Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Looking to buy a 2010 lads saloon focus octavia c5 passat superb

Dunno what to buy what if any bargains are out there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I dont think they are are a terrible engine, there's plenty of them out there.

If i was looking for a cheap diesel, i wouldn't be discounting them, you'd be ruling out a huge amount of makes and models.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Looking to buy a 2010 lads saloon focus octavia c5 passat superb

Dunno what to buy what if any bargains are out there
    Superb would be the best of that line up I think they still had the 1.9PD engine in 2010, if you find one of the CR engined ones go for the 2 litre the 1.6 was very gutless in them. C5?? run Forrest run..

Newer shape Superb, these are slowly falling into banger territory.

NCT 11/21, taxed for the next 9 days (390 p/a band), galactic mileage but claims of service and other work done recently (belts/pumps etc)

€1950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb-1-9-tdi-long-nct-and-tax/27549562

YWVhMzcyNDM0MjZkMmIwZDFkZjMyNTcwNDE4ZjM3MjkWmMGfuSPnOdzCH18xZY3TaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQ0MzMxODR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    Thoughts on this car lads? Is the mileage far too high?

Wife doesn't do massive driving so can't see us putting massive miles on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Superb would be the best of that line up I think they still had the 1.9PD engine in 2010, if you find one of the CR engined ones go for the 2 litre the 1.6 was very gutless in them. C5?? run Forrest run..

2.0hdi in the C5 is a peach, everything bad about the the 1.6 Focus applies to the 1.6hdi in the C5. AFAIK the later 1.6hdi (2010 onwards) is 8v SOHC and much more reliable than the earlier 16v units.

• Advertisement

alias no.9 wrote: »
    2.0hdi in the C5 is a peach, everything bad about the the 1.6 Focus applies to the 1.6hdi in the C5. AFAIK the later 1.6hdi (2010 onwards) is 8v SOHC and much more reliable than the earlier 16v units.

So you reckon a 2 litre Diesel c5 would be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

That would be a nice buy if it had no DPF, not sure if that year/model has one

C5's are junk 2 litre or not especially of that vintage, rear suspension arms are a nightmare, electrical problems etc.

User1998 wrote: »

Probably doesn't have one now anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Quick question relations car nct is lapsed over a year
    I think,they want to retest is it backdated or actually from date of the test?
    Anyone able to guide me so I can pass on the info
    Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Our 2012 C4 with 1.6hdi flew through the nct today, a year delayed with minimal prep. Was fully waiting on the fail to find out what they wanted me to fix so just fired it in.

I've seen people complain about them before but it's never given a day's grief, lovely driver too once you get used to the brakes. They don't mess about!

The uncle has a C5 2.0hdi similar vintage as well, lovely bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

crasy dash wrote: »
    Cheers guys

Backdated to the original extension I think, ours was out 04-20 (so last NCT 04-18) and the cert today is til 08-22.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    C5's are junk 2 litre or not especially of that vintage, rear suspension arms are a nightmare, electrical problems etc.

What specifically is the problem with the rear suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

crasy dash wrote: »
    Cheers guys

As far a i know the test is up to the normal NCT due date. e.g. If it expired in June 2019, and you got it tested today, the test would be up until June 2021.

So you reckon a 2 litre Diesel c5 would be decent

With bangernomics its all about the car that's in front of you but the 2.0hdi is a good lump in general

What specifically is the problem with the rear suspension?

Radius arm bearings fill with water and start to squeak like crazy when they're rusty. Bearing kits are available but it's a big job on labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So buy a petrol then.

So buy a petrol then.

See we want a diesel for when she returns to work

See we want a diesel for when she returns to work

Ah got ya....

I know I'll sound like a broken record but a fluence or megane would be a good bet.

Cheap, loads of extras and run on.

Ah got ya....

I know I'll sound like a broken record but a fluence or megane would be a good bet.

Cheap, loads of extras and run on.
    A renault? I have had a megane and Laguna

Both awful

Have they improved that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

User1998 wrote: »

I'd remove it if hasn't already been done.
    Strange though that he did the timing belt and then put it up for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Reading the last few post wouldn't blame anyone to be confused on what to buy:pac:

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Reading the last few post wouldn't blame anyone to be confused on what to buy:pac:

I am honestly confused now

A renault? I have had a megane and Laguna

Both awful

Have they improved that much?

Yes.

Mark 3 upwards brilliant cars.

You most likely had mark2.....

I've put this on mine so far..... 87k km in my hands.....

I didn't take the photo as was driving, daughter took it for me...

Yes.

Mark 3 upwards brilliant cars.

You most likely had mark2.....

I've put this on mine so far..... 87k km in my hands.....

I didn't take the photo as was driving, daughter took it for me...

My old megane was a 98
    Laguna 00 or 01

My old megane was a 98
    Laguna 00 or 01

Yeah the Laguna were a nightmare in that era....

Electric gremlins mostly but pure dirt....

Look at taxis going around, Prius, fluence and megane make up most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The tattoo's and the shouty ad give off a wee bit of a warning, but apart from that it's one of the better priced E46 Coupe's out there.
    Decent ones have bottomed out in price IMO.

Petrol, manual, 4 weeks tax, 14 months NCT. €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2001-e46-coupe-m-sport-tax-nct-classic-insurance/27208616

ZWZmNjBlODg4MGFhYzljN2I3ZWEyNjlmM2ZiYTk4MzOrUZx1dUhnV_gBBp22ra3oaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzI3MDIwNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    MDQ3NGJkY2YyZjBiZjQ4MzFlZDEyYTRmZDk4OTRhZGHV936sQUzh-ixKB2NFtOPHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzIwMjAwMDh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    NjYwMjRlMDFlMThlNDM2NDQ5OWNkNzUzZjJiMjM2OWS6AO5ZcnEez-2o9xPxijpaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQ3MzAwNDN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-1-8-type-s/27597615

YmFlYmRjMzc3MzUyY2FmMjZlYmQ0YzZhYWYwZWI1N2HyegIA-eDrXiOH0M3yiPk5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzQ5MjkxMzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax Type S with NCT til January 2022 and tax til May, €1695

Still very smart looking cars

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That bmw is for sale forever. If it was any way decent it would of sold by now. Personally I think it looks like shìt, wrong spec, wrong interior and the wrong engine. It's one level above scrap.

Don't get me started on the fake m3 side grilles. It's just awful.

• Advertisement

That bmw is for sale forever. If it was any way decent it would of sold by now. Personally I think it looks like shìt, wrong spec, wrong interior and the wrong engine. It's one level above scrap.

Sorted:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement