Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Would anyone have reason to suspect the 99k milage on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Mayo?? couldn't be further away...

Not far from me. Well beyond my 5km though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Would anyone have reason to suspect the 99k milage on that?

The car is 33 years old, mileage at that age is almost irrelevant it's all down condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-alfa-1-9-jtd-only-97k-new-nct-tax/27390951

NmZkYjZlNzBiYTQyYmIwYTY1MjE5NzQwNDU5MzM2NmPhpCoakBpF5GJ-RWmQRienaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI4MDc1NDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MzhlOWIzM2U1YTJmZmQ1ODNiZjFiYWYwMTVkZmVlODU14CmReh670ZnR8IHLEZ6JaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI4MDc1NDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap(ish) tax 159 estate with tax until June and NCT til April 2022, 1 owner and claiming 97k miles, €1850

This looks really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

That's lovely I'd happily buy and drive that Alfa great find Duke

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-subaru-legacy-awd-fsh-long-nct-21-2021-full-leather-auto/27390802

OTJjNDViM2YwNmQyYTE5YzRhYjViMjAxYmRjZTAyMmUABrkxQLLZJtmbZnHC-QRmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI4MDYwMTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seemingly well looked after 2.5 Legacy with NCT til December, nice spec and premium tyres, €950

I know the tax makes something like this a bit of a redundant bangernomics effort, but it looks lovely for the money

Great front end on that Alfa. Alloys suit it too.

What are the automatics like on those Legacy's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Great front end on that Alfa. Alloys suit it too.

Totally agree on both. Cracking looking car.

This bit from the ad doesn't fill me with confidence tho
    Any mechanical inspection welcome 🙏
    Why is he praying 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What are the automatics like on those Legacy's?

Thirsty thirsty thirsty... box isn't great for heavy towing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The autobox is a 4 speed so it isn't the most frugal but they make quite a nice noise when floored.
    165bhp so it's not the quickest or slowest but it's generally a reliable car.
    If you take it handy then it can be ok on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/27388382

OTNmMTNkMmMwOTA1ZmU1MzM4NjBmNDA5Y2E4YTRhOGKX1UXJrBJ8M3KSdY1eOwzHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI3NzcxMDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

88 Corolla hatch with tax til July and NCT all the way to September 2022, €1950

2 owners, low miles. Won't appeal to everyone but I think this is lovely for the money, and I'd say that its not something that is ever likely to depreciate if kept in good nick.

I've one of these in an estate - super reliable (so far at least but seems to be general consensus) and very enjoyable to drive. That looks lovely at that price.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I've one of these in an estate - super reliable (so far at least but seems to be general consensus) and very enjoyable to drive. That looks lovely at that price.

image.png

Estate was rare,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

3 years ago this week I bought my 03 Corolla thanks to Duke finding it after I made a request on thread. Turned out the seller was literally across the road from me.

Car still going perfectly. Failed last NCT on a rusty brake line, simple and cheap fix. Not due until June now cos of the covid extension from last year but I'm expecting it to pass with no issues after very little mileage in the last 12 months.

€600 is cost me and has had very little put into it bar cheap fixes after an NCT fail. Whenever the time comes I'll be sorry to see her go.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2010 chevy aveo 1.2

1750 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23065418

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    2010 chevy aveo 1.2

1750 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23065418

Grim, just plain grim... Truly hateful little cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Neighbour had one of them for years, a truly joyless machine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I remember getting a load of the Kalos on our rental fleet for half nothing in 2004. Absolutely horrific yokes. All the interior quality of a chinese takeaway container.

It was just when chevrolet bought Daewoo so they had Chevrolet badges outside but Daewoo badges on the steering wheel

• Advertisement

Having just sold my own wagon I was in the market for something sub €400 and the only criteria was that it should have at least 3 months tax and test. Got a little hyundai getz that ticked those boxes.. similar to that daewoo.... Only do it if you truly hate yourself.

Having just sold my own wagon I was in the market for something sub €400 and the only criteria was that it should have at least 3 months tax and test. Got a little hyundai getz that ticked those boxes.. similar to that daewoo.... Only do it if you truly hate yourself.

What car are you going to get to replace the wagon?

dobman88 wrote: »
    3 years ago this week I bought my 03 Corolla thanks to Duke finding it after I made a request on thread. Turned out the seller was literally across the road from me.

Car still going perfectly. Failed last NCT on a rusty brake line, simple and cheap fix. Not due until June now cos of the covid extension from last year but I'm expecting it to pass with no issues after very little mileage in the last 12 months.

€600 is cost me and has had very little put into it bar cheap fixes after an NCT fail. Whenever the time comes I'll be sorry to see her go.

We got a tidy 05 Corolla that I found on here in December 2018, for 1400. Still have it now, have spent about 600 or so on it since and it passed nct in Janaury. Its manky as the dogs are always in it, but it will be staying til it dies.
    Love it, it just oozes reliability.

What car are you going to get to replace the wagon?

Head says f11 530d but the heart is leaning towards a facelift e64 535d... The latter being a very marmite car but I think the right colour/wheels/trim it's a fantastic machine, I'm going to test one at the weekend.

I thought I would run the getz for a few months and then purchase but having owned it for a few days I need to start looking for something soon. It's horrific.

Head says f11 530d but the heart is leaning towards a facelift e64 535d... The latter being a very marmite car but I think the right colour/wheels/trim it's a fantastic machine, I'm going to test one at the weekend.

I thought I would run the getz for a few months and then purchase but having owned it for a few days I need to start looking for something soon. It's horrific.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

We got a tidy 05 Corolla that I found on here in December 2018, for 1400. Still have it now, have spent about 600 or so on it since and it passed nct in Janaury. Its manky as the dogs are always in it, but it will be staying til it dies.
    Love it, it just oozes reliability.

Yeah, I completely agree with the reliability. When i was asking a couple of mechanic friends about it they both replied with 1 word messages. Bulletproof. I dont really like the word and always take it with a pinch of salt but it really is a good way to describe this car. Few scratches and dents on it, none from my time driving it, but to be expected on a car that old. I'll happily stay driving it until it blows up.

Also, same with the dogs but sure an aul Hoover now and then is grand lol. We use the missus Xsara, also found on here, if we are going anywhere remotely respectable.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah, I completely agree with the reliability. When i was asking a couple of mechanic friends about it they both replied with 1 word messages. Bulletproof. I dont really like the word and always take it with a pinch of salt but it really is a good way to describe this car. Few scratches and dents on it, none from my time driving it, but to be expected on a car that old. I'll happily stay driving it until it blows up.

Also, same with the dogs but sure an aul Hoover now and then is grand lol. We use the missus Xsara, also found on here, if we are going anywhere remotely respectable.

They are a bit prone to rust, and ours was one of those cars owned by some old dear who kept the interior and exterior spotless and clean, but probably didnt do the regular maintenance and servicing, so it needed some brake parts and a few other bits and pieces since we bought it. The clutch isnt great either as she probably ragged the ****e out of it, but it has lasted 2+ years so wont bother replacing it til it forces me to.
    But the engine is spot on. The only time it gets a hoover is before the nct!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2007 honda civic type S

1250 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23066694

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i30-1-6-dsl-08-nct-today-tax-low-miles/27398939

MGU4NWY2ZWUzYzFiNWNhYzMwMGZiMzNhMDg5ZTI5ZGLOdJHEl6MZaMfBKmgIAN0raHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI4OTE0NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nicely spec'd i30 diesel with tax til May and NCT til October, €1795

Claiming 119k miles and 1 owner. These are very good little cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We brought one of those i30 Premiums in from the uk back in 2012. They’re a great car, the 17s really help the way it drives, they’re quite sharp once all the suspension components are in check.

We swapped the 17s out though for 15s a few years ago as it was not suited to the rural roads around where it lives. It was eating through droplinks and other bushings.

I think the mother has put 130k miles on top of the 60 that was on it. No major issues apart from the clutch pressure plate going, problem was ignored for too long and it took the gearbox casing with it when it eventually collapsed.

Still on original turbo, injectors etc. They don’t have a DPF or DMF either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement