Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I could be wrong but guessing it may have being a typo error and he may have meant meant 196,560km? I'm no VAG expert but otherwise I would have thought that the timing belt change intervals was much much less than 111k odd km on these that it is currently on. So much so that anyone who otherwise seen to the servicing of their car well would have got that belt changed a long time back rather than leaving it go that overdue. Either way a phone call to the seller should clear that up quickly enough.

According to seller,

It would be required to change in another 20,000km.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc70/27288939

MzNlZWU2OWVhMGJjOTZjYTgxZTQ1MjcxZTNiNjNjNTdiYmYg5lJeybgvb_LYMYrHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE2NzExMDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

07 XC70 with NCT til January 2022, €1850

This looks like a nice car under the dirt. Original Irish example

The tax on that is criminal, it would nearly be worth it to convert it to commercial.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

The tax on that is criminal, it would nearly be worth it to convert it to commercial.
    Gearboxes a bit fragile as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Gearboxes a bit fragile as well?

Herra, I'm getting fragile meself at this stage so it might be no harm.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-s-line-estate-2005/27308974

MTgxYzEzMzRjZTkwYjc4NWI0NTkzY2IwYWU1NDU4NGYfA8PsfqfO4AD2_HziHxMaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4OTQ0ODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nicely spec'd A4 avant with a bit of tax and NCT til August, €1650

Same owner since 2010. This looks lovely

Gone !!

• Advertisement

Herra, I'm getting fragile meself at this stage so it might be no harm.
    Yep, know the feeling. No harm until it goes bang 30 mins after you buy it.
    If it’s same running gear as xc90, a 5 minute test drive won’t reveal any issues. Gearbox needs to be got up to operating temperature before it reveals any nasty stuff.
    Always liked the XC90 (even though they’re a bit mumsy) but was put off buying one because of the gearbox issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Another nice A4, this one Tdi. Fresh NCT, heated leather, bose and cruise control. Classy yoke

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27271632

That looks great, the buttons on the climate control aren't even worn. Great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    According to seller,

It would be required to change in another 20,000km.
    It might be the case that I'm somewhat tuned out at this stag of the evening but I don't see the seller saying that in the ad though. What I do see him saying on it is....Timing belt & water pump done at 96.560km.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It might be the case that I'm somewhat tuned out at this stag of the evening but I don't see the seller saying that in the ad though. What I do see him saying on it is....Timing belt & water pump done at 96.560km.

It doesn't , i contacted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-passat-nct-11-21/27310261
    2005 Passat 1.9 TDI;
    153k miles;
    NCT 11/2021
    Asking €580

I know these are far from the most liked VW's ever but surely at this price its worth a go to the right person. Actually looks fairly clean.

These have the reliable PD engines? Anything else to consider on them reliabilitywise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Yep, know the feeling. No harm until it goes bang 30 mins after you buy it.
    If it’s same running gear as xc90, a 5 minute test drive won’t reveal any issues. Gearbox needs to be got up to operating temperature before it reveals any nasty stuff.
    Always liked the XC90 (even though they’re a bit mumsy) but was put off buying one because of the gearbox issues.
    The box's that tow were supposed to have an extra oil cooler unit fitted - for the box.
    I am not saying that right but there was definitely an extra oil module added to the gearbox when you were using it for towing.
    Sometimes this wasn't done as it was an add on, or aftermarket, and therefore gearboxes overheated and gave the reputation of being weak/mush.
    I had this same concern when I had an S80 and this was the info I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Gone !!

Back again.

Strike that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Back again.

Says Trevor it's sold.
    He changed the timing belt was done at 188k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Says Trevor it's sold.
    He changed the timing belt was done at 188k

Ah, so it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

2008 A6 C6 Avant, 140hp, auto - €1,950
    160,000 km

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/27253383

Just a little to old for the cheap tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He mentions DSG service yet it's a multitronic gearbox. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

160,000 km

Too high emissions for the cheap tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I think that'd be €750 on co2 tax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I think that'd be €750 on co2 tax

€710 only!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

160,000 km

It’s rare to find a 10+ year old German saloon that hasn’t been adorned with black alloys and German style registration plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    It’s rare to find a 10+ year old German saloon that hasn’t been adorned with black alloys and German style registration plates.

The 9 previous owners is just the icing on the cake too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bazz26 wrote: »

I think it was someone on here who christened it the "multi chronic" box.

I think it was someone on here who christened it the "multi chronic" box.

I believe that was Tossy.

bazz26 wrote: »

Are you sure??
    Thought VAG had fully moved over to the DSG box for the diesels at least by 2008.
    Thought the multitronic hung on for a while in the 1.6 petrol.
    Happy to be educated though.

Are you sure??
    Thought VAG had fully moved over to the DSG box for the diesels at least by 2008.
    Thought the multitronic hung on for a while in the 1.6 petrol.
    Happy to be educated though.

Nah, B8 A4 TDI had Multitronic too, C6 A6 came out in 2004 and still had it in 08. Even the C7 A6 had a mixture of Multitronic and DSG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nah, B8 A4 TDI had Multitronic too, C6 A6 came out in 2004 and still had it in 08. Even the C7 A6 had a mixture of Multitronic and DSG

Ah cool, thought the DSG had become the best thing since sliced bread before 2008.

Ah cool, thought the DSG had become the best thing since sliced bread before 2008.

Sure 16 valve engines were quite the thing since the 90s too, but Audi didn’t have to bother.

Sure 16 valve engines were quite the thing since the 90s too, but Audi didn’t have to bother.
    The DSG box was a game changer, it turned gearbox design on its head and most if not all manufacturers struggled to catch up with their own versions. Not sure 4 valve (and even 5 valve) per cylinder heads were quite as much of a revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

The centre console and 'infotainment' system on that gen audi has aged very badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Too high emissions for the cheap tax.

It's on CCs @ 710. It would be 280 on emissions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement