Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could have had a spinner yoke bolted on and then another steering wheel swapped.

Has to have been an elderly driver.

Even if the mileage is legit, I dont have feel nostalgia with those Colts, and I don’t think many others do either. I think the price is ambitious, but then again it would probably have a lot of value in a few years if the mileage is right

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how old does a car have to be to be classed as vintage?

and does a vintage have to be nct'ed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

fryup wrote: »

90 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

fryup wrote: »

30 and need NCT, exempt over 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nice way to move stuff for €1500. Comes with 6 weeks tax and NCT to 09/21. Was only NCT'd a couple of weeks ago and has had a bit of work done on it. Plenty of toys and big miles. The Ad seems honest.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e200-nct11-21-tax3-21/27150612

Nice car but whats he on about backdating the nct?
    If you got your nct extended by 4 months, then once the test was done it was valid from the extended date for a further 12 months no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Right. Some how didn't notice that till you said it but the digit's are crooked so may have been tampered with. And then also the wear on steering wheel which I doubt was done in 18k.

Wear takes time, staining can happen in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

To me it just looks like the steering wheel is dirty. Everything low mileage doesn't have to be clocked.

It's clearly been valeted but even at that the car is too clean for what it is to have done 118k miles. To me, one of those from that era that had covered that kind of mileage would definitely have some surface rust showing around the lower body or steel wheels, wear on the carpet between the clutch and brake, shine to the steering wheel and gear knob etc.

That being said, the drivers side lower dash panel does look like it's been crudely riveted back together and there is something hanging down behind it, the O/S front bumper is sat back in place with self tapping screws and the exhaust heat shield and rocker cover have clearly been painted to tidy up the engine bay.

Tidied up for a sale? Yeah, but to me at least, probably not clocked. Sure if you were going to clock it you would at least clock it to something believable, if that fella went back any further he may aswell have went back to zero and said "new unused Colt barn find" or some ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

This one sold on Donedeal recently for €3500. 67k miles

ODg0ODE5ZmQ0MjY5NjM4MWQzZTAwNzdkY2IzOWUwYTLbEIn6ev0pKfsa9bRwwIj3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIyMDUxNTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MWIxMjVmOWE2MWUyZWQzOWM4NmQ4MzFkM2EyZDY0NWKX4ggvCuBRx1A_3J_1hFrWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIyMDMyMDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YmY1ODBhMWQ5OWY4NjQyYjQ5NDYxYjVkNmQwMjQxZjM_nkQ6Mh6WOlNakFyiBwFgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIyMDUxNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

You'd very easily tell if the example linked last night was an 18k or 118k car by viewing it. Sure it doesn't look perfect in the photos but all of the mint looking low mileage cars you see online from Deane Motors and the likes have hours of prep put into them to make them look good.

I've bought plenty of low mileage Yaris' and Micras from convents over the last few years and they all tend to be a bit abused. The old "1 careful lady owner" cliche is very misleading in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

The old "1 careful lady owner" cliche is very misleading in my experience.
    I have to agree with that. I'm sure we've all seen old ladies pulling off in their Micra's/ Starlet's/ Yaris revving the ****e out of them with the clutch half engaged and not really going anywhere. I've seen a few of them bump hard enough of a bollard or high kerb and it didn't seem to faze them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citrion-c4-picasso-1-6-hid-new-nct-01-22-automatic/27280460

2008 Citroen Picasso 1.6 HDI Automatic
    171k km,
    NCT 01/2022
    Asking €1,250.

I know them 1.6 HDI engines can be iffy but were talking a pretty cheap relatively modern and respectable looking 2008 low motor tax 7 seater here - no doubt in demand and surely worth a punt at this price. VTR+ trim level has a few goodies too I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citrion-c4-picasso-1-6-hid-new-nct-01-22-automatic/27280460

2008 Citroen Picasso 1.6 HDI Automatic
    171k km,
    NCT 01/2022
    Asking €1,250.

I know them 1.6 HDI engines can be iffy but were talking a pretty cheap relatively modern and respectable looking 2008 low motor tax 7 seater here - no doubt in demand and surely worth a punt at this price. VTR+ trim level has a few goodies too I'm guessing.

A squint at his other ads wouldn't inspire confidence. If that's not on the verge of sh*tting a bucket of nuts I'd be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I've bought plenty of low mileage Yaris' and Micras from convents over the last few years and they all tend to be a bit abused.

disgraceful, not only did they abuse single mothers...but they also did it to small cars

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A squint at his other ads wouldn't inspire confidence. If that's not on the verge of sh*tting a bucket of nuts I'd be very surprised.
    Car was bought in December, put through the NCT, and now being sold for €1,250? I wonder how much he paid for it? At least 5 owners I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

the_syco wrote: »
    Car was bought in December, put through the NCT, and now being sold for €1,250? I wonder how much he paid for it? At least 5 owners I'd guess.

I'd say the inside of the engine bay is either spotless or black as tar from a failing turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'd say the inside of the engine bay is either spotless or black as tar from a failing turbo.

Scrubbed to within an inch of its life I'd wager:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-2-0-petrol-nct-05-2022/27287140

ZmE5MzU0NmNjNDkwMjIyM2NlNzg2YTYwMmE0NjMxYTbWPm14vU1ipKpArRBJ-UioaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NDY2MDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is lovely. Nice looking A4 2.0 pez with 65k miles with a nice plate and NCT til May 2022, €1250

I'd say this would be a gem. Pity it hasn't a nicer engine option

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, I think they were only something like 115bhp. 1.8t would have been much nicer. Another funny thing is it has lovely beige leather interior yet wind up windows in the rear. Irish cars had odd specs back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

windy windows are welcome imo. don't break.

Would be a nice yoke to mothball for 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The window winder can break too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭passatman86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

bazz26 wrote: »
    The window winder can break too.

The persons arm that winds the window can also break:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

More luck to him. It was underpriced at €1500, assuming it’s in good condition.
    Drivers side quarter panel has some damage at the bottom and I think there’s a pretty large ripple up high there too but it’s hard to tell.

2504-D29-F-5476-4992-8-D9-F-0042-D083-F162.jpg
    2-C801-A32-959-F-4-D96-AE06-F48074-C6-E5-D0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-2-0-petrol-nct-05-2022/27287140

ZmE5MzU0NmNjNDkwMjIyM2NlNzg2YTYwMmE0NjMxYTbWPm14vU1ipKpArRBJ-UioaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NDY2MDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is lovely. Nice looking A4 2.0 pez with 65k miles with a nice plate and NCT til May 2022, €1250

I'd say this would be a gem. Pity it hasn't a nicer engine option

What a lovely car.
    In any sane society there would be queue of buyers for that motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

W123-80's wrote: »
    What a lovely car.

Some value there!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2007 ford s.max titanium 2.0 diesel

950 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22954708

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2009 kia rio 1.5 diesel

Should be one of the most economic cars to drive

1700eur

http://www.adverts.ie/22953018

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What a lovely car.

It'll be up on deane motors for 30k if they see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

What a lovely car.
    All people see now is the annual tax rate and the €700 sends them running, which is fine. Leaves plenty of bargains for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Kind of. It's a nice clean example of an A4 but the 2.0 is undersirable in them. If someone is looking for a petrol A4 the 1.8t is quicker, cheaper to tax and more economical. At that price bracket though, beggars cant be chosers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It'll be up on deane motors for 30k if they see it.

I paid 23K for one but a long time ago it was some Car that time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement