Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

The most practical car I ever owned. Used for moving band gear, fridges, patio furniture, anything just got swallowed into it. Went to buy it on my vespa, folded down the back seats, put the scooter on it's stand upright into the back and drove home. Simple car to work on, cheap parts and I've heard it can hit the tonne on the motorway, just about. High driving position, like a kitchen chair. Headroom for even the tallest driver. Minded it well and sold it for what I paid for it. Pure unadulterated bangernomic beauty.
    As pleasant to look at as Eamonn Dunphys scrotum obviously, but a cracking car nonetheless.

You could say its a 'great car, not a good car.' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-2-5-petrol-turbo-manual/27732983

2.5t manual S80 with NCT til September for €450

Nice car for not a lot of money even if you threw three months tax on top of the purchase price

Lads, what's the catch there? I know it's high tax but even still.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

And she's out of here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It's big ,it's old, insurance company could act the bollix, 3-400 is the price,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It's big ,it's old, insurance company could act the bollix, 3-400 is the price,

It’s gone anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-2-5-petrol-turbo-manual/27732983

2.5t manual S80 with NCT til September for €450

Nice car for not a lot of money even if you threw three months tax on top of the purchase price

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-2-5t/27744787

anyone have a quad they don't want handy?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-2-5t/27744787

anyone have a quad they don't want handy?

So it's just doubled in price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Different seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Different seller.

Same pictures, cheeky bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭angrybeaver

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27623054

Hope it’s ok to post, My brothers 207. He’s had it around 2 years, he’s just trading up. Never gave him any bother and is a very clean example.

Is it priced alright?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A lovely Renault Scenic,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-scenic-1-5dci-nct-2-22-7-seater/27643225?campaign=3

For anyone looking for a cheap 7seater.

It looks in great condition.

No interior pics do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27623054

Hope it’s ok to post, My brothers 207. He’s had it around 2 years, he’s just trading up. Never gave him any bother and is a very clean example.

Is it priced alright?

Thanks

That's in good condition. My brother also had one. For some reason do black was just not a good colour for it.
    They looked lovely in red or blue but black no. He got it hard to sell his put eventually sold it for 700 euros and it was a 1.6 diesel.
    I think he is dreaming at that price but maybe with it been petrol it will. I would say at a grand it might sell

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What are the Peugeot 508 from 2011 like? Reliable or crap?

Also sorry for annoying you lads :o

My wife is looking at a Mégane estate 2011 for 2500 or a Skoda superb 2012 for 4500

Would the superb be worth spending the extra money on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭fits

Would anyone be interested in a Mercedes C200 06. Automatic diesel. We have had it since 2012 and it genuinely has given no trouble at all. I think it has 350k km on it. I’m going to be doing a lot of driving from September so I want to change now. New NCT on it and taxed until September. 1900 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

My wife is looking at a Mégane estate 2011 for 2500 or a Skoda superb 2012 for 4500

2 different classes of car really, nothing wrong with the Mégane they're a great car wouldn't be as comfortable as the superb it depends on what sort of driving she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

superb all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Looks awful on that suspension. NCT to end of July, but it was done 5 weeks ago, so you can do it again in 3 weeks. Seats need a wet vac, or have a look around a scrapper for a leather set. Great colour if it was polished up.

1.9 petrol. Cheap at €975.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfaromeo-159-petrol/27706818

MjVmZWM2MTA5NTdjMmRjMjg0YzNlZmZmNDk4YzVmZDL2yuWqFlR7DIwDeB7nnubdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzYwNTUwMTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    MTBmNDA2NzA0MWJkM2Q0ZTRlZTQzOTVmNTZhOWJiZGGytPeCyHs6oTjlpN6rUzzVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzYwNTUwMjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Those alloys simply ruin that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    2 different classes of car really, nothing wrong with the Mégane they're a great car wouldn't be as comfortable as the superb it depends on what sort of driving she does.
    she does very little driving if honest

Most will be parked on drive apart from school runs or maybe a trip shopping twice a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

xhomelezz wrote: »

Neither qualify for this thread with no nct.
    The first one has been made an absolute balls of with some of the worst mods you'll see.

Most will be parked on drive apart from school runs or maybe a trip shopping twice a week

I'm a great fan of the superb but I think the Mégane would be more suited to that type of driving, I'm assuming both are diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm a great fan of the superb but I think the Mégane would be more suited to that type of driving, I'm assuming both are diesels.

Can you actually get 2012 Superb for 4500 without intergalactical mileage?

I think at that price point Renault offers better value for money.

Most Skodas would be well past 300k at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Assuming the Megane is diesel, then don’t bother.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Assuming the Megane is diesel, then don’t bother.

Why? A family member of mine did tiny mileage in one of them over 3 years and never had a bother with it. The superb wouldn't do well on short spins like that they're more of a mileage muncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Weird statement.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That makes no sense.

Are you referring to my post?
    He bought it when working a longish commute got a transfer to a much nearer place and just kept tipping away in it, traded it in to a local dealer and it's still flying it. Great car in fairness.

• Advertisement

Why? A family member of mine did tiny mileage in one of them over 3 years and never had a bother with it. The superb wouldn't do well on short spins like that they're more of a mileage muncher.

As in diesel definitely wouldn't suit them.
    Obviously the older diesels could definitely take a lot more abuse and short runs but a petrol is so much better suited.

Megane up to around 2013 I believe doesn't have dpf so can handle the short run better imo.

I've abused the sh1t out of mine over 80k km done and going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement