Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I Was VB wrote: »
    Have to get the leader of the opposition motoring, she’s been learning to drive the last while in my van, manual gears aren’t really aren’t her strong point despite lessons and me being patient through the many crunches and stalls.

So Weve decided that we’re gonna buy a MK2 Prius, good points, automatic, cheap tax, reliable.

I can’t think of any negatives asides from catalytic converters being nicked.

Any other cars to consider? Has to be automatic, reliable, and unfortunately not a barge. Under 15 years of age for insurance reasons and a budget of around €4k

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27492327 this fits the bill fairly well.

I think you should start your own thread this is for bangers worth 2 grand and less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-panda-emotion-5dr/27423907

Looks nice, fair bit of tax left and they'll nct it for an extra ton so I guess it might just qualify for this thread? 1100 with the nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Looks nice, fair bit of tax left and they'll nct it for an extra ton so I guess it might just qualify for this thread? 1100 with the nct.

They should just have NCT'ed it, and be done. Otherwise it seems a cracking little car, in great condition, but the NCT crap puts up all sorts of red flags for me about it. Top spec means it was never a rental, so might be good. Theres little on a panda that cant be easily or cheaply fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

They should just have NCT'ed it, and be done. Otherwise it seems a cracking little car, in great condition, but the NCT crap puts up all sorts of red flags for me about it. Top spec means it was never a rental, so might be good. Theres little on a panda that cant be easily or cheaply fixed.

Yeah, I dont see the point of not just getting it done.
    I'd also assume theyll need to take a deposit if they are going to do it, cos I dont think anyone will pay up front on the previso that it gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yeah, I dont see the point of not just getting it done.
    I'd also assume theyll need to take a deposit if they are going to do it, cos I dont think anyone will pay up front on the previso that it gets done.

2k miles since last NCT surely just €55 and away

• Advertisement

Not for this thread as it has no NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

2k miles since last NCT surely just €55 and away
    You might think but don't assume that to be case. Time can be just as unforgiving to a car as high miles in particular if its parked up for lengthy periods. Any rubber can perish, brake lines rust, electrical gremlins etc. End of the day the only person that will tell you for sure is the NCT tester.

You might think but don't assume that to be case. Time can be just as unforgiving to a car as high miles in particular if its parked up for lengthy periods. Any rubber can perish, brake lines rust, electrical gremlins etc. End of the day the only person that will tell you for sure is the NCT tester.

Yea it is actually better to drive a car than leave it parked up. Obviously that is to drive normally and not italian tune it up and down the roads like a mad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s a good question for Colm perhaps - what were you expected to say to get someone to buy an IQ over an Aygo?

They were kinda seeing them as a Smart car rival, at its peak they sold a little over 1 per dealer nationally in 2009 including demos, obviously some more rural dealers mightn't have sold any. 2010-11 was half that figure, and 2012 half again.

The idea of the iQ was apparently to get people into the showrooms, it was infuriating for dealers given the iQ was just too expensive for what it was, the Urban Cruiser came around the same time too, based on the Yaris and selling for Qashqai money.
    What we really wanted back then was a large 7 seater to sell, there were a few new models they could have offered - instead TMME homolgated 2 Japanese-built small cars that didn’t have a hope of selling in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is one for the shed...

I can't link to it as I'm on mobile and the ad is on facebook. Just type in "TTE Yaris" and it'll pop up.

Nice two door factory TTE 1.0 with a bit of test for a grand asking.

Screenshot-20210320-113210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

That’s just a Colour Collection (same as Irish Blue model) with wheels and a TTE spoiler

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s just a Colour Collection (same as Irish Blue model) with wheels and a TTE spoiler

Front bumper looks different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Seem to get that with Toyota have an Auris and in a certain light the bumpers look off, have seen it on other Corollas and Auris, possibly the plastic absorbs the paint differently

Yeah, the lower plastic grille is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Hanging masks from the rear view mirror like that should be punishable by death.

Note that Al Hayes will sell any old crap off the forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Didn't realise that never had any dealings based in North Cork myself just popped across it on donedeal while searching the tax made it attractive to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Every vehicle driven by the travellers here in Wexford has an Al Hayes border on the number plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Every vehicle driven by the travellers here in Wexford has an Al Hayes border on the number plate.

There's a bit of a pattern emerging here. It shouldn't go unchallenged.

They do some unbeatable deals on new stuff.

They get great deals seemingly, I asked one of the young lads driving a VW Amorok before you accuse me of traveller hating. They used to deal with VW Wexford but get better deals with the Al Hayes guys.

They do some unbeatable deals on new stuff.

So the lads I was talking to were telling me, serious deals seemingly.

Steering wheel alone is worth a few quid :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-gttdi-140bhp-6-speed-tax-an-nct/27578299

Seriously though, not bad for a grand.

I'm not pushed eater way is a classic line in that ad.

Steering wheel alone is worth a few quid :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-gttdi-140bhp-6-speed-tax-an-nct/27578299

Seriously though, not bad for a grand.

Joe wouldn't be great on the aul spelling but she's a decent looking car in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Did you know they where travellers because you did your sniff test on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

Your right, he has a thing for minorities and their cars. Remember the other night his post that strangely disappeared

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement