NGYyMmQ2MGRmMmMyNjg3MmEyZTY1Zjc4NDFkNzNlZDLV1fh1jjMuIW5yijQZrgCyaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzExNDczMzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm not usually a fan of these but in the right spec they're still a very good looking car

2.0t Arc 9-3, test til September, €1000. I think this is a lot of car for a bag of sand

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-n-c-td-low-tax/27257470

YmIxYzk0OGZmMjQ5ZWM2YTMzYzgwNmUwZmFmNTU3OWV_qcQ2UvBaMfNImRtEK2JEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzEyNzEyNzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax Mk2 Octavia with decent spec and test til August, €1650

Handy and respectable car for the money. Looks very tidy too

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-2-0t/27247598

MTEzNjZhYzQ1M2M0YzFkZWIyNTIwMGUzNTljOTZhZTVtFLvwNtpL1KFtjHHFpYluaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzExNDczMzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NGYyMmQ2MGRmMmMyNjg3MmEyZTY1Zjc4NDFkNzNlZDLV1fh1jjMuIW5yijQZrgCyaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzExNDczMzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm not usually a fan of these but in the right spec they're still a very good looking car

2.0t Arc 9-3, test til September, €1000. I think this is a lot of car for a bag of sand

Love that colour. Shame the ad is a wee bit sparse. Especially seeing as it's a while away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That skoda is a serious find Duke. It's had some valet!!

• Advertisement

Are they going to take the DPF out as well?

Obviously, surely you aren't getting all tree huggy in a bangernomics thread are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Check out the clio exhaust

Was just gonna ask, surely thats not standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Octavia is gone.

Obviously, surely you aren't getting all tree huggy in a bangernomics thread are you?

Oh for the day that the likes of you get lifted for that shíte!:mad::mad::mad:

The DPF is there for a reason, not everything is to inconvenience Cobo despite what you might think.

The DPF is there for a reason, not everything is to inconvenience Cobo despite what you might think.

My dpf is perfectly fine thank you. I'm not inconvenienced in the slightest. If I had an 11 year old Passat going into limp mode.... I wouldn't be spending a 4 figure sum keeping it on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nope. But instead of spending €2300 and then another €500 odd on blanking EGR and removing DPF, and still have the likes of injectors hanging over me, I’d just buy something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Jesus you made some rash assumptions with that post :D:D

I dunno. The glib post history and glib follow-up seem to indicate I wasn't too far off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Falls into the bangernomics category, but really posting to see if someone can tell me what that is reflecting in picture 6?!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-grand-vitara/27265241

I miss Saab’s- there’s definitely a gap in the market with their demise that’s never really been filled
    Great looking car on outside for a 17 year old car- wonder what the interior says _ had a previous model 93 205hp petrol turbo - brought a smile to my face every time I hit the accelerator - MPG desperate-everything that could go wrong did- but had 2 years no hassle motoring eventually before trading it in - if you just needed a second car, I still wouldn’t buy this I’m afraid/ it will be a money pit - luxobarges thread will put up better value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I miss Saab’s- there’s definitely a gap in the market with their demise that’s never really been filled
    Great looking car on outside for a 17 year old car- wonder what the interior says _ had a previous model 93 205hp petrol turbo - brought a smile to my face every time I hit the accelerator - MPG desperate-everything that could go wrong did- but had 2 years no hassle motoring eventually before trading it in - if you just needed a second car, I still wouldn’t buy this I’m afraid/ it will be a money pit - luxobarges thread will put up better value

I love them also, they're not that hard to maintain as basically lots of vectra parts will fit.

Falls into the bangernomics category, but really posting to see if someone can tell me what that is reflecting in picture 6?!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-grand-vitara/27265241

Ha ha!

elbow pit! But for a brief moment...

I dunno. The glib post history and glib follow-up seem to indicate I wasn't too far off the mark.

You're right, you dunno as you put it. You're fairly glib yourself with your assumptions. I don't drive a car with the dpf removed if that's what you're implying, not that it's any of your business whether I do or not.

Nothing unusual on this site. He's assuming I'm driving around with my dpf in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Put the handbags away ladies

McCrack wrote: »
    Put the handbags away ladies

New mod alert:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭User1998

08 Highline Passat with cheap tax. Short NCT but you’d surely have it tested for a couple of hundred quid. Think the seller has been mentioned here a few times?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27123341

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Genuine question, Whats worse for the environment....

A, Remove a DPF / Blank EGR and keep an existing car on the road for a few years.

OR

B, Scrap the car and go buy a new one that's got to be built then transported half way around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

E36Ross wrote: »
    Genuine question, Whats worse for the environment....

A, Remove a DPF / Blank EGR and keep an existing car on the road for a few years.

OR

B, Scrap the car and go buy a new one that's got to be built then transported half way around the world.

Well to be honest the people behind the cancer pipe will be the ones to suffer most.

The amount of diesels I do be behind spewing out absolute sh1te, the smell and it can be for quite some distance before you catch up with them.....

I would love to see these items as part of the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

User1998 wrote: »
    08 Highline Passat with cheap tax. Short NCT but you’d surely have it tested for a couple of hundred quid. Think the seller has been mentioned here a few times?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27123341

He has indeed. Has about 5 accounts and uses different womens names for each. Also lives in Longford, Meath and Dublin. Guess it depends on what cross dressing outfit he puts on for the day!

Not sure that's great value with NCT out so soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement