Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's on CCs @ 710. It would be 280 on emissions.

If it would have been €280 on emissions it would be €280.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

colm_mcm wrote: »

What?

The NCT date is June, so I think it's fair to assume it's a June 2008 car and just missed the emissions rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Only the facelift model was €280 tax, the pre facelift on co2 tax (there was a few registered) were most definitely €750

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Only the facelift model was €280 tax, the pre facelift on co2 tax (there was a few registered) were most definitely €750

Ah, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No they weren't, there was one for sale here in a local dealership for ages and the tax was very high (for emissions tax) I think it was the 570 band.

Even worse it was 750.

• Advertisement

What?

The NCT date is June, so I think it's fair to assume it's a June 2008 car and just missed the emissions rate.

You’d get the emissions tax either way once it’s 08

The reason it’s not cheap tax is because it isn’t an Ultra, it’s an old type 138hp and the emissions are around 180g

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No they weren't, there was one for sale here in a local dealership for ages and the tax was very high (for emissions tax) I think it was the 570 band.

Even worse it was 750.

Read for context:

If it were on emissions tax it would have been nailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Read for context:

If it were on emissions tax it would have been nailed.

God you're such a dick...
    For the record I called them multi-chronic not your buddy Tossy..

Sorry, I don’t know who you’re a rereg of.

I wouldn’t take things so personally. You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Are you sure??
    Thought VAG had fully moved over to the DSG box for the diesels at least by 2008.
    Thought the multitronic hung on for a while in the 1.6 petrol.
    Happy to be educated though.

I think only the Quattro models started getting DSG back then. All the front wheel drive ones soldiered on with the multitronic. Even the newer A6 model kept the multitronic on the front wheel drive versions until the 2015 facelift. The DSG is light years ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Banned.

At last...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Banned.

Thank Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

There are a notable few more on the forum who's manners leaves a lot to be desired and that's me putting it nicely. Ironically they often show themselves to up as knowing jack all about the topic in hand. Thankfully they are the exception to the rule though and great forum otherwise. Anyway, more about what this thread is about....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-peugeot-207-1-4-diesel-new-n-c-t-/26827129
    2008 Pug 207 1.4 HDI
    NCT 03/2022
    That 124k km mentioned in the ad is showing as miles on the previous NCT disc.
    Cheap motor tax at €200 pa.
    Nice little motor for someone starting out driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ian OB

The weather will pick up eventually. Nice little number for the summer sun here

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-206cc/26690359

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ian OB wrote: »
    The weather will pick up eventually. Nice little number for the summer sun here

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-206cc/26690359

I hate that in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

MGF, 2003, same owner for last 7 years. Nice driver these. Low miles. Slightly over budget at €2,400 but it has 2 months tax on it and NCT to 07/21.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-rover-mg-cabriolet/27300263?campaign=3

YjMxNTZhYWRiYjFmYTVlYjJjMjQxZTAzNmI2ZTNhNWXfxQFlyFZsLQJqeRK6ERhuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE3OTc1NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

There are a notable few more on the forum who's manners leaves a lot to be desired and that's me putting it nicely. Ironically they often show themselves to up as knowing jack all about the topic in hand. Thankfully they are the exception to the rule though and great forum otherwise. Anyway, more about what this thread is about....

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-peugeot-207-1-4-diesel-new-n-c-t-/26827129
    2008 Pug 207 1.4 HDI
    NCT 03/2022
    That 124k km mentioned in the ad is showing as miles on the previous NCT disc.
    Cheap motor tax at €200 pa.
    Nice little motor for someone starting out driving.

Anything major to look out for with the 1.4 HDI, is this engine also found in Fiestas, young lad passed his test recently so will be in the market for something soon.

• Advertisement

That Mazda is a nice find.

That Mazda is a nice find.

Claimed mileage is a bit out, looking at the NCT disc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

KevRossi wrote: »
    MGF, 2003, same owner for last 7 years. Nice driver these. Low miles. Slightly over budget at €2,400 but it has 2 months tax on it and NCT to 07/21.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-rover-mg-cabriolet/27300263?campaign=3

YjMxNTZhYWRiYjFmYTVlYjJjMjQxZTAzNmI2ZTNhNWXfxQFlyFZsLQJqeRK6ERhuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE3OTc1NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

For whatever its worth, I know the lad selling this. That car is his Mams afaik and would have been driven easily and well maintained.

He's an A1 chap and anyone dealing with him would be able to trust him.

That's very cool. Definitely one for the barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Anything major to look out for with the 1.4 HDI, is this engine also found in Fiestas, young lad passed his test recently so will be in the market for something soon.

Are the pedals fierce close to each other on 207s ? If its the way I'm thinking, your lad might want to check that his feet are small enough to fit !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Claimed mileage is a bit out, looking at the NCT disc :D
    I'd say he does it all the time. Another of his ads;
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-estate-tdci/27253132
    On the ad; 190,000 km
    On the NCT cert; 320,197km
    All the cars come with no warranty, and sold for very little money, so I actually wonder where he got them from?

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd say he does it all the time. Another of his ads;
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-estate-tdci/27253132
    On the ad; 190,000 km
    On the NCT cert; 320,197km
    All the cars come with no warranty, and sold for very little money, so I actually wonder where he got them from?

Trade ins to a main dealer I’d imagine.

Are they xenons on that focus or does it just happen to have headlight washers? Very odd on a base spec car, especially a Focus

Are they xenons on that focus or does it just happen to have headlight washers? Very odd on a base spec car, especially a Focus

I’d say the bumper mightn't be original

• Advertisement

Cheap car but to be fair it's in rag order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement