Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

KevRossi wrote: »
    Saab 93 Convertible, NCT 08/21. Manual, love it or loath it. Great value IMO at €1,500. These have bottomed out in price, will either stay stable or increase. Not as desirable as it's predecessor, but this one is a good mix of old school and a modern driver. I have one of these as a 5-door and they're very capable cars.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-se-convertible/26959898

MjA2NmRlZTUxYTE3NTU0OTk0ZmQzMWJmMTBlOWI5ZDU8mhdknU4LTAXwEbHIDcMcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjc3MTMxMjZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MTRmNzcxOTRkNjkxZDY1NGM5YzA5YjBhYWIzZmU3N2Q_YJg-ySgX2RvJiWKxxYbFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjc3MTMxMzF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A saab convertible was always on the bucket list of cars to own as a summer weekend driver but unfortunately I have no where to store in the off season so until I do pick up storage facility it's another one that's going to have to wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is that an electric roof? or manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

fryup wrote: »
    is that an electric roof? or manual?
    They are electric/hydraulic. Its a pretty big roof.

Usually fairly reliable if they dont spring small hydraulic leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's odd how the leaver for moving the front passenger seat forward to let someone in the back of that 9-3 is on the wrong side of the front passenger seat. Never bothered changing it for RHD markets I'd guess or was that passenger seat actually replaced with a driver's seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's odd how the leaver for moving the front passenger seat forward to let someone in the back of that 9-3 is on the wrong side of the front passenger seat. Never bothered changing it for RHD markets I'd guess or was that passenger seat actually replaced with a driver's seat.

If it was a driver's seat wouldn't the seat belt buckle be on the wrong side also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They have a lever on both sides of the passenger seat, it’s so the driver can move the passenger seat.

I think i remember there being 2 of them, one for the driver to flip the seat forward.

That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

That makes sense.

Sweedish design is very rational, even if it's not immediately obvious, every touch point has been thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I think a petrol Honda properly serviced would take huge mileage.

I sold a 95 civic in 04 with 200k miles or so to a friend, he had it for nearly 10 years after.

Car was sold by Kinnane and probably serviced by him. In truth oil and filters is all it's probably needed

Drove 2 09 Civics 2.2 diesel, plenty of poke in both but drove like a pile of scrap. Drove 08 golf 1.9 tdi far more miles but drove like a solid nice car. Absolutely no comparison.

Brother loves Civics, wife has 131 1.6 diesel now that's streets ahead of the older model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

job seeker wrote: »
    If it was a driver's seat wouldn't the seat belt buckle be on the wrong side also?

Seatbelts don't attach to the seat

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    1996 toyota corolla

Bodywork nor the best but could be a good base

750 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23092843

Contacted this seller (via Donedeal) as soon as it appeared here. Seems he got the full asking price offered immediately after putting up the ad. I was told if that person did not show then I would be next in line.

Upset to see it marked as sold yesterday morning. From talking to the seller it seemed like a genuine car - and look at all the service history & NCT certs! Sickened I missed out on it.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Sweedish design is very rational, even if it's not immediately obvious, every touch point has been thought out.

I'm a bit dubious about putting the boot release on the door. And the whole "lock it in reverse" thing is a bit esoteric for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Murt102 wrote: »
    Contacted this seller (via Donedeal) as soon as it appeared here. Seems he got the full asking price offered immediately after putting up the ad. I was told if that person did not show then I would be next in line.

Upset to see it marked as sold yesterday morning. From talking to the seller it seemed like a genuine car - and look at all the service history & NCT certs! Sickened I missed out on it.

Not a surprise if it is back a bit overpriced..:)

2008 suzuki ignis

A bit pricey due to paint condition

1650 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23109772

2006 seat ibiza 1.2 petrol

799 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23108512

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

799 eur

The cheek of someone to offer 500 for it! :D

799 eur

If the timing chain holds together, they are a great car for around town. Seems to be a bit if a lottery with them regardless of service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

job seeker wrote: »
    The cheek of someone to offer 500 for it! :D

That’s a high offer by Adverts standards

Yeah they usually just offer you a swap for a 6 month old Jack Russel pup or a broken play station on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yeah they usually just offer you a swap for a 6 month old Jack Russel pup or a broken play station on adverts.

Jack Russell would be worth more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are the opel insignias awful cars lads?

2009 to 2012 ones are very risky when it comes to reliability. A Mondeo would be a safer bet.

2009 to 2012 ones are very risky when it comes to reliability. A Mondeo would be a safer bet.
    we have a 2008 mondeo titanium automatic.. lovely car but expensive tax and generally hard on diesel because its automatic makes me wanna change it tbh

Well you would want to be going 2013 onward with an Insignia to get a decent one otherwise you could well be just spending money on repairs rather than tax and fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Well you would want to be going 2013 onward with an Insignia to get a decent one otherwise you could well be just spending money on repairs rather than tax and fuel.

Repair is giving it too much praise..... New engine etc they love to blow.

Any suggestions for a car to replace the mondeo? Ideally diesel and an estate or big enough for a family of 5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Skoda Superb or a VW Passat if you want to go away from the mondeo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

If it's still on the after 10 years, I wouldn't be worrying too much about reliability. Anything that could have gone wrong with those engines would have happened already IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement