Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Best photos I’ve seen in a long while on Done Deal. Seller uses own name plus only one ad ever. All pluses in my book.

He even managed to get the Ringsend chimneys into the photos if I’m not mistaken- viewing on a mobile so I’m not 100% sure

He did, I reckon he took the photos over Bull Island direction, possibly right around here, judging by the aspect and background

M2FhZTA0ODNmYjkwZDk5MDM0ZDNjOTg1ZDIyOThhYTcpRJ5he9Hch36d5AWnGMuGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzAwNjYyOTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

1998 toyota starlet

900 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23258813

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

2008 peugeot 308 1.6 petrol

1650 eur

http://www.adverts.ie/23182272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

03 stilo with loads of tax and nct til end of the year, low mileage for the year.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-stilo-1-2-16v-mint-11-months-tax-10-month-nct/27523772

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Seller is known for it but it's insanely too much money for it. Even if he halved the asking price he'd only be getting warm IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Remaining tax on that Stilo is worth €285. I'd say the car and tax combined is only worth about what, €4-500?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

They are very underpowered in 1.2, but worth a punt at half the asking alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I remember when the Stilo came out at first how popular they were but that changed quickly unfortunatly for Fiat when people realised how underpowered and unreliable they were. Such a pity as they were a lovely very comfortable car to sit in. Fiat were doing great deals at the time too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I say it every time one pops up but they still are a beautiful looking car.

We well my parents nearly bought one in 97 it was either that or a 306 and I found the 306 brochure but not the 406 and confirmed cedar them to by a Megane Classic instead. Much more modern better car than the ancient 306 with its crappy dash. The mother would not have drove the 406 anyway as it would have been too big that's why when the Skoda Octavia came out some years later it was perfect. That and it would have been a horrible base spec 406.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I drove a 1.6 when they came out, thought it was a 1.2, was a very heavy car, would have bought one if it wasn’t for the lack of power. I was driving a 146 1.4 at that moment and it felt slower than that (even though on paper they were the same) I probably dodged a bullet there.

For what it’s worth they had savage tech on the early ones, and the 3 door with the pano roof was a very nice car. They were also quite affordable.
    They had quite a bad reputation though, not sure how bad they really were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/27627421

YjE5MWM2YzI3YWY5YjkxYTdlMTM0Nzc3NTllN2E2ZTYqclYgueqZ3O5FbmRvVYhJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzUyNjEwNjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test til August, €1500

Look at that bullbar! Definitely would

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I thought bull bars were illegal due to damage they would do to a pedestrian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Not if they've been dehorned.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

2005 onwards....

There are pedestrian friendly ones available but they look cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Do they not just have to be angled in such a way that the pedestrian flies off them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

2005 onwards....

Yea it was around that time I heard about it. I was working for a builder at that time who had a solid one on the front of a transit van. I'd say if he crashed into another van/car there would be minimal damage done to his van.

Yea it was around that time I heard about it. I was working for a builder at that time who had a solid one on the front of a transit van. I'd say if he crashed into another van/car there would be minimal damage done to his van.

Had them on all my pick ups and 4x4s.

Mad to see loads still fitting to new vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/27627421

Test til August, €1500

Look at that bullbar! Definitely would
    Some effort. 2 photos, no mileage and NCT tested (but I won't tell you till when, you've to find that out for yourself) :rolleyes:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Some effort. 2 photos, no mileage and NCT tested (but I won't tell you till when, you've to find that out for yourself) :rolleyes:

14 aug 2021 nct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

14 aug 2021 nct
    I know - i checked. My point was that a potential buyer shouldn't have to search out such information. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Top Dog wrote: »
    I know - i checked. My point was that a potential buyer shouldn't have to search out such information. ;)

Given the price I don't think I would even bother to search.

1500 euro? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jharr100

wonski wrote: »
    Given the price I don't think I would even bother to search.

1500 euro? No thanks.

Definitely wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

An August expiry would be a disc dated April expiry with the way the coivd extensions are.

I dont know other peoples opinions and i know it is valid but i dont personally consider the covid extension as a great addition to a car in a case like that. It's just borrowed time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I dont know other peoples opinions and i know it is valid but i dont personally consider the covid extension as a great addition to a car in a case like that. It's just borrowed time really.
    Agreed. With a car like that, it's when it was last tested, not when it'll be next tested that I want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

At this price bracket a recent test backdated 11 months is a lot better than a year old test extended by 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

An August expiry would be a disc dated April expiry with the way the coivd extensions are.

Will the extension be cut off the next NCT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Will the extension be cut off the next NCT?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thoughts on a 2009 2010 focus diesel?

Good cars or piles of scrap?

Imo I wouldn't unless minded like a baby, service history and not colossal mileage....

1.6 diesel wouldn't be my 1st or 10th choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Option 2: Piles of scrap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement