Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The facelift ones are ok cos they have a plastic bumper. Some genius decided to do the bottom half of the 99-03 ones in metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ongarite wrote: »
    The towbar can be a good replacement for parking sensor on those Yaris models.
    I rarely see one of them with the lower panel below bumper without a load of dents in it.

This.

My dad always had a hitch, even though he hadn't pulled a trailer in about 20 years. Gave him reassurance in case anyone bumped into him too

This.

My dad always had a hitch, even though he hadn't pulled a trailer in about 20 years. Gave him reassurance in case anyone bumped into him too

That's the main thing. Remember walking and being 10 yards from a decent rear-ender, had to be at least 20mpg at impact. The car in front had a tow-bar which was pushed to the side. The car behind was wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

One won't do a biblical amount of trailer pulling with a Yaris. The boot is tiny, so the hitch comes handy when extra space needed. 68 horses won't do wonders either! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

padyjoe wrote: »
    One won't do a biblical amount of trailer pulling with a Yaris. The boot is tiny, so the hitch comes handy when extra space needed. 68 horses won't do wonders either! ;-)

Wouldnt be much metal to mount the towbar to , wee 4x3 single axel trailer at most though I pulled a twin axel 10x6 ifor Williams flat trailer with a Starlet back in the day, she managed it better than when I used a Renault 11, that didn't end well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Maybe a little overpriced but if all that work has receipts to prove, it might be worth a punt.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-audi-a6-new-nct/27414825

Not sure about the dent on the front wing mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Maybe a little overpriced but if all that work has receipts to prove, it might be worth a punt.

Front bumper looks an entirely different colour, I'm not sure if the lower section is black like VW so could be due to spraying the lower section and trying to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats a car that would last you a lifetime with very little trouble.

Great find. Looks a lovely example

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-iq-1-0-vvti/26991731

Zjc0OTU2NGMzZGU3MGFlYTE2MDRhYTJlODY3YTdmZTI-LANKP1G1gAFmW5IBAHw2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjgxMDkyOTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

IQ with NCT til January 2022, €1999

Bit rough around the edges but an interesting little car

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus high mileage for what is a city car. Someone must have been driving it up and down motorways to put that mileage on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In fairness it's 12 years old so that equates to about 12,500 miles per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bazz26 wrote: »
    In fairness it's 12 years old so that equates to about 12,500 miles per year.

That's still not city car driving that equates to driving miles up and down a motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How do you know for sure? That car could have been used for takeaway deliveries for all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Zjc0OTU2NGMzZGU3MGFlYTE2MDRhYTJlODY3YTdmZTI-LANKP1G1gAFmW5IBAHw2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjgxMDkyOTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I wouldn't be able to drive that,I would have to put it on first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's super cool and good bangernomics too with all that tax and test and a fresh enough reg.

The bodywork does look hockied though, unfortunately, look at the passenger side sill.

Still would though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-starlet/27502053

You could have it's older brother with bad hygene for a bit less. 2 months tax, 8 months test and the seller says it all in the ad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd have to sit in the boot of the iq to drive it....

Always wonder how someone could be that bad in such a small car, they always tend to use the car they park into to judge the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Imagine someone you know seeing you in that IQ.

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Imagine someone you know seeing you in that IQ.

Shame.

On the plus side, nobody would ever ask you to give them a lift .. for that reason,I'm in.

I had one as a demo for a while back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Could be worse it could be the Aston Martin version

Gatling wrote: »
    Could be worse it could be the Aston Martin version

Let me know if one comes up in this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

On the plus side, nobody would ever ask you to give them a lift .. for that reason,I'm in.

Not even a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd have to sit in the boot of the iq to drive it....

Always wonder how someone could be that bad in such a small car, they always tend to use the car they park into to judge the space.

I think it's a cool little yoke, perfect little shopping cart.

uhVHc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Such a great little car and design. I wonder when we will ever see something as innovative as this and the smart car from another manufacturer again and no not that little citroen thing. It's not really a car anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The thing is, nobody must have wanted them, otherwise they'd be everywhere.

It's hard to inagine trying to sell it alongside the Aygo.

That’s a good question for Colm perhaps - what were you expected to say to get someone to buy an IQ over an Aygo?

Customer: i do like they Aygo, but it isn't expensive, inpractical or ugly enough for my needs and it holds one too many occupant.

Colm: *slaps the roof of a new IQ*, i've got just the thing sir.

I dont think so. The one Duke posted was taxed in the replublic 6 months before the UK one was even advertised online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

yep copped that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement