Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

It's an 18 year old poor man's Merc, not a limited edition Ferrari.

I'd rather an 18 year old Audi than any 18 year old Merc!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-auris-luna-1-4-petrol-5dr-for-sale/27272509

Hoping to shift this, this week all reasonable offers considered.

Not to often you see a 1.4 petrol with that mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Might be worth dropping the asking price a bit if you’re willing to take less.

Had sale agreed for 2k last week but sale fell through as he broke his leg in work.

Would let go for bit less but want to leave wiggle room to negotiate

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Not to often you see a 1.4 petrol with that mileage

Genuine mileage and great car never gave me any issues. Just with the wife and myself both working from home no longer need two cars in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I wouldn't be paying nearly 3 grand for it. Heavy on juice, heavy on tax, okay to drive but plenty of better, cheaper options out there to buy and to run so hardly bangernomics. Waste of moneynomics.

Edit: the 2003 A4 that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Had sale agreed for 2k last week but sale fell through as he broke his leg in work.

Would let go for bit less but want to leave wiggle room to negotiate

Might be no harm to tidy up the ad, there’s a lot of irrelevant features listed.
    Features:
    - Height adjustable drivers seat
    - Front Restraints
    - Front Electric Windows4 electric windows
    - Electric Windows
    - Electric Mirrors
    - Body Coloured Bumpers
    - Adjustable steering column/wheel
    - Alloy Wheels
    - Remote Central Locking
    - Adjustable seats
    - Multiple Airbags9 airbags
    - Immobilizer
    - Centralised lockingRemote locking
    - Car History Checked
    - Split Fold Rear Seats
    - Tinted Windows
    - Rear Electric Windows
    - Colour coding - Interior
    - Power Steering
    - Cloth seat trim
    - Onboard Computer
    - Body Coloured Bumpers/Mirrors
    - Multi-Function Steering Wheel

You also left out rear spoiler, air conditioning and front fog lights. Aircon is a very important extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Aircon is a very important extra.

Reminds me of a car I had that never had the aircon serviced and I turned it on one hot day with windows up and nearly gassed myself. Couldn't breathe it was toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Reminds me of a car I had that never had the aircon serviced and I turned it on one hot day with windows up and nearly gassed myself. Couldn't breathe it was toxic.

Just leave it running for a few minutes, if there was a leak the gas would be long gone. I've been driving aircon equipped cars since 2008 and never had the aircon serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Did you have any passengers at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They're all dead...

• Advertisement

No just myself. Handy car for your enemy though. I'll leave the car running and leave on the air con for you while I pop into the shop.

Garda ask what happened, I'm not sure popped into shop came out and he was dead. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

No just myself. Handy car for your enemy though. I'll leave the car running and leave on the air con for you while I pop into the shop.

Garda ask what happened, I'm not sure popped into shop came out and he was dead. :pac:

The next buyer would probably look for a couple hundred off if they found out the aircon was dodge - might be best not to call the guards

The next buyer would probably look for a couple hundred off if they found out the aircon was dodge

I sold the car handy enough. I sold it a good few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I wouldn't be paying nearly 3 grand for it. Heavy on juice, heavy on tax, okay to drive but plenty of better, cheaper options out there to buy and to run so hardly bangernomics. Waste of moneynomics.

Edit: the 2003 A4 that is.

You'd have bought it for a grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-opel-corsa-sxi-1-2-nct-1-22-tax-4-21/27371705

M2Q5MjgzMzVlMmY0Zjc0NTg5M2Y3NmJlZmI1NjM0MDUjnWrfETLvDYYkmaDw1mfaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI2MjEyMjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Not a big fan of these but this looks nice for the money, and is in the right spec

1.2 Sxi, tax til April and a years NCT, €1200. Very nice car for a learner IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-opel-corsa-sxi-1-2-nct-1-22-tax-4-21/27371705

M2Q5MjgzMzVlMmY0Zjc0NTg5M2Y3NmJlZmI1NjM0MDUjnWrfETLvDYYkmaDw1mfaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI2MjEyMjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Not a big fan of these but this looks nice for the money, and is in the right spec

Was a time when a Corsa was as good as money in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

You'd have bought it for a grand though.

But it's nearly 3 grand :confused::confused::confused:

And calling a car from this century a "classic" is a tad bit out of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

highdef wrote: »

It’s 2021. That’s more years into this century than the Ford Cortina was produced for. Would you have disputed a Mk 1 Cortina was a classic when the Sierra was the current model?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It was for sale last week at a little over a grand, someone bought it and is flipping it. I think he is referring to the original price.

All that "classic" nonsense is just the seller justifying the doubling of the price (to himself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

alastair wrote: »
    It’s 2021. That’s more years into this century than the Ford Cortina was produced for. Would you have disputed a Mk 1 Cortina was a classic when the Sierra was the current model?

Cars didnt last as long back then, even the MK3 Cortina would have been scarce when the Sierra launched, a banger in 1985 would have been less than 10 years old,
    Theres still lots of early 00s Audis ,VWs and Toyotas in everyday use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mankteln

Is that good value? Genuinely asking as having been thinking of picking up a smaller car soon but shocked that that's the going rate for that age and mileage.
    I picked up a 07 C180 last year with the same mileage as that yoke for €1250 (also had a year's NCT)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It was on sale for a grand last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Love them or hate them.. this one has a brand new NCT to 05/22 and is decently priced at €950.
    Heated leather too. Sounds like it was well looked after.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-beetle-classic-insurance-nct-05-2022/27370547

YjJjZGVkMTc2YWZmYmNkZjljMjgwOGQwMjRiMmE4ZGYUxwIaLHX6z6tFQXLWQINBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI2MTAxODR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

2000 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3. Risky with only a months NCT left, but it's only €600. One owner from new, very clean, almost 400,000 km. Nice seats, from a dealer but probably no warranty.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mitsubishi-colt-2000-1-3-one-owner-irish-car/27367632

YWM1NjBkMDU0NzAyMjdiNGQ4NDlkZGI1YWU4YTgzOTUbcqy6GfGzwJpljKjDpdzzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI1NzQxMzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2010 clio 1.6 gt

Could fall on bangers territory

2250 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23046017

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2002 ford puma 1.6 petrol

850 eur
    http://www.adverts.ie/23044728

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Is it wrong that i immediately dont trust any vehicle posted on adverts?

I like that Clio a lot but it seems way too cheap, no? A 2010 1.2 Clio would be multiples of that.

Love the Colt, love the Puma too (specially the stereo it looks OE?) But with low and Covid extensions i'm not sure if they are great bangernomics.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€600 tax on the Clio would put a lot of people off. Seems too nice for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I like that Clio a lot but it seems way too cheap, no? A 2010 1.2 Clio would be multiples of that.

Love the Colt, love the Puma too (specially the stereo it looks OE?) But with low and Covid extensions i'm not sure if they are great bangernomics.

Here ya go

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-sport-1-6gt/27379553?campaign=14

Now ya can trust it for some reason :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I’m more inclined to trust a seller on Adverts.ie provided they have good feedback. Less inclined to trust DD sellers.
    It’s a bit odd that DD and Adverts are owned by the same company yet no facility for feedback on DD though maybe that’ll change in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement